• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question!

Search This thread

arkanser

Jul 13, 2020
Good day everyone... I am new to flashing and rooting, I hope you can help me step by step...

Below are specifications of my GN4:

Model #: SM-N910C Exynos
Android: 6.0.1
Kernel: 3.10.9-12947489
KNOX 2.6

I downloaded Havoc v2 for custom ROM and TWRP...
I started by hard reset of my phone. Then I download TWRP but I cannot flash this on my phone...
I am currently stuck, forgive me for the inconvenience.

How do I start again? Do I update kernel as well? I am sorry for the many question... I will try my best to learn...

Thank you for replies...

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
i'm on....anyway i can easily root without reverting to 5? I don't wantto lose my settings and back up is lousy without bein rooted...help appreciated.

samsung note 4 verizon sm-910v running 6.0.1​

I've been out of the loop for a few years, but I'm trying to get back into AOSP development using my old Note 4 (mostly, because it's one of the few devices I have that's both AOSP-capable and I don't actually have to depend upon for anything). It's been in a drawer for most of the past few years, so I'm trying to quickly get back up to speed with it. I know a lot has changed since the last time I really played with it.

It's a T-mobile SM-N910T that was officially unlocked by them a few years ago.

The baseband version is N910TUVU1COG2

The big things I need to know to get started again:

1. What's the device tree name I need to look for when building/flashing AOSP/Lineage/TWRP/etc? trlte? tblte? Something else? Was development for all the Snapdragon variants eventually consolidated, or are the unified ROMs still less stable and shakier than the Tmo-specific ones?

2. If I have an unlocked Tmo version, but I'd REALLY be using it with an AT&T SIM on AT&T, do I still want to go with the device tree name from #1 (assuming it's Tmo-specific, and not unified)? Or can/should I pretend it's the AT&T version going forward?

3. What do I need to do to get the best-possible radio modem firmware installed for using it on AT&T? I'm a little fuzzy about how this is supposed to work now. I know that in the past, a T-mobile phone (even unlocked) was a T-mobile phone "forever" insofar as the radio modem went... but I also know that sometime around 2015, Google changed the way Android phones are supposed to deal with this, so an unlocked phone with available radio modem firmware for multiple networks is NOW supposed to pick the best-available firmware when it wakes up connected to a new network. What I'm not sure is whether this semi-retroactively applies to phones like the Note 4, or whether that policy applied only to Nexi/Pixels, or whether the Note 4 is too old for it to apply.

4. Are there any baseband updates I should bend over backwards to avoid, because flashing them will slam the door on being able to do other desirable things like unlock the bootloader, disable Knox, etc?

Well, I eventually figured out that:
  • trlte is apparently the general tree for Snapdragon-based carrier-branded SM-N910 phones (including the SM-N910T)
  • trltetml is specific to the T-Mobile SM-N910T... but as far as I can tell, is now mostly moot for AOSP, because everything AOSP-based targets trlte
  • trltexx is the SM-N910F... nominally, the same hardware as the carrier-branded Snapdragon-based models, but sold by Samsung as unlocked and non-carrier-branded.
I'm still trying to find an AOSP-based ROM to try building. I've done it in the past... but really, not since ~2013 (Galaxy SIII). Ideally, I'm looking for...
  • Official support by the ROM's devs for the n910 (ie, not one that's alleged to work as an experimental build in a 490-page thread that can ultimately be summarized as, "oops, I guess it didn't really work all that well on a n910 after all...")
  • Build files that the creator actually tested at some point with a fresh Ubuntu install. Google and Lineage tend to be pretty good about doing this... most of the others I've encountered over the years... not so much. It makes me weep for the "Golden Era" S3 days when devs would release VMs of their entire build environment (dependencies and all) alongside it for others to use directly, instead of having to spend days wading through dependency hell.
I wouldn't actually try to flash that scratch-built ROM first (I'm not that crazy), but given that re-learning how to do it is my main goal, I want to make sure I can at least get the ROM's build process to successfully run to completion before I invest hours installing and configuring it. I've encountered way too many AOSP projects that are just flat-out broken (mostly, due to all the radical changes Google made circa 2016 that catastrophically broke just about everything written before them, and killed just about any Android-related project that wasn't being actively maintained & reworked every 6 months to survive Google's next round of radical changes).

camp0s

Jun 13, 2011
I just received a Note 4 after my beloved Galaxy s2 died suddenly.. I installed TWRP, LineageOs 18 and Magisk.

I'm slowly configuring it, but how do I get the Heart Sensor to work? The barometric sensor gives readings, the GPS is kinda weak but acceptable if outside.

Tnx!

I just received a Note 4 after my beloved Galaxy s2 died suddenly.. I installed TWRP, LineageOs 18 and Magisk.
I'm slowly configuring it, but how do I get the Heart Sensor to work? The barometric sensor gives readings, the GPS is kinda weak but acceptable if outside.Tnx!
Didn't even know it had a bio sensor but doesn't that need a Smartwatch?

CK_75

Sep 23, 2021
Hello everyone!
I need help with my Note 4 SM-N910C (Android 4.4.4). I just can't get into download mode. The default key combination does not work unfortunately. Maybe someone has an idea how I get in there?

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Hello everyone!
I need help with my Note 4 SM-N910C (Android 4.4.4). I just can't get into download mode. The default key combination does not work unfortunately. Maybe someone has an idea how I get in there?
enable developer options and USB debugging, then connect to PC and use and command

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...+ I DO use and need the pen and all features around it
    Afaik there is NO custom ROM which will support s-pen fully.
    Only marking, drawing and pointing possible.
    The rest is blocked by Samsung to be implemented in not Samsung ROMs.
    I have three (sorry 4) different Samsung devices with custom ROMs and S-pens but none has full features.
    Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.
    Anyone know the product name of the note 4?

Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C(Exynos) and Galaxy Note 4 SM-910S(Snap Dragon)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Hi all, quick question for you that I can't seem to find an answer for, despite searching.

I wanted to know whether there is a way to automate the Note 4's battery saving mode? For example could it be set to come on when my battery reaches 20% remaining?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

You'd have to use third party apps for this unfortunately. There's no times option or setting to move into power saving. Check out some battery monitor apps for the kind of setting you're looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi Friends,

I am completely newbie at loading stock/customs roms.
    was trying to load use twrp 2.8.1.1 on my note 4, have loaded it but i deleted everything on the phone using factory reset, wipe dalvik cache etc and made a biggest mistake without taking a backup for the same. Now it shows when i am trying to reboot it says no OS installed. I am not aware how deep **** i am in. Have tried various types of roms to be installed some says unsupported dev_type, some says dm verity verification failed. i am just not understanding what needs to be done to get the phone running again. Some guidance and help will be really appreciated.

Mandar

You'll need to download the stock rom/firmware for your phone and then flash it. You should find the latest version of your firmware on sammobile and then you'll need to turn off your phone (probably a battery pull) and then press volume down+home+power to get into download mode. Flash the stock firmware using Odin and then let it boot up. It should sort the problem out.

Flashing custom recovery is easy as long as you've got root access. You need to root your phone first before you can flash a custom recovery. Once you've rooted your phone, try using the app flashify. It's a great app and really easy to install custom recovery and roms.

What are the different s pen tips for? I really haven't found any videos or docs on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    They are spares. The difference between the gray and the white ones is the friction coefficient. Try them and use whichever suits you better.
    [

If so, could some one kindly point me in the direction of a list of models and their respective chip sets please,

Would greatly be appreciated.
    I'm in the UK and really want to make sure i get a snapdragon one, esp as ill have it for the next 2 years.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Galaxy Note4 All Models

SM-N9100(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9100ZCU1ANIF】

SM-N9106W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Unicom]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9106WZNU1ANIF】

SM-N9108V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108VZMU1ANIE】

SM-N9108W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108WZMU0ANGH】

SM-N9109W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Telecom]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+CDMA;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N9109WKEU1ANIE】

SM-N910A(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA AT&T]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910C(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia,Europe,South America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910CXXU1ANIF】

SCL24(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan AU]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SCL24KDU1ANIK】

SC-01G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan Docomo]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SC01GOMU1ANIK】

SM-N910F(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Europe]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910FXXU1ANIE】

SM-N910FD(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[United Arab Emirates]------{SIM1:FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM}

SM-N910FQ(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Turkey]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Singapore,Sri Lanka,India]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910GDTU1ANIE】

SM-N910H(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia-Pacific]------{WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910HXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910K(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea KT+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910KKTU1ANIF】

SM-N910L(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea LG+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910LKLU1ANIF】

SM-N910P(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Sprint]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910PVPU1ANIE】

SM-N910R4(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA US.Cellular]------{FDD-LTE+CDMA} 【Firmware:N910R4TYU1ANIG】

SM-N910S(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea SKT]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910SKSE1ANIF】

SM-N910T(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910TUVU1ANIG】

SM-N910T1(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910U(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[HongKong,Taiwan,Australia,New Zealand,Chile]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910UXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Verizon]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM}

SM-N910W8(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[North America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910W8VLU1ANIG】

SM-N910X(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Demo Test]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910XZCU1ANI6_LLK】