• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NOOB] Are there any good ROMS for SM-G780G/DS

Search This thread

Richardvi

Nov 16, 2007
Sorry, total noob here when it comes to phones.

I just got a S20 FE (G780G/DS) from work. I'm not into phones. But my old Samsung had something that I found quite annoying: a sh*tload of apps that I did not use and could not remove. I even rooted the old Samsung (I believe it was an A6) phone to get rid of them, but to no avail. Finally I gave up on that phone

Now I would like to make a new start with this S20. I don't want Facebook, Twitter, etc. permanently installed on my phone. So I'm looking for something that gives me more control: a clean phone on which I can install apps from the Google Store, but does not come with sideloaded barf.

I saw no ROMS in the S20 FE section. Can I install ROMS from the S20 section or will it brick the new phone? Which ROM could be recommended (most used and stable)

Thank you guys in advance for helping this old dude.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
your simplest option is with ADB (android debug bridge), with that set up your computer you can deactivate any apps you don't want and few more system apps that are also useless nonsense.

google for platform-tools and instructions on S20/21 debloating, ask here if you want assistance.

Top Liked Posts