Nokia Lumia Update(1600.2487.8107.12070) Officially Available on ZUNE

JusThinK

Oct 5, 2011
Chandannagar
technochat.in
Hi,
Today while I connect my Lumia with my PC, I just got official Update from Nokia.
Here is the screenshot.

I will update the post with change log as soon as my update finished.

After Update:

Reply from Nokia about ICS

Just received another update from Nokia Care
@NokiaHelps: @iAmSaugata Hi it says it will be available in 2012 in future updates. No specific date is given as we don't have this information. ^HM

In reply to you:

@iAmSaugata: @NokiaHelps According to Nokia Italia http://t.co/rNChXEUJ

Last edited:
Reactions: jnr21

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
suomiwp.com
I've got too an update, but not 12070 but some 11500, perhaps it's a localized version since I'm in Colombia, so there might be different updates out there to fix the battery issues depending on the region.
11500 is old, some regions just gets updates later than others.

You can force the update by following this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

And using this cab:

Here is the Nokia Lumia update for Singapore of 1600.2487.8107.12070

http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._33f6e72c7916dcdfca7f8d2c8a89fb00e49b2dbf.cab
Though I suggest to wait for the official update, you phone may become branded as this is a Singapore version.

Last edited:
Reactions: g4ndr1k

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
suomiwp.com
Why do you create new unnecessary thread when there is already thread about this update?
1600.2487.8107.12070 ROM is out

Currently new update is available for India and NZ. We all know it. Nothing new.
This thread is about the update, that thread is about the ROM. 2 completely different things...

You can use the update to update your phone without loosing your personal data too.

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris
This thread is about the update, that thread is about the ROM. 2 completely different things...

You can use the update to update your phone without loosing your personal data too.
1st of all thread title is misleading, coz update is not available for everyone, but only India and NZ (at current state).
2nd should I create new discussion thread when update will be available on France?

Firmware that Nokia is pushing through Zune is EXACTLY the same that is available on suite servers so I don't get why you need new thread for it. Just to say, oh hey it's an update, my data is not wiped! Lets discuss, duh...

jessenic

Sep 9, 2010
suomiwp.com
1st of all thread title is misleading, coz update is not available for everyone, but only India and NZ (at current state).
2nd should I create new discussion thread when update will be available on France?

Firmware that Nokia is pushing through Zune is EXACTLY the same that is available on suite servers so I don't get why you need new thread for it. Just to say, oh hey it's an update, my data is not wiped! Lets discuss, duh...
Title is not misleading, and the update is not yet available for everyone, this thread is for discussing the update itself.

You know, updates are on Microsoft's servers and ROMs are on Nokia's

I do understand that there should not be dozens of threads about the same thing, but ROMs and updates are COMPLETELY different things...

JusThinK

Oct 5, 2011
Chandannagar
technochat.in

I started this topic hoping to help others, as the topic you mentioned, If we go through that instruction, we can't take backup before updating. So, to avoid conflict I mentioned "Officially Available on ZUNE " on title, which means we can keep everything after updating the phone. As you are the Senior Member in this community, So I think I don't have to explain everything in details, but still this might help new users here.

And regarding your second question, I am not quite sure about what kind of answer you will get if you start the topic, but if you can ask Nokia via tweet to fb page, you might get proper answer.

Last edited:

aslan93

Jan 29, 2012
Krasnodar
i posted it in another thread too just a little experiment to see if nokia are cheating:

Guys what we need to do is to have someone who is able to update using official method through zune, like someone from singapore where its available. Someone should install the diagnostics app on the old firmware BEFORE updating and then after update see whether it displays the current discharge as 150mah like before or 80 like i have on mine(new 12070 fw) its important to see whether nokia just tweaked the diag app to show less or whether it actually halved. I cant do that because mine isnt available right now and if you flash it yourself (not through zune) all apps get deleted.. so have to install the new diag app as well. could someone on the old fw in singapore try this please.
Thanks

jmi

Jun 12, 2006
jmi

i posted it in another thread too just a little experiment to see if nokia are cheating:

Guys what we need to do is to have someone who is able to update using official method through zune, like someone from singapore where its available. Someone should install the diagnostics app on the old firmware BEFORE updating and then after update see whether it displays the current discharge as 150mah like before or 80 like i have on mine(new 12070 fw) its important to see whether nokia just tweaked the diag app to show less or whether it actually halved. I cant do that because mine isnt available right now and if you flash it yourself (not through zune) all apps get deleted.. so have to install the new diag app as well. could someone on the old fw in singapore try this please.

I just updated my Norwegian Black Lumia 800 using the WP7 Update CAB Sender method. Went without a hitch, nothing got deleted. All apps and data still present on the device. YMMW.

Didn't note discharge level before update, but currently seems to hover around 70.

jm

g4ndr1k

Nov 17, 2011
Done updating Lumia 800 with the latest firmware from Singapore. It works perfectly. All applications and data are safe :D