• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question!

Search This thread

w41ru5

Jul 17, 2017
Last edited:

SamaelThuum

Sep 6, 2016
Hi, a have a ton of questions but I think they're all noob so maybe someone can help me with all of them please? I used the search this forum but didn't find my answers

Please consider this for my questions:
+ N910C with Exynos
+ I live in Colombia
+ I use banking apps that can detect root and would not open at all, (I bought an S10e but it was rooted with magisk and apps detected root, even after enabling "hidemagisk" options, I'm selling it right away bc i need these money apps working, and overall don't want any app to not run because of ROOT. The only reason I'd be interested in root would be to debloat and MAYBE some customization to stock TouchWiz/stock rom that'd require root
+ I DO use and need the pen and all features around it

Questions :
1. Is there any ROM with android 8 or newer I could have without Root? Or at least that my banking apps would act normally and wouldn't detect? Is there with Android 10?
EDIT: Answered by @bmwdroid (ty!)
2. Can I stay on stock 6.0.1, root to remove some bloat, UNROOT and would my banking apps work again?
3. In case it was viable for me to root stock 601, what are some "modern" tweaks I could do, without and with Root. I'd be interested in dark modes in as many places possible, like settings, also, i like stock launcher touchWiz but would like items size smaller to fit more things/icons/grids in screen, like in modern S8 or newer, where there is even a slider in settings for that
4. The battery on the unit I bought totally sucks, won't pass 87% and dies around 50%, what batt would u recommend me look for? I know that 99.9 of "genuine" batts out there are just useless counterfeits like the one I have right now (doesn't even have NFC antenna) and that all those in ebay/aliexpress claiming capacities of 4000-6000mAh are complete BS.
The only batt I've ever seen for this phone (haven't tried it) with proof of good quality (people uploading pics and testimonies of using mAh counter devices) is of a brand NOHON (Chinese I think) but everywhere I find it it's only 10-20usd but shipping is like 30+usd, which is in total what I paid for entire phone $45usd

EDIT: QUESTION 4 answered by myself,
Ok, I figured since batt is available at AliExpress but very expensive shipping to Colombia but free shipping to USA, I guess I'll just ask a friend who's coming on January from USA to bring me a couple of those NOHON batteries

Ty for answers. I know many ppl trying to use this phone nowadays would find all this very useful

Last edited:
...+ I DO use and need the pen and all features around it
Afaik there is NO custom ROM which will support s-pen fully.
Only marking, drawing and pointing possible.
The rest is blocked by Samsung to be implemented in not Samsung ROMs.
I have three (sorry 4) different Samsung devices with custom ROMs and S-pens but none has full features.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamaelThuum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.
    Anyone know the product name of the note 4?

Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C(Exynos) and Galaxy Note 4 SM-910S(Snap Dragon)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Hi all, quick question for you that I can't seem to find an answer for, despite searching.

I wanted to know whether there is a way to automate the Note 4's battery saving mode? For example could it be set to come on when my battery reaches 20% remaining?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

You'd have to use third party apps for this unfortunately. There's no times option or setting to move into power saving. Check out some battery monitor apps for the kind of setting you're looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi Friends,

I am completely newbie at loading stock/customs roms.
    was trying to load use twrp 2.8.1.1 on my note 4, have loaded it but i deleted everything on the phone using factory reset, wipe dalvik cache etc and made a biggest mistake without taking a backup for the same. Now it shows when i am trying to reboot it says no OS installed. I am not aware how deep **** i am in. Have tried various types of roms to be installed some says unsupported dev_type, some says dm verity verification failed. i am just not understanding what needs to be done to get the phone running again. Some guidance and help will be really appreciated.

Mandar

You'll need to download the stock rom/firmware for your phone and then flash it. You should find the latest version of your firmware on sammobile and then you'll need to turn off your phone (probably a battery pull) and then press volume down+home+power to get into download mode. Flash the stock firmware using Odin and then let it boot up. It should sort the problem out.

Flashing custom recovery is easy as long as you've got root access. You need to root your phone first before you can flash a custom recovery. Once you've rooted your phone, try using the app flashify. It's a great app and really easy to install custom recovery and roms.

What are the different s pen tips for? I really haven't found any videos or docs on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    They are spares. The difference between the gray and the white ones is the friction coefficient. Try them and use whichever suits you better.
    [

If so, could some one kindly point me in the direction of a list of models and their respective chip sets please,

Would greatly be appreciated.
    I'm in the UK and really want to make sure i get a snapdragon one, esp as ill have it for the next 2 years.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Galaxy Note4 All Models

SM-N9100(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9100ZCU1ANIF】

SM-N9106W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Unicom]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9106WZNU1ANIF】

SM-N9108V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108VZMU1ANIE】

SM-N9108W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108WZMU0ANGH】

SM-N9109W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Telecom]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+CDMA;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N9109WKEU1ANIE】

SM-N910A(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA AT&T]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910C(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia,Europe,South America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910CXXU1ANIF】

SCL24(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan AU]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SCL24KDU1ANIK】

SC-01G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan Docomo]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SC01GOMU1ANIK】

SM-N910F(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Europe]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910FXXU1ANIE】

SM-N910FD(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[United Arab Emirates]------{SIM1:FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM}

SM-N910FQ(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Turkey]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Singapore,Sri Lanka,India]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910GDTU1ANIE】

SM-N910H(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia-Pacific]------{WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910HXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910K(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea KT+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910KKTU1ANIF】

SM-N910L(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea LG+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910LKLU1ANIF】

SM-N910P(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Sprint]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910PVPU1ANIE】

SM-N910R4(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA US.Cellular]------{FDD-LTE+CDMA} 【Firmware:N910R4TYU1ANIG】

SM-N910S(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea SKT]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910SKSE1ANIF】

SM-N910T(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910TUVU1ANIG】

SM-N910T1(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910U(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[HongKong,Taiwan,Australia,New Zealand,Chile]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910UXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Verizon]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM}

SM-N910W8(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[North America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910W8VLU1ANIG】

SM-N910X(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Demo Test]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910XZCU1ANI6_LLK】