[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

fotocum

May 9, 2013
have you tried flashing a different rom?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

yes i try 2 stock roms
then install theese:
* N7105XXDMB6 Deodexed Rom V1.0 (i was tried N7105XXDLL4 - N7105XXDMB1 modems also)
* N7105XXDMB3_N7105OLBDMC1_XSP

Last edited:

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia
Hi guys, my partner purchased the N7105T not what i usually use every day but hey, the girls like em big, LOL. She purchased this unit from eBay, first thing i noticed that under 'settings/system' you see 'developer options' which on the S3 or S4 smartphones you don't, is this standard? another thing i noticed is that this variant has the XSA unbranded stock ROM, i actually thought that the 'T' variant was supposed to be branded??? Lastly i noticed that when she runs a live wallpaper like the standard 'deep sea' or 'bubbles' that there seems to be some sort of rendering issue, it seems that the bubbles on both wallpapers seems to stutter slightly, they don't flow smoothly. Has anyone else experienced this, should i be concerned or is this some known glitch with the current OS on these devices?? One last thing, id like to root the device for her so that she is able to run apps like online nandroid etc, any recommended root methods that have been tested and working, prefer cwm recovery but happy to use TWRP

Thanks in advance guys

Hey guys, this is not a trick question

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
yes i try 2 stock roms
then install theese:
* N7105XXDMB6 Deodexed Rom V1.0 (i was tried N7105XXDLL4 - N7105XXDMB1 modems also)

Thanks I suggest you contact the network provider as they might have locked you into using 2g only. That's my only guess..

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Hi guys, my partner purchased the N7105T not what i usually use every day but hey, the girls like em big, LOL. She purchased this unit from eBay, first thing i noticed that under 'settings/system' you see 'developer options' which on the S3 or S4 smartphones you don't, is this standard? another thing i noticed is that this variant has the XSA unbranded stock ROM, i actually thought that the 'T' variant was supposed to be branded??? Lastly i noticed that when she runs a live wallpaper like the standard 'deep sea' or 'bubbles' that there seems to be some sort of rendering issue, it seems that the bubbles on both wallpapers seems to stutter slightly, they don't flow smoothly. Has anyone else experienced this, should i be concerned or is this some known glitch with the current OS on these devices?? One last thing, id like to root the device for her so that she is able to run apps like online nandroid etc, any recommended root methods that have been tested and working, prefer cwm recovery but happy to use TWRP

Thanks in advance guys

You only asked in the morning lol

As for developer options, s3 and note 2 variants do show them in the settings. It's only s4 that doesn't.
If it had unbranded and you suspect it should be branded, it's been rooted previously by the seller. They probably flashed a random stock firmware and sold it hoping you won't notice.
The N7105 root method should work. There is a Cwm recovery thread in n7105 Dev forum so check that out. Flash it using odin and then flash a superuser zip file in recovery. And you're done.

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia
Thanks I suggest you contact the network provider as they might have locked you into using 2g only. That's my only guess..

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

You only asked in the morning lol

As for developer options, s3 and note 2 variants do show them in the settings. It's only s4 that doesn't.
If it had unbranded and you suspect it should be branded, it's been rooted previously by the seller. They probably flashed a random stock firmware and sold it hoping you won't notice.
The N7105 root method should work. There is a Cwm recovery thread in n7105 Dev forum so check that out. Flash it using odin and then flash a superuser zip file in recovery. And you're done.

anyway of finding out what the original firmware was and if it was branded or not?? I did check and flash counter '0' all offical samsung, the phone is meant to be brand new

GrrrImACloud

Mar 27, 2013
Galaxy Note 2 Stock ROMs

Can I flash a tmobile stock rom on my verizon Galaxy note 2? Currently I am rooted and am using a tmobile sim. I want to try to restore to factory settings and reactivate with tmobile. Is this possible?

fotocum

May 9, 2013

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda

Thanks for your guess but I checked it many times. 3g services activated on provider.

GT-N7105 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
Can I flash a tmobile stock rom on my verizon Galaxy note 2? Currently I am rooted and am using a tmobile sim. I want to try to restore to factory settings and reactivate with tmobile. Is this possible?

I heard of cross-compatibility between the LTE variants but I wouldn't go as far to suggest flashing Tmobile roms on Verizon variant.

Thanks for your guess but I checked it many times. 3g services activated on provider.

Then only thing I can suggest is get it back to factory settings and get a replacement from your network provider or whoever you bought it from.

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011
yes i try 2 stock roms
then install theese:

did you flashed them via recovery made? Try going to downloadmode again.( as you did before)and use Odin to flash a complete stock Rom(The one which came with your phone is better,if you can find it). This should revive your phone, but it reverts everything to initial state.your phone would become un rooted and may bootloader looked(not sure about bootloder)

Search here and sammobile for instruction and download link for Rom Image and Odin

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

fotocum

May 9, 2013
did you flashed them via recovery made? Try going to downloadmode again.( as you did before)and use Odin to flash a complete stock Rom(The one which came with your phone is better,if you can find it). This should revive your phone, but it reverts everything to initial state.your phone would become un rooted and may bootloader looked(not sure about bootloder)

Search here and sammobile for instruction and download link for Rom Image and Odin

I did but I can do again for you.

petercuv

May 23, 2011
Blackburn
Hello, I am using jelly am ROM, great ROM stable. The problem that I have is it turns off my mobile data when the screen switches off. As I am trying to listen to internet radio, this is rather annoying. Can any one help please.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Hello, I am using jelly am ROM, great ROM stable. The problem that I have is it turns off my mobile data when the screen switches off. As I am trying to listen to internet radio, this is rather annoying. Can any one help please.

Are you, by any chance, running on Go Launcher. If that is the case, there is a setting in Go Power Master that shuts of data automatically when the screen shuts off. You can manually change.

You can also try going to Settings > Data usage > Menu soft key > Select Auto sync data > Deselect restrict background data and the rest. Furthermore, check the settings of your Radio app to see if there is any options concerning mobile data usage.

Let me know if you get it to work...!

imhp73

May 16, 2013
choosing note 2 rom

Hi everybody
i am using the touchwiz rom and i'm tired of the look so i'm looking for a rom wich has a new look and different look from now
and also i want the s pen features working and multitasking
i know that is too much but if anyone knows any rom like that i appreciate that .

Last edited:

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
Hi everybody
i am using the touchwiz rom and i'm tired of the look so i'm looking for a rom wich has a new look and different look from now
and also i want the s pen features working and multitasking
i know that is too much but if anyone knows any rom like that i appreciate that .

If you're alright with a half-way solution, get CleanRom and flash the AOSP theme on top. If you want the full AOSP look, don't install Touchwiz when flashing the rom. Instead go for Nova or the other launchers. Mind you though, Page buddy and some functions like widgets won't work unless you use Touchwiz launcher.
Other things like S note and multiwindow features still work.

tsybriki

Nov 12, 2010
Moscow
If you're alright with a half-way solution, get CleanRom and flash the AOSP theme on top. If you want the full AOSP look, don't install Touchwiz when flashing the rom. Instead go for Nova or the other launchers. Mind you though, Page buddy and some functions like widgets won't work unless you use Touchwiz launcher.
Other things like S note and multiwindow features still work.

For me the easiest way to try a new look is to just install Apex launcher on top of a Touchwiz based rom. This didn't require full reflash, but provided custom desktop UI. Still statusbar and lockscreen kept Touchwiz style.

On a separate question - do AOSP/AOKP roms fot Note2 use MTP, or do the allow to mount phone internal storage as USB storage? I'm having issues with finding a reasonably fast and convenient method of tranfering files to my Note2: Direct USB connection is MTP and not as stable as I would want it + I can't write files when I open folder in windows explorer (driver issues?); I was unable to find my way around Kies - fails to read IDv3 data from device, Kies Air via browser - this is the best I could find, ES File Manager over wi-fi - incredibly slow, Kies over WIFi - not stable + I have to use Kies. How do other people solve this?

xcly

Oct 22, 2011
London
For me the easiest way to try a new look is to just install Apex launcher on top of a Touchwiz based rom. This didn't require full reflash, but provided custom desktop UI. Still statusbar and lockscreen kept Touchwiz style.

On a separate question - do AOSP/AOKP roms fot Note2 use MTP, or do the allow to mount phone internal storage as USB storage? I'm having issues with finding a reasonably fast and convenient method of tranfering files to my Note2: Direct USB connection is MTP and not as stable as I would want it + I can't write files when I open folder in windows explorer (driver issues?); I was unable to find my way around Kies - fails to read IDv3 data from device, Kies Air via browser - this is the best I could find, ES File Manager over wi-fi - incredibly slow, Kies over WIFi - not stable + I have to use Kies. How do other people solve this?

Yeah that would be the half of my half-way solution :) CleanRom AOSP theme changes all the settings and notification panel (clear button now placed at top right) and messaging, dialer etc. I haven't stuck around with an AOSP rom because I want to keep the S pen functionalities working so won't be able to answer that question but I seem to have stable enough connection using MTP tbh. I don't really move files around that much so it's not an issue for me to start with but still manageable.
I haven't installed any drivers on my notebook (Win8 x64). Just installed Kies to get the drivers for odin. It recognised the device without the driver anyway.

sam5154

Feb 16, 2011

AOSP rams usually support both.(in my experience MTP is more stable there too)

MTP connection is only able to do one task at a time. Thus you can't browse while a copy command is in process, etc.

for transferring over WiFi Solid Explorer is faster than ES. 2mb/s against 1mb/s.

I usually use MTP. absolutely stable for me. On a rooted, stock Rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone