Nokia X6, now 6.1 plus with SKUID CN, still on 8.1... shall I try Pie?

Search This thread

mpiulg83

Jan 23, 2019
Hi,

I got a Nokia X6 TA-1099 in September 2018, with Custom Oreo Rom (locked!) and rooted.

I unlocked it, loaded the Global Oreo one for Nokia 6.1 Plus few months ago and prompted to upgrade to Pie 3.45 right after. Once I did it, I noticed screen issues (much large screens, going out of the edges basically). One of the members of this forum told me that this happens when the SKUID is CN instead of WW. I checked and mine was CN. The phone is also recognised as TA-1103 now.

since I need a locked phone for banking, certified etc... I downgraded to Oreo Security Patch August 2018 and locked the phone "forever". I then disabled the automatic updates.

do you know if newer releases of Pie (like V3.54H which I am prompted about) will "fit" my screen properly even though I have SKUID CN? Or shall I just wait for Android Q that perhaps does not have this issue?

I am worried I will need to downgrade and I won't be able to do it anymore.

Thanks!

singhnsk

Nov 11, 2012
www.techmesto.com
The SKUID will always trouble you. Because starting with Pie. parts of the OS rely on the SKU to enable/disable certain services. You're better off with either of the two:
1. Be on CN ROM and keep your CN SKUID.
2. Be on WW ROM but change your SKUID to WW.
3. Stay on Oreo (bonus lol)

The broken Status bar will continue to bug you when on Pie with CN SKUID. Also, some system features will remain missing/broken, including double-tap to wake.

Reactions: mpiulg83

mpiulg83

Jan 23, 2019
Hi

Can I change the SKUID to WW now that I am on Oreo 8.1 August 2018 patch?

I am not finding any info to confirm this, but I appears that Nokia is now allowing unlock.

I would like to:

- change SKUID to WW
- relock
- upgrade to Pie and follow all the future automatic updates

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks for your help as always.

mpiulg83

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks guys

I am on Oreo 8.1 August 2018 patch. I was told unlock the phone is not possible anymore.

However, I just contacted singhnsk privately and Techmesto via email. we'll see what can be done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The SKUID will always trouble you. Because starting with Pie. parts of the OS rely on the SKU to enable/disable certain services. You're better off with either of the two:
    1. Be on CN ROM and keep your CN SKUID.
    2. Be on WW ROM but change your SKUID to WW.
    3. Stay on Oreo (bonus lol)

The broken Status bar will continue to bug you when on Pie with CN SKUID. Also, some system features will remain missing/broken, including double-tap to wake.
    Nokia does not allow unlock. You will need to resort to the paid methods.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1
    hello, can you please suggest me some place to go for this?

Thanks

techmesto.com,
    I did it with my nokia and it was 100% safe.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone