Question Nokia G10 and G20 -- How to enter Recovery Mode?

Search This thread

ninetitle

Aug 16, 2010
Nokia G10 and G20 -- How to enter Recovery Mode?

Does anyone know how to enter the recovery mode on these two Nokia's model G10, and G20????
Normally, it should be a combination between Volume+/- and Power Button...
However, none of these work apparently.
It only enters fastboot mode and nothing else.

I had tried using adb command "adb devices", it shown connected.
But when I tried "adb reboot recovery", nothing happened so far.

I also digging down some searches for the whole evening.
There were only fake instructions which did not work at all.

Does anyone have any thought about this?

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 14.14.58.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 14.15.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 14.15.45.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: ninetitle

ninetitle

Aug 16, 2010
You can see in the above screenshot that I have successfully entered recovery mode. My device is Nokia G20 TA-1365.

At last, Thank you so much for your tutorial Here.
It worked so far...

After reading your tutorial, it seems to me to be an usual and familiar procedure. I was still wondering what step I did wrong.

So I tried once again, the first time still not success. Then I managed to update the drivers, "usb_driver_r13-windows", and "platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows". On my second attempt, it success.

Thank you again, I appreciate your help and time devoting.

emge2116

Nov 8, 2021
You can see in the above screenshot that I have successfully entered recovery mode. My device is Nokia G20 TA-1365.
Hi, I manage to get to the "android logo with exclamation mark No command text right below it." part. But when I continue to the 11th step "Keep holding Power key and press Volume up once and you will enter recovery mode. Release the keys.", nothing happens. I have been trying the Power + Volume Up combination for about 15 minutes, in all varieties, and nothing happened. I also tried other button combinations, and nothing worked. I just can't get from the android logo into the recovery mode. I have definitely hit the combination that should be right at least once in those million tries. Any ideas?

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Hi, I manage to get to the "android logo with exclamation mark No command text right below it." part. But when I continue to the 11th step "Keep holding Power key and press Volume up once and you will enter recovery mode. Release the keys.", nothing happens. I have been trying the Power + Volume Up combination for about 15 minutes, in all varieties, and nothing happened. I also tried other button combinations, and nothing worked. I just can't get from the android logo into the recovery mode. I have definitely hit the combination that should be right at least once in those million tries. Any ideas?
Which device do you use?

Simply hold power button and then press the Volume up key once, that's it.

emge2116

Nov 8, 2021
Which device do you use?

Simply hold power button and then press the Volume up key once, that's it.

Does this work?

I tried all different possibilities... push both at once, hold both at once, hold one, push the other, and then switch and try again, different holding periods.... only clicks, holding for one second, more seconds,.... everything! I just can't get into the recovery mode.

emge2116

Nov 8, 2021
Begin from start and once you get the Android logo with exclamation mark with No command text then remove USB cable from your phone and then hold power key and press volume key once.
I also tried that multiple times already. So, with cable and without cable inserted. But generally I took some other procedure to get to the Android logo, could that be the problem? But even with that procedure, there were a lot of people that were satisfied with the solution, and it worked for them. I used TFM Tool Pro 2.0.0.

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
I also tried that multiple times already. So, with cable and without cable inserted. But generally I took some other procedure to get to the Android logo, could that be the problem? But even with that procedure, there were a lot of people that were satisfied with the solution, and it worked for them. I used TFM Tool Pro 2.0.0.
Even if you use TFM Tool Pro 2.0.0 the tool sends the same command fastboot reboot recovery, so it should not matter. You should get to the recovery mode.

emge2116

Nov 8, 2021
Even if you use TFM Tool Pro 2.0.0 the tool sends the same command fastboot reboot recovery, so it should not matter. You should get to the recovery mode.
Ok, thank you. Well, if you do think of anything else that would be stopping it, or if you have any other idea it would be very appreciated. Thanks again!

stevesydney2126

Dec 7, 2021
Hi mvikrant97 was there a solution to this problem that emge2116 was experiencing ? I have the same issue, I can successfully get G10 to recovery mode "no command" screen but then no matter what I try I cannot get the phone into the recovery mode menu. Any help appreciated. thanks

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Hi mvikrant97 was there a solution to this problem that emge2116 was experiencing ? I have the same issue, I can successfully get G10 to recovery mode "no command" screen but then no matter what I try I cannot get the phone into the recovery mode menu. Any help appreciated. thanks
Hello even my Nokia G20 is having same issue after the latest update.

Reactions: stevesydney2126

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
Kalyan
techubix.tech
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Nokia G10 and G20 -- How to enter Recovery Mode?

Does anyone know how to enter the recovery mode on these two Nokia's model G10, and G20????
Normally, it should be a combination between Volume+/- and Power Button...
However, none of these work apparently.
It only enters fastboot mode and nothing else.

I had tried using adb command "adb devices", it shown connected.
But when I tried "adb reboot recovery", nothing happened so far.

I also digging down some searches for the whole evening.
There were only fake instructions which did not work at all.

Does anyone have any thought about this?
Hello. Can you check whether you can still access the recovery mode by this method? because now even I'm stuck on No command window after the latest update.

areallydumbperson

hey guys! dont own the phone but a sister does so i was roaming xda for fun and do have an experience with a nokia phone myself heh

see since this phone launched with android 11 so its guaranteed to have userspace fastboot implementation, which is called fastbootd so i do have an idea on forcing ur way into recovery

while ur phone is in the => FASTBOOT MODE...

(not fastbootd)

type this command into ur terminal:

fastboot reboot fastboot

hopefully that command will kick ur phone into fastbootd and then u can just exit out of it and back into recovery

Reactions: texten

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello even my Nokia G20 is having same issue after the latest update.
    hey guys! dont own the phone but a sister does so i was roaming xda for fun and do have an experience with a nokia phone myself heh

see since this phone launched with android 11 so its guaranteed to have userspace fastboot implementation, which is called fastbootd so i do have an idea on forcing ur way into recovery

while ur phone is in the => FASTBOOT MODE...

(not fastbootd)

type this command into ur terminal:

fastboot reboot fastboot

hopefully that command will kick ur phone into fastbootd and then u can just exit out of it and back into recovery
    In the latest updates, Nokia G10 Ta-1334 has disabled the combined key to enter recovery mode from No command screen. only fast boot commands work. That's the problem. The solution is to use Reboot2RecoveryV5 tool to easily enter recovery mode & wipe reset.