[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question!

Search This thread

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Hello, and many thanks to the person who can help me in my predicament ... I have tried to flash "refined nougat" on my samsung galaxy note 4 N910C ... I do all the required steps both in the wipes (cache, data system etc ) as well as in the steps of the "aroma" installation interface; but at the time of starting. the device stays in the logo "samsung galaxy note 4" and throws a message on the top left that says "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" ... does anyone know what this error was about?:confuso:
(I'm sorry my English is very bad) :(

spanish

Hola, y muchas gracias a la persona que me pueda ayudar en mi predicamento... he intentado flashear "refined nougat" en mi samsung galaxy note 4 N910C... hago todos los pasos requeridos tanto en los wipes(cache,data system etc) como tambien en los pasos de la interfaz de instalacion "aroma"; pero al momento de hacer el arranque. el dispositivo se queda en el logo"samsung galaxy note 4" y arroja un mensaje arriba a la izquierda que dice "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" ... alguien sabe a que sedeba este error ?
(lo siento mi ingles es muy malo)

Don't worry, it has no problem with rom functionality.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Hi all,

Been around the XDA forum but mostly lurking and have previously flashed Cyanogenmod on a Lenovo tablet as it was filled with bloatware and other garbage/viruses a while ago.

My N910C tends to heat up and give me sluggish performance, and I've been looking at ROMs such as 'Resurrection Remix 7.0.2' and all those cool stuff, unfortunately those are for Snapdragon versions of the Note 4 and I was really itching for something to give me the Pie/Oreo kind of an interface whilst being completely minimal of all Samsung bloatware and crap. It seems the Exynos phones are much more limited due to their closed/secret codes kept by Samsung so I was wondering what's the way to move forward with my Note 4..?

I think it's about time I root it and let it free but at the same time, the Snapdragon phones seem to be having a lot more of the cooler features (with the acceptable limitations of features here and there) but simply put, I've got a Note 4, N910C and I'm completely lost as to what to do with it now. I've read through recommended ROMs and such but everyone has their own opinion and I'm just looking for an Android Pie sort of an interface that can change the color as well as 'Resurrect' the phone and breathe some fresh life into it.

As much as this seems to be a 'halp plz' post, I'm honestly just looking for a suggestion/suggestions to what to flash to give me what I am more or less looking for by people who know what's going on and been happening, what to avoid and choose and etc as the amount of things here for the Note 4 is crazy on both sides. I'm also looking into having/making a custom boot logo if that helps add to it for the push of personalization as I've done such things to my iPhones back in the days as well as my PCs. It comes from my bad habit of putting personal touches to my restored cars. (:)

Cheers,
Ghost

There's not much you can do for the 910C. Limitations of Exynos, you are correct. Many are like you, only one development of AnanJasser1211 on the Exynos models.
The nougat version if daily usable but some features don't work as expected (bugged or don't work at all). It's take it or leave it.
Don't expected much on this area because the note 4 is a 32 bit os on a locked 64 bit processor, blame Samsung for their greed for $$.
I'm slowly saving money for a newer phone. My suggestion is to do the same, if possibe. One day we've got to let it go.
I guess you can't race with a BelAir on a F1 race, amirite :silly:
Life goes on alongside with tech progress.

Andycgo

Apr 19, 2014
Don't worry, it has no problem with rom functionality.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

There's not much you can do for the 910C. Limitations of Exynos, you are correct. Many are like you, only one development of AnanJasser1211 on the Exynos models.
The nougat version if daily usable but some features don't work as expected (bugged or don't work at all). It's take it or leave it.
Don't expected much on this area because the note 4 is a 32 bit os on a locked 64 bit processor, blame Samsung for their greed for $$.
I'm slowly saving money for a newer phone. My suggestion is to do the same, if possibe. One day we've got to let it go.
I guess you can't race with a BelAir on a F1 race, amirite :silly:
Life goes on alongside with tech progress.

thanks
in my case it does not work at all that rom... :c

backbacon

May 25, 2019
USA Networks Canadian Phone

Super Noob .

But I have a question and hope the answer is here.

I have a note 4 (sm-n910w8) Telus unlocked phone. What needs to be done to have it work with US carriers ?

Thanks in advance.

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
i'm fully stocked, how do i prevent my phone from auto updating? today my phone auto updated to 6.0.1, and i was preventing that for the past 2 years. How do i stop it from downloading in the first place?

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
i'm fully stocked, how do i prevent my phone from auto updating? today my phone auto updated to 6.0.1, and i was preventing that for the past 2 years. How do i stop it from downloading in the first place?
Note 4 doesn't update more than this, so no worries.

imeem

Sep 27, 2011
Note 4 doesn't update more than this, so no worries.

my note 4 was still updating, and the notifications in 6.0.1 was worse than 5.1.1. I must had been on a older 6.0.1. But anyways, i was able to downgrade back to 5.1.1.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

also, any1 know where i can downlaod 4.4.4 stock rom for SM-n910c? sammobile is locked to premium members only.

