• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question!

Search This thread

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.
    Anyone know the product name of the note 4?

Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C(Exynos) and Galaxy Note 4 SM-910S(Snap Dragon)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Hi all, quick question for you that I can't seem to find an answer for, despite searching.

I wanted to know whether there is a way to automate the Note 4's battery saving mode? For example could it be set to come on when my battery reaches 20% remaining?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

You'd have to use third party apps for this unfortunately. There's no times option or setting to move into power saving. Check out some battery monitor apps for the kind of setting you're looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi Friends,

I am completely newbie at loading stock/customs roms.
    was trying to load use twrp 2.8.1.1 on my note 4, have loaded it but i deleted everything on the phone using factory reset, wipe dalvik cache etc and made a biggest mistake without taking a backup for the same. Now it shows when i am trying to reboot it says no OS installed. I am not aware how deep **** i am in. Have tried various types of roms to be installed some says unsupported dev_type, some says dm verity verification failed. i am just not understanding what needs to be done to get the phone running again. Some guidance and help will be really appreciated.

Mandar

You'll need to download the stock rom/firmware for your phone and then flash it. You should find the latest version of your firmware on sammobile and then you'll need to turn off your phone (probably a battery pull) and then press volume down+home+power to get into download mode. Flash the stock firmware using Odin and then let it boot up. It should sort the problem out.

Flashing custom recovery is easy as long as you've got root access. You need to root your phone first before you can flash a custom recovery. Once you've rooted your phone, try using the app flashify. It's a great app and really easy to install custom recovery and roms.

What are the different s pen tips for? I really haven't found any videos or docs on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    They are spares. The difference between the gray and the white ones is the friction coefficient. Try them and use whichever suits you better.
    Hello, and many thanks to the person who can help me in my predicament ... I have tried to flash "refined nougat" on my samsung galaxy note 4 N910C ... I do all the required steps both in the wipes (cache, data system etc ) as well as in the steps of the "aroma" installation interface; but at the time of starting. the device stays in the logo "samsung galaxy note 4" and throws a message on the top left that says "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" ... does anyone know what this error was about?:confuso:
    (I'm sorry my English is very bad) :(

spanish

Hola, y muchas gracias a la persona que me pueda ayudar en mi predicamento... he intentado flashear "refined nougat" en mi samsung galaxy note 4 N910C... hago todos los pasos requeridos tanto en los wipes(cache,data system etc) como tambien en los pasos de la interfaz de instalacion "aroma"; pero al momento de hacer el arranque. el dispositivo se queda en el logo"samsung galaxy note 4" y arroja un mensaje arriba a la izquierda que dice "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" ... alguien sabe a que sedeba este error ?
    (lo siento mi ingles es muy malo)

Don't worry, it has no problem with rom functionality.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Hi all,

Been around the XDA forum but mostly lurking and have previously flashed Cyanogenmod on a Lenovo tablet as it was filled with bloatware and other garbage/viruses a while ago.

My N910C tends to heat up and give me sluggish performance, and I've been looking at ROMs such as 'Resurrection Remix 7.0.2' and all those cool stuff, unfortunately those are for Snapdragon versions of the Note 4 and I was really itching for something to give me the Pie/Oreo kind of an interface whilst being completely minimal of all Samsung bloatware and crap. It seems the Exynos phones are much more limited due to their closed/secret codes kept by Samsung so I was wondering what's the way to move forward with my Note 4..?

I think it's about time I root it and let it free but at the same time, the Snapdragon phones seem to be having a lot more of the cooler features (with the acceptable limitations of features here and there) but simply put, I've got a Note 4, N910C and I'm completely lost as to what to do with it now. I've read through recommended ROMs and such but everyone has their own opinion and I'm just looking for an Android Pie sort of an interface that can change the color as well as 'Resurrect' the phone and breathe some fresh life into it.

As much as this seems to be a 'halp plz' post, I'm honestly just looking for a suggestion/suggestions to what to flash to give me what I am more or less looking for by people who know what's going on and been happening, what to avoid and choose and etc as the amount of things here for the Note 4 is crazy on both sides. I'm also looking into having/making a custom boot logo if that helps add to it for the push of personalization as I've done such things to my iPhones back in the days as well as my PCs. It comes from my bad habit of putting personal touches to my restored cars. (:)

Cheers,
    Ghost

There's not much you can do for the 910C. Limitations of Exynos, you are correct. Many are like you, only one development of AnanJasser1211 on the Exynos models.
    The nougat version if daily usable but some features don't work as expected (bugged or don't work at all). It's take it or leave it.
    Don't expected much on this area because the note 4 is a 32 bit os on a locked 64 bit processor, blame Samsung for their greed for $$.
    I'm slowly saving money for a newer phone. My suggestion is to do the same, if possibe. One day we've got to let it go.
    I guess you can't race with a BelAir on a F1 race, amirite :silly:
    Life goes on alongside with tech progress.