[NOOB FRIENDLY] GENERAL GUIDES for members

Search This thread

MarionCast

Oct 20, 2012
Could someone post a guide to kernels? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

MT00T

Apr 19, 2013
GT-N7105 Lte T-mobile uk

NOOB FRIENDLY!​

Introduction:

I am not a full-time/professional developer, but i do make roms and apps for my personal use, so do not make any rom or app request! I decided to create this thread because i would like to help members of XDA forum who may not fully understands how somethings work. I have seen many people posting their question in some developers thread and the question is just left there unanswered for months, and that is pretty normal! The developers are very busy making all those roms and kernel for you guys! I personally feel that those problems should be fixed, so i decided to create this thread, just to answer you questions! Too lazy to type now... The end

Common question:
What is "rooting"?
- Well i know most of you might have came across this word before: "rooting." Rooting is actually the process of giving your lovely smartphones, tablets, the ability to gain "privileged control or root access." By giving the device root access users can freely write/replace the system application, and also control the cpu clock rate [OC/UC]. GUIDE OF HOW TO ROOT GALAXY NOTE 2 (N7100): coming soon

What is CWM [clockworkmod recovery]?
-CWM is a custom recovery for android smartphones and tablet. It allows you to do things that are not possible to do in the stock recovery. CWM allows you to do things such as flashing custom kernels and roms, it will also allow you to make a NANDROID backup which can be used to restore if you encounter any problem after flashing new roms or kernel. If you would like to know more about CWM try research in the internet you will find loads of information about it.

What are "custom roms"?
Custom roms are roms that are made by other developers that is not the manufacturer of the device, the roms are customized in the way the developers wants. Some of the famous custom roms are: Cyanogenmod, Miui, etc. Custom roms can be based on the device stock rom, or it can be based on the AOSP [android open source project] source, just like the Cyanogenmod. GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS: coming soon

What are GB/HC/ICS/JB?
These are the version of the Android OS:
GB: Gingerbread v. 2.3-2.3.7
HC: Honey Comb v. 3.1-3.2
ICS: Ice cream sandwich v. 4.0.x
JB: Jelly Bean v. 4.1.x-4.2.x

***Feel free to drop some questions :) BUT REMEMBER THIS MY TIME ZONE IS GMT +7*** Please hit the "thanks" if i have helped you :)

I have Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105 Lte T-mobile uk, it bootlooped after flashing to 4.1.2 jellybean using odin, eventually after several reflases and with a bit of help it finally worked, now the problem is I the device canont detect the sim card.. please help.. new to Android os

ruelrp16

Apr 25, 2013
note 2 n7100 did not proceed to reboot after installing chain fire 3d

Sir, my note 2 did not proceed to reboot after i installed chain fire 3d. i have my note 2 rooted yesterday..it was working well until i downloaded and installed the chain fire 3d. it is now stocked in the startup display "Samsung GALAXY Note II GT-N7100". what should i do? please help. thank you in advance.

javvadi

Aug 17, 2013
ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 XXDMG1

Hi All

I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 (N7100DDDMG1) (N7100XXDMG1), took backup with Titanium Backup root, uninstalled bloatware and trying to find ClockworkMod Recovery for my GT-N7100 XXDMG1 but not able to figure out if one available.

On the clockworkmod site the below versions are available. Not sure which one works for GT-N7100 XXDMG1? Need to Flash Cyanogenmod 10.2 Alpha Android 4.3 Jelly Bean For The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (HSPA+) Download ROMs 6.0.3.1 6.0.3.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (LTE) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) Download ROMs 6.0.3.1 6.0.3.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) Download ROMs 6.0.3.0 6.0.3.0

Heard about PhilZ Touch & TWRP but not sure after using these if i can flash Cyanogenmod 10.2?

Thanks
Javvadi

javvadi

Aug 17, 2013
Hi All

I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 (N7100DDDMG1) (N7100XXDMG1), took backup with Titanium Backup root, uninstalled bloatware and trying to find ClockworkMod Recovery for my GT-N7100 XXDMG1 but not able to figure out if one available.

On the clockworkmod site the below versions are available. Not sure which one works for GT-N7100 XXDMG1? Need to Flash Cyanogenmod 10.2 Alpha Android 4.3 Jelly Bean For The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (HSPA+) Download ROMs 6.0.3.1 6.0.3.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (LTE) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) Download ROMs 6.0.3.1 6.0.3.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) Download ROMs 6.0.3.6 6.0.3.6
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Verizon) Download ROMs 6.0.3.0 6.0.3.0

Heard about PhilZ Touch & TWRP but not sure after using these if i can flash Cyanogenmod 10.2?

Thanks
Javvadi

At last, I downloaded and installed TWRP (openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.1-t03g.img.tar) throgh ODIN v3.9. Took Nandroid backup.

Amit77

Apr 9, 2014
Bootloader version

NOOB FRIENDLY!​

Introduction:

I am not a full-time/professional developer, but i do make roms and apps for my personal use, so do not make any rom or app request! I decided to create this thread because i would like to help members of XDA forum who may not fully understands how somethings work. I have seen many people posting their question in some developers thread and the question is just left there unanswered for months, and that is pretty normal! The developers are very busy making all those roms and kernel for you guys! I personally feel that those problems should be fixed, so i decided to create this thread, just to answer you questions! Too lazy to type now... The end

Common question:
What is "rooting"?
- Well i know most of you might have came across this word before: "rooting." Rooting is actually the process of giving your lovely smartphones, tablets, the ability to gain "privileged control or root access." By giving the device root access users can freely write/replace the system application, and also control the cpu clock rate [OC/UC]. GUIDE OF HOW TO ROOT GALAXY NOTE 2 (N7100): coming soon

-CWM is a custom recovery for android smartphones and tablet. It allows you to do things that are not possible to do in the stock recovery. CWM allows you to do things such as flashing custom kernels and roms, it will also allow you to make a NANDROID backup which can be used to restore if you encounter any problem after flashing new roms or kernel. If you would like to know more about CWM try research in the internet you will find loads of information about it.

What are "custom roms"?
Custom roms are roms that are made by other developers that is not the manufacturer of the device, the roms are customized in the way the developers wants. Some of the famous custom roms are: Cyanogenmod, Miui, etc. Custom roms can be based on the device stock rom, or it can be based on the AOSP [android open source project] source, just like the Cyanogenmod. GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS: coming soon

What are GB/HC/ICS/JB?

***Feel free to drop some questions :) BUT REMEMBER THIS MY TIME ZONE IS GMT +7*** Please hit the "thanks" if i have helped you :)

Hi, can you pls help? i need to know what bootloader version i have, i am on samsung galaxy note 2 n7100 with android JB 4.3?
Thanks in advance.

kamale

Feb 1, 2011
- Already have Samsung drivers installed
- USB debugging is on.
- Phone is in download mode

But no yellow box in odin, all it says in a light blue box 0:[COM3]

Ok nevermind, just went ahead without the yellow box and its now rooted just fine =)

Last edited:

wk0308

May 18, 2014
Hi
in flashing into cm11 unofficial rom
i followed those steps in utube and its exactly the same with u taught here
but then during the wipe dalvik cache something like that, mine have failed to wipe
does this matters ?
by the way, im already using this rom but the camera really work bad
it freezes sometimes, its not very responsive and its panorama mode is very poor

Last edited:

JEDAlive

Jul 13, 2014
Help with rooting

I tried to root my note 2 using Odin & CF-auto root, but the yellow box never appeared. Tried to reconnect but it didn't help. What to do?

partyboy101620

Jul 17, 2014
confussed

NOOB FRIENDLY!​

Introduction:

Common question:
What is "rooting"?

What are "custom roms"?

What are GB/HC/ICS/JB?

Hi sorry im the noobest of noobs not sure if this is where to ask but here goes me and my friend rooted his note running 4.1.2 through master rooter used root checker its said its rooted so all good news so far were looking to find out how to get things on it ie themes and mods to make it unique but dont know where to start looking we typed in mods on youtube and we found a marvel superheroes home screen which was cool by mycolorscreen the master rooter is in polish and we dont know how to change language if thats what we have to do we are doing all of this stuff through walk throughs on youtube and alot of spawn (luck) so would much appreciate a bit of info or guidence cheers

OroMax

Aug 27, 2014
I'm in the ****

Hy guy's I try to explain my problem with my bad spaghetti english ;)

Yesterday i want try to root my note 2 with the 4.3 OS, i have never use kies.
I have rooted the phone with Vrooter and than I have installed superuser, because I dont understand the chinese :)
after I have installed the TWRP recovery, I have make the EFS and the system backup, format all the data and try to install DN£ ROM.....
I write tryu, because the operation was failled, and now I have the phone without OS.

I can go in the download mode, I can enter in the recovery, but I cant install my backup :(

I think I have to restore the firmaware, I have downloaded the firmaware 4.4 original, but the problem is Im one mac user and im not able to use Heimdall, I dont find the pit of my phone, and I have problem to put the file inside the progra,.

I have try to make this on the xp in one virtual machine, alll goes good...Odin see my phone connected ( I have installed the usb driver) but when I go in download moide for start the recovery the program stop, an d i lost the connection with the phone.....

What I can do???
I can recovery the phone from tne recoverY??'Somebody can help with me with one guide for Heimdall with the relative file I need??'

Thanks everibody guys.....

OroMax

Reactions: Grant Barker

censored000

Nov 29, 2014
Need Help

I want to Fix my Unit note 2 gt-7105
1. No mobile data 4g / LTE / 3g / 2g
2.Unable to receive calls and make calls.
I custom rom my unit to CM12 and until now, theres no resolve on my unit.
Please help me what to do?

I already
restore using my old settings but same no mobile data and Error occurs per seconds.

Can you send me the best way to fix my phone? I dont know if this is Kernel problem(I dont know if custom ROMs automatically update/downgrade kernel)
Is there a custom ROM installation that can fix all my problem? Please help :(

Thanks In Advance
Looking forward XDA DEV!

julius jb

Aug 3, 2016
i have note 2 korean variant .. i already change from 2g to 3g but still theres a problem on my connection.. even whene i access facebook. pls help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -You warranty will be void after you have rooted you device!
    - I am not resonsible for any bricked devices, so flash it at you own risk :)

How to root Galaxy note 2?

Instructions:
    ****If you want CWM recovery to be installed please use the alternative method****

Easy method: (CF-auto root) ***Follow these instruction carefully***

***Dont forget to install the samsung usb driver or you can just simply install samsung kies and it will install the driver for you***

1.Make sure you have the program ODIN. Download the attachment below if you dont have it.

2.Download CF-auto root for you device (make sure its for your device):

- N7100: http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip
    - N7105: http://download.chainfire.eu/255/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105.zip
    - SHV-E250K: http://download.chainfire.eu/276/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0ltektt-t0ltektt-shve250k.zip
    - SHV-E250L: http://download.chainfire.eu/277/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0ltelgt-t0ltelgt-shve250l.zip
    - SHV-E250S: http://download.chainfire.eu/278/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t0lteskt-t0lteskt-shve250s.zip
    Thanks to Chainfire for producing cf-auto root :)

3.Extract the .zip file to some where you can access it easily. Make sure that you do not extract it twice :)

4. Run the program ODIN.exe

5. Click the PDA button [do not try to be clever and click other things]=> choose the file you have extracted Cf-autoroot...tar.md5

6. Put you phone into DOWNLOAD MODE. (HOW?: Hold the POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME keys (together). You will be ask to continue or to restart the device=> press continue

7. Connect the device the computer using the USB cable

8. You should see a yellow box in ODIN, if there is no yellow box DO NO PROCEED!=> Disconnect the USB from the PC and then restart the phone into download mode again, then reconnect the phone. [make sure usb debugging is on]

9. Do not check REPARTITION

10. Click start and Be happy :) [This stage should be long, if its taking you hours, you must have done something wrong]

11. Hit the "Thanks" button! and also go and thanks chainfire too!

Alternatives:

*** Samsung kies/Samsung usb driver must be installed in you PC***

1. Download all the files you need below! Galaxynote2root.zip

2. Make sure that USB debugging is on=> setting->developer options->enable usb debugging

3. Extract the download .zip file into a place you can access easily

4. Run ODIN...exe

5. Turn you device into recovery mode=> HOLD POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME

6.Connect your device to the PC

7. There should be a yellow box appear in odin, if not DO NOT PROCEED! Try restarting your phone into download mode again, and please ensure that you have usb debugging on and also have samsung usb driver installed in you computer.

8. Click on "PDA" and choose the file cwm6-root-note2.tar

9. Click start and wait for a few second.......DONE! You will now have a rooted device+CWM (What is CWM? Read first post) You're now not a NOOB!

10. Hit the "thanks" button!

What should i do after rooting the device?

1. Stay with the boring stock rom that was made by your manufacturer.
    or
    2. Flash a custom rom and enjoy the smoothness and customization of the rom

Guide on how to flash a custom roms:

1. Download the rom you like: i would now like to breifly explain the difference between Aosp based custom rom and stock based custom rom.
    Aosp [android open source project] rom:
    -This type of rom are commonly known as "pure google roms" there will be no Touchwiz or SenseUI. The most famous Aosp based rom is the cyanogenmod rom. Aosp roms is most oftenly the lightest rom, but this does not mean that there is less customization. This type of rom will often gives better/faster performance than the stock rom, but however it can be less stable.
    Stock based custom rom:
    -Stock rom are roms that is made by your manufacturer, it is made specifically for your device. Developer will use this rom as a base and add some customization to the rom. Developer may also take out some things they do not like out of the rom, these are often known as "bloatwares." By using stock based custom roms, user will benefit from its stability, and some of the function made specifically for their device, e.g. S-pen functions.
    Some link to the custom roms:
    Stock based roms:
    Omega: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915036
    Wanamlite: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928227
    Hypernote: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1942132
    ***There are more in the development section***
    Aosp based roms:

Cm 10 and 10.1: http://get.cm/?device=n7100 *** if you are a beginner do not use 10.1 for now its still not stable ***
    Jellybam: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996038
    Paranoid Android: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1970335
    ***There are more in the development section*** ALWAYS DO A MD5 SUM CHECK before flashing!!!

2. The rom you have downloaded should be in a .zip file ready for you to flash. DO NOT extract the file!

3. Connect your device to the PC (you do not need to turn it into download mode)

4. Copy the zip file into your INTERNAL sdcard (your phone storage), place it some where you can access it easily.

5. At this point make sure that your battery level is higher than 30% (i would recommend that it is fully charged or at least higher than half).

6. Reboot into CWM recovery [How? HOLD POWER+VOLUME UP+HOME]

7. If you are coming from stock rom or any other rom that is not the one that you will be flashing, you will need to make a full wipe!

8. DO A NANDROID BACKUP!=> go to backup and restore=>backup

9. Do a factory reset/data wipe

10. Wipe cache partition

11. advanced->wipe dalvik cache

12. Now it's time to flash the rom, to do this just select "install zip from sdcard" and then choose the .zip (your rom that you have downloaded) from you internal sdcard. ***Your rom that you have downloaded might use the aroma installer, just follow what it says and select what you would like to be installed.

13. DONE! *** first boot might take around 3-5 minutes, if you get a bootloop, try booting into recovery and do a full wipe and reflash the rom, if it still does not boot, go into recovery and restore from your NANDROID backup :)

14. Hit the "thanks" button!!!!!!!!
    NOOB FRIENDLY!​

Introduction:

Common question:
    What is "rooting"?

What are "custom roms"?

What are GB/HC/ICS/JB?

I have added more guides now!!! There will be more!
    Very good info for noobs like me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    You can root the stock rom and use titanium backup (or similar) to uninstall the aps you dont want. This is what I have done. No need to put a custom firmware on your phone. You dont even need CWM.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app