ZIGGY_FOOLZ

Jun 10, 2019
Boot Loop due to Software or Hardware Failure?

Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I came here hoping someone could give some closure on what is wrong with my phone as I feel I've done as much as I can in fixing it, anyway.

Model Data
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (White) 32GB
Model: SM-N910G
SSN-N910GGSMH
Running Android 6.0.1

What happened: What started the first crash and the sequence boot loop is confusing for me but it's what happened. I was about to download data for an app whilst it was open but I didn't want to use my mobile data so I switched to Wi-Fi at the last second before the download started and then the phone crashed. From here it goes into a Boot Loop.

My solution: After searching the internet I used ODIN to perform a Flash since I have NO recovery mode access. Using the N910GDTU1DQL2_N910GXSA1DQL2_XSA.md5 file from the SAM Mobile site. The furthest I got using this method was making it to my home to turn off my Wi-Fi and Mobile Data before the phone crashed again, restarting the boot loop. I tried this method many times. As I have no real other idea what to use I also tried using a .PIT file for N910F 32GB since there was some forums saying there was no difference in how it's applied on either N910F or N910G phone. No success to that either, ODIN didn't even let me flash the phone that way, failed every time. I have no developer or de-bugging tools installed on my phone only Play Store Apps. Outcome from my trying is looking pretty bad.

Outcome/Ideas: I'm still stuck on a boot loop with the rare opportunity for my phone to make it past the 'Installing Upgrade' stage. But If I make it back to my home screen again I would try uninstall the app of which I was on when it crashed the first time. If not can somebody please tell me, exactly how do make my phone to a perform a factory reset state without access to recovery mode or phone apps/settings. Or using only ODIN.

I'm completely stumped on what to do next. I don't know if this is a software problem or a hardware problem at this stage. But I'm open to any ideas and help if provided. Thank You.

Galaxy Note 4 - Endless boot loop

I've experienced this 2 years ago and you've probably googled around, others have too. 2 years ago when this happened to me, and I first tried replacing the battery, with no luck, I sent to Samsung to diagnose. Their claim was that it had a failing motherboard. but the price quoted to replace was outrageous, iirc, over $300. I passed. And then bought a "new" used Note 4 from Swappa. The first had the same problem and I got it refunded. The second was scratched up on lens etc and I sent that back. Upon recommendation of a high-volume phone reseller on Swappa (I'd spoken to the owner, who was not a bullshit artist, but actually knew this phone very well, and conversation demonstrated to me that he knew the whole cycle of Android phones, with the Note 4 reknown for its usability and features. His own advice was that it really would be a matter of time before any used replacement for the Note 4 would run into this bootload loop problem, and he strongly recommended that I spend the same amount of money or less (Swappa/used) and get a newer-aged phone. He rec'd the original year Pixel XL, and I was not fond of the whole idea of closed off back, no microSD, and untold problems I'd had over the years in getting big video files off my Note 4— and how I'd relied upon the USB cable. Though I spent a week googling the pros and cons, ultimately against my intuition and experience with many android phones over the years, I decided that maybe the guy was right, and the Pixel was said to have a better camera and video recording than the Note. So I purchased a used Pixel XL and it was virtually pristine and running Pie. I gripingly adapted to all the problems, but the phoine was for sure more reliable than my aging Note 4s.

But after 6 months I couldnt take it anymore, with Google's f'd up denying ability to record phone calls and just other nuisances, with a far inferior Notification Shade system than my Note 4's with running Good Lock. So I once again went to swappa and took the plunge again on a Note 4.

Have been using for about 6 months and I am only now running into battery degradation— but NOT the bootload loop problem. And I just spent 2+ frustrating hours on Amazon comparing Note 4 replacement batteries, annoyed that all the most highly rated Note 4 batteries (Powerbear, RavPower, etc) did not have NFC compatability, therefore no Google Pay. I came here to XDA to see which battery people rec'd and when I then went back to Amazon, the reviews were FILLED with "worked great for a month" or 4 months, then died. But meanwhile, in reading toins of reviews, I came across people describing how their Note 4's had been starting to die -- but they got xx-brand-name battery and voila, it worked great again. Followed by people saying, "don't buy, it's trash".

Moral of the story is I do believe there is life-use wear and tear on the old 2014 Note 4's, and in your case it may indeed be a motherboard failure. When I first began researching these problems 2 years ago, I found that the MOST USEFUL AND KNOWLEDGABLE INFORMATION anywhere on the web was at the site TheAndroidGuy.com — If you go there and search, you will find a comprehensive IF THIS, then TRY THIS article, which has multiple permutations. The article may give you hope, but more likely it will conclude that it's a hardware problem afterall.

This Note 4 I currently have is so much better than the Pixel XL in usability and features, so I am looking to milk all I can from this model, and am hoping that in my case a new battery might indeed help. But I also am sanguine enough to recognize it may not last. Hope this was helpful in some way by some realistic data.

Hey everyone, I'm having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I came here hoping someone could give some closure on what is wrong with my phone as I feel I've done as much as I can in fixing it, anyway.

Model Data
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (White) 32GB
Model: SM-N910G
SSN-N910GGSMH
Running Android 6.0.1

What happened: What started the first crash and the sequence boot loop is confusing for me but it's what happened. I was about to download data for an app whilst it was open but I didn't want to use my mobile data so I switched to Wi-Fi at the last second before the download started and then the phone crashed. From here it goes into a Boot Loop.

My solution: After searching the internet I used ODIN to perform a Flash since I have NO recovery mode access. Using the N910GDTU1DQL2_N910GXSA1DQL2_XSA.md5 file from the SAM Mobile site. The furthest I got using this method was making it to my home to turn off my Wi-Fi and Mobile Data before the phone crashed again, restarting the boot loop. I tried this method many times. As I have no real other idea what to use I also tried using a .PIT file for N910F 32GB since there was some forums saying there was no difference in how it's applied on either N910F or N910G phone. No success to that either, ODIN didn't even let me flash the phone that way, failed every time. I have no developer or de-bugging tools installed on my phone only Play Store Apps. Outcome from my trying is looking pretty bad.

Outcome/Ideas: I'm still stuck on a boot loop with the rare opportunity for my phone to make it past the 'Installing Upgrade' stage. But If I make it back to my home screen again I would try uninstall the app of which I was on when it crashed the first time. If not can somebody please tell me, exactly how do make my phone to a perform a factory reset state without access to recovery mode or phone apps/settings. Or using only ODIN.

I'm completely stumped on what to do next. I don't know if this is a software problem or a hardware problem at this stage. But I'm open to any ideas and help if provided. Thank You.

NShort

Sep 26, 2019
Hello
I have a friend whose son died in a bad accident, 27 yrs old. She wants to unlock his phone to recover any memories of him. The model is a Samsung Galaxy 4 Note with Sprint carrier, US.

The phone is locked of course and is stock, un-rooted. I need to flash TWRP so I can use the recovery menu to load a script to disable the lockscreen. However, I am having trouble figuring out which version of TWRP to flash via Odin. Since I cannot get to the actual model number my best guess is either dl.twrp.me/treltexx or
twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxynote4qualcomm.html

Any help with this would be fantastic. Thank you.

Mirsaneli

Dec 19, 2014
I need help please. I have N910F model. I have flashed Norma Rom N7 port v26 by Petbede. It's a great ROM, but I replaced the Gallery with the one I found from another ROM because the one in Norma ROM doesn't support Samsung Cloud Sync, and I have around 3000 photos synced there, so I wanted to have that and replaced the SecGallery2015. But now when I enter into Trash folder, I get a FC Unfortunately Gallery has stopped. It must be missing some other apk file that I haven't placed in system, or some lib file. Anyone have a clue?

techcrazy101

Apr 11, 2013
Note 4 won't boot.

Hi everyone my note 4 fell but there were no physical damages or cracks to screen or the phone. The phone worked good for about 2 days after the fall but while I was using it the screen just kinda blurred like the attached pic and the phone never came back on it would just show the first boot screen when i try to turn it on, I have already tried to flash stock rom from Odin but still nothing cant boot to recovery only download mode . Could it be that I just need to change the screen or could it be some other hardware failure? Attached is a pic of the android man loading after flashing stock firmware.

Attachments

• 20191116_171349.jpg
    20191116_171349.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 41

astralflying

Oct 24, 2018
New to all of this

I just inherited (Literally) a Note 4 from my father in law after he passed. I believe it is a Sprint variant of phone. I have looked around and seen there are Snapdragon ROMS and another type calle EXYNOS. How do I know which I have? Also, after clicking on each individual ROM post, there does not seem to be an in depth guide on how to actually do it to your phone. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that information? Thank you for all these resources.

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
I just inherited (Literally) a Note 4 from my father in law after he passed. I believe it is a Sprint variant of phone. I have looked around and seen there are Snapdragon ROMS and another type calle EXYNOS. How do I know which I have? Also, after clicking on each individual ROM post, there does not seem to be an in depth guide on how to actually do it to your phone. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that information? Thank you for all these resources.
Install the app called CPU Z or Phone Info for Samsung.
There you will see what type of processor it has.
Usually Sprint and the American market has Snapdragon type.
If in doubt, post a screenshot here.

thadeustr

Mar 30, 2012
Antalya
hi,
i currently have J7 Prime (2,5 years old).
is it worth it to change to note 4 from J7 Prime.
note 4 prices are reasonable here
2nd hand j7 is 100$, 2nd hand note 4 is around 170$

is it worth it?

Hello everyone.
:)

I have asked on the corresponding thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83170981&postcount=873), but concededly, many if not all, no longer use Alliance ROM v2.2 (Android Lollipop 5.0.1 custom TouchWiz).

I would like to know if anyone has experience using Magisk on the said ROM? I am aware Xposed is not supported.
:eek:

I await your valuable replies.
:fingers-crossed:

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Hi all, I have not used my Note for years, today I charged it and went to recovery mode to wipe cache and reset it. Then when in set up screen... it's saying it has been reset abnormally! It's now asking for my samsung account, I tried it so many times but it says Sign-in failed.. please help .. thanks

callumbr1

Jan 5, 2016
Leeds
Hi all, I have not used my Note for years, today I charged it and went to recovery mode to wipe cache and reset it. Then when in set up screen... it's saying it has been reset abnormally! It's now asking for my samsung account, I tried it so many times but it says Sign-in failed.. please help .. thanks
Reset samsung account details

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.
    Anyone know the product name of the note 4?

Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C(Exynos) and Galaxy Note 4 SM-910S(Snap Dragon)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Hi all, quick question for you that I can't seem to find an answer for, despite searching.

I wanted to know whether there is a way to automate the Note 4's battery saving mode? For example could it be set to come on when my battery reaches 20% remaining?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

You'd have to use third party apps for this unfortunately. There's no times option or setting to move into power saving. Check out some battery monitor apps for the kind of setting you're looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi Friends,

I am completely newbie at loading stock/customs roms.
    was trying to load use twrp 2.8.1.1 on my note 4, have loaded it but i deleted everything on the phone using factory reset, wipe dalvik cache etc and made a biggest mistake without taking a backup for the same. Now it shows when i am trying to reboot it says no OS installed. I am not aware how deep **** i am in. Have tried various types of roms to be installed some says unsupported dev_type, some says dm verity verification failed. i am just not understanding what needs to be done to get the phone running again. Some guidance and help will be really appreciated.

Mandar

You'll need to download the stock rom/firmware for your phone and then flash it. You should find the latest version of your firmware on sammobile and then you'll need to turn off your phone (probably a battery pull) and then press volume down+home+power to get into download mode. Flash the stock firmware using Odin and then let it boot up. It should sort the problem out.

Flashing custom recovery is easy as long as you've got root access. You need to root your phone first before you can flash a custom recovery. Once you've rooted your phone, try using the app flashify. It's a great app and really easy to install custom recovery and roms.

What are the different s pen tips for? I really haven't found any videos or docs on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    They are spares. The difference between the gray and the white ones is the friction coefficient. Try them and use whichever suits you better.
    [

If so, could some one kindly point me in the direction of a list of models and their respective chip sets please,

Would greatly be appreciated.
    I'm in the UK and really want to make sure i get a snapdragon one, esp as ill have it for the next 2 years.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Galaxy Note4 All Models

SM-N9100(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9100ZCU1ANIF】

SM-N9106W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Unicom]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9106WZNU1ANIF】

SM-N9108V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108VZMU1ANIE】

SM-N9108W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108WZMU0ANGH】

SM-N9109W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Telecom]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+CDMA;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N9109WKEU1ANIE】

SM-N910A(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA AT&T]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910C(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia,Europe,South America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910CXXU1ANIF】

SCL24(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan AU]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SCL24KDU1ANIK】

SC-01G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan Docomo]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SC01GOMU1ANIK】

SM-N910F(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Europe]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910FXXU1ANIE】

SM-N910FD(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[United Arab Emirates]------{SIM1:FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM}

SM-N910FQ(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Turkey]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Singapore,Sri Lanka,India]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910GDTU1ANIE】

SM-N910H(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia-Pacific]------{WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910HXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910K(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea KT+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910KKTU1ANIF】

SM-N910L(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea LG+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910LKLU1ANIF】

SM-N910P(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Sprint]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910PVPU1ANIE】

SM-N910R4(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA US.Cellular]------{FDD-LTE+CDMA} 【Firmware:N910R4TYU1ANIG】

SM-N910S(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea SKT]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910SKSE1ANIF】

SM-N910T(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910TUVU1ANIG】

SM-N910T1(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910U(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[HongKong,Taiwan,Australia,New Zealand,Chile]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910UXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Verizon]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM}

SM-N910W8(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[North America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910W8VLU1ANIG】

SM-N910X(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Demo Test]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910XZCU1ANI6_LLK】