NOOK for Android by B&N apk 2.7.2.12 (download link here)

Search This thread

transvin

Mar 23, 2012
yeah. Please upload the latest version 3.1.0.19. The store says that the app isn't compatible with my country.

Reactions: dmbyte

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I like it too but am I missing something? All my books are kindle so I can't read them in the nook...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I like it too but am I missing something? All my books are kindle so I can't read them in the nook...

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Edit: OK I get it. You have to use the reader that matches the book. If I like the Nook reader I will have to buy b&n books. I'll stick with my kindle app - do NOT like it compared to stock but small price to pay. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

docfreed

Jun 6, 2009
Edit: OK I get it. You have to use the reader that matches the book. If I like the Nook reader I will have to buy b&n books. I'll stick with my kindle app - do NOT like it compared to stock but small price to pay. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Not at all true. Get the free software called "Calibre" - it's a masterpiece program for the PC that converts ebooks into any format that you like - Calibre is an open-source library manager to view, convert and catalog e-books - then you can convert the Amazon formatted ebooks (usually in the form of .mobi or .azw ) to epubs that can be read by the Nook app.
(http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Not at all true. Get the free software called "Calibre" - it's a masterpiece program for the PC that converts ebooks into any format that you like - Calibre is an open-source library manager to view, convert and catalog e-books - then you can convert the Amazon formatted ebooks (usually in the form of .mobi or .azw ) to epubs that can be read by the Nook app.
(http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Don't most Kindle books have to have DRM removed first? I have Calibre on my PC but I quit using it when I couldn't use it for Kindle books anymore.

sent from my original Kindle Fire masquerading as a Galaxy Nexus

shibito

Oct 23, 2012
Nook 3.2

Hi nook lovers! I just want to ask for those generous people if someone can kindly share the new apk version of Nook from the Google Play Store? New version is 3.2 that has the in-app dictionary :) Unfortunately because of country restrictions, I'm not able to download it from Google Play store directly. Please please help! Thanks! :victory:

vk512

May 11, 2012
Calibre rules, DRM sukz

Don't most Kindle books have to have DRM removed first? I have Calibre on my PC but I quit using it when I couldn't use it for Kindle books anymore.

sent from my original Kindle Fire masquerading as a Galaxy Nexus

Sure a big reason why you are stuck with DRM: it's so that you only use Amazon software (and be much tempted by their hardware too).
There are efficient DRM-remover (not free though), at least it worked perfectly last time I checked (2011) but you may not want the hassle to deal with that if you feel comfortable in the Amazon lockin of course.

Nook 3.2.0.81 apk someone please?

jacobgkau

Jan 13, 2013
Thanks!

I just wanted to thank the uploaders for their help! I was incredibly angry when I learned that the Nook app didn't support the Nexus 7. At first I received an "unable to contact servers" error message, but after restarting the app it worked perfectly.

Last edited:

critofur

Jan 21, 2011
NYC/Tokyo
Question about this...

So, with this .apk installed on some other Android ROM, will that mean I can just click on an eBook file and it will open (without "importing" first like you have to with Aldiko)?

What I want to do is have a folder of eBooks and when I click on one it opens the book read to read, just like it does if you use the Nook OS.

Anybody know of other ways to do this, other e-reader programs which work this way?

str8arrow

Aug 2, 2011
THANK YOU from canada

Thank you so much for uploading the apk.
i'm also an unhappy Canadian...now a thankful one, due to your kindness in uploading this Nook app, which is totally unavailable in our country.

Thanks a mill!
str8arrow

I won't be at my computer until the evening tomorrow but then I'll see what I can do.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go. I had to zip it due to size.
    B&N Nook apk 3.5.1.5

Hi, managed to get this installed on my Samsung Note 2. One advantage of living in a boarder town... Hope it works for you. :cool:
    NOOK for Android by B&N 3.0.1.10 - _http://www.mediafire.com/?wr4w53d735rb0w4
    Switching to Kindle for Android is perhaps the best solution if you want to buy e-books, but magazines like The New Yorker display great on the plain Nook with 1.4.1. I would buy some stuff from B&N, but if I can't install third party apps I prefer to go with another rom from SD and without the B&N reader for Android. Bye bye NOOK-Book-eBook-store...