Non-Google ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mem101296

Jun 18, 2012
Hello everyone, to start let me tell you a little about myself. I have been on XDA for over 4 years now, and haven't really posted too much. More or less just sat on the side lines to see what developers could create. Now, I'm not much of a developer myself, (know some code) but I am huge into security.
Recently a lot of companies security tactics are being questioned, and since Google is showing little effort to no effector to protect us from the government listening in on our calls and intercepting texts. I've decided to start building a ROM that is not Google based, and preconfigured to work once flashed. This, won't be the typical flash, it'll be a restore through TWRP.
I can build this ROM using any ROM requested, but for the first upload, I'll be using an Omni ROM with ElementalX kernel based ROM. The ROM also includes MicroG services, which has everything but Snapchat working. Including, but no limited to; Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store, Pokemon Go, all location features, and all Google features. I am also including Xposed Frameworks, with PMP module and Sudo Hide preloaded. Both modules aim to help with privacy.
ll be uploading the link to the build ROM Sunday.
I will not ask for donations, all I ask is for help to build and keep making this better.

Apps Included:
AFwall+
BusyBox
Calculator
Calendar
Camera X
Clock
Documents
Downloads
DSPmamager
DuckDuckGo
Email
FDroid
Gallary
Kernel Auditor
Maps
MicroG
MicroG Framework
Mega
Mozilla Location Backend
NominatimGeocoderBackend
Omni Note
Tor (Browser and Service)
Phone
Play store
PMP (Protect My Privacy)
Protonmail
Signal
TugaBrowser
Xplore
XDA Labs
Xposed Installer
YouTube

About 90% of these apps can be removed upon installation. Each and every app installed can be used to help protect your privacy. Feel free to ask me why I chose certain apps.

**Quick tour:

EDIT:Fix silly grammar and spelling mistakes. Add more details

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160722-142520.png
    Screenshot_20160722-142520.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:

mem101296

Jun 18, 2012
Can I ask why Snapchat isn't working?

I believe its a bug in MicroG, I've done some research and a work around I found was to use titanium backup. Backup the data of the app, and then restore it once installing MicroG. I personally haven't tried it.

davidwilson83

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Them
Apr 20, 2012
Perth
Google Pixel 5
Thread closed.

Placeholder threads are not allowed. When the OP uploads their build and posts the link here, they can PM me after the fact and I will reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, to start let me tell you a little about myself. I have been on XDA for over 4 years now, and haven't really posted too much. More or less just sat on the side lines to see what developers could create. Now, I'm not much of a developer myself, (know some code) but I am huge into security.
    Recently a lot of companies security tactics are being questioned, and since Google is showing little effort to no effector to protect us from the government listening in on our calls and intercepting texts. I've decided to start building a ROM that is not Google based, and preconfigured to work once flashed. This, won't be the typical flash, it'll be a restore through TWRP.
    I can build this ROM using any ROM requested, but for the first upload, I'll be using an Omni ROM with ElementalX kernel based ROM. The ROM also includes MicroG services, which has everything but Snapchat working. Including, but no limited to; Google Maps, Hangouts, Play Store, Pokemon Go, all location features, and all Google features. I am also including Xposed Frameworks, with PMP module and Sudo Hide preloaded. Both modules aim to help with privacy.
    ll be uploading the link to the build ROM Sunday.
    I will not ask for donations, all I ask is for help to build and keep making this better.

Apps Included:
    AFwall+
    BusyBox
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera X
    Clock
    Documents
    Downloads
    DSPmamager
    DuckDuckGo
    Email
    FDroid
    Gallary
    Kernel Auditor
    Maps
    MicroG
    MicroG Framework
    Mega
    Mozilla Location Backend
    NominatimGeocoderBackend
    Omni Note
    Tor (Browser and Service)
    Phone
    Play store
    PMP (Protect My Privacy)
    Protonmail
    Signal
    TugaBrowser
    Xplore
    XDA Labs
    Xposed Installer
    YouTube

About 90% of these apps can be removed upon installation. Each and every app installed can be used to help protect your privacy. Feel free to ask me why I chose certain apps.

**Quick tour:

EDIT:Fix silly grammar and spelling mistakes. Add more details
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone