• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Noob question

Search This thread

Seigul

Jan 3, 2019
Hi everyone, so i'm owning the S10+ (exynos) and i'm looking for rooting my device, however i have quite a few questions and hope someone can help me with:
1. Do i need to have magisk in order to install custom roms?
2. Will i be able to use samsung pass on the custom roms or do i need to export to another app (eg: goolge pass?) ?
3. I changed from asus phone to samsung phone so all of my data is kind of spread between google and samsung accounts. So if i perform a back up then which apps would you guys recommended to backup all data?
4. I own a watch active 2 and buds + so if i install any custom roms will they still working?

I know that's a lot of questions and may seem like dumb to you guys but i'm new with all of this so i feel a bit worries about it. Also sorry for my bad English since it's not my first language.
Thank you 😍😍😍

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Hi everyone, so i'm owning the S10+ (exynos) and i'm looking for rooting my device, however i have quite a few questions and hope someone can help me with:
1. Do i need to have magisk in order to install custom roms?
2. Will i be able to use samsung pass on the custom roms or do i need to export to another app (eg: goolge pass?) ?
3. I changed from asus phone to samsung phone so all of my data is kind of spread between google and samsung accounts. So if i perform a back up then which apps would you guys recommended to backup all data?
4. I own a watch active 2 and buds + so if i install any custom roms will they still working?

I know that's a lot of questions and may seem like dumb to you guys but i'm new with all of this so i feel a bit worries about it. Also sorry for my bad English since it's not my first language.
Thank you 😍😍😍
Actually, your English is pretty good!
Doesn't seem like it is bad nonetheless.
Kay so here are the awnsers to ur questions.
1. Nope only need an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery.
Probably more steps cause its samsung but there are detailed guides here for your phone.
2. Hmm thats unfortunate cause when you trip knox you lose access to knoc enabled services like samsung pads.
3.well if i was rooted I would use Migrate which is a great backup app for switching between custom ROMs.
4. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-samsung-buds-app-on-custom-rom.3959823/
This thread lists a modified apk for the wearables app but im not sure if it works.

Seigul

Jan 3, 2019
Probably more steps cause its samsung but there are detailed guides here for your phone.
2. Hmm thats unfortunate cause when you trip knox you lose access to knoc enabled services like samsung pads.
3.well if i was rooted I would use Migrate which is a great backup app for switching between custom ROMs.
4. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mod-samsung-buds-app-on-custom-rom.3959823/
This thread lists a modified apk for the wearables app but im not sure if it works.
Omg. Thank you so much 😍

• Love
Reactions: Kenora_I

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omg. Thank you so much 😍