Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebQ42

Jan 4, 2014
This morning I noticed my Google Phone app updated to v41, but it didn't kill Call Screening. I've tested reinstalling Anxious from scratch and v41 and v42 both seem to have Call Screening working now (and the voice can be heard).

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
This morning I noticed my Google Phone app updated to v41, but it didn't kill Call Screening. I've tested reinstalling Anxious from scratch and v41 and v42 both seem to have Call Screening working now (and the voice can be heard).
Not working for me. But it looks like v42 was pulled from play store. And there's new things in phenotype from v41. Looks like it was unintentionally broken by Google. Shocker lol (kidding). Thanks for reporting this. If I can't get it working I'll probably need a couple things from you. But yay I'm excited lol

I got it working. :) They've added a lot of new flags. So I'm gonna see if I can get anything new working.

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
v17 of companion module enables call screen transcription in call history, much more reliable listen, there's a new call record flag but I can't get that working. As of right now.

(It'll be live soon. Also the screenshots are me talking to myself. Lol)
@CalebQ42 thanks for bringing this to my attention

You don't have to uninstall v16 if you're upgrading to v17.

But you probably need to update Google phone before installed v17. Updating app after might mean having to reinstall v17 (which isn't a big deal lol)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: lollyjay

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
v121 is just script changes. Idk. Way less exciting then the post above this one.

If it's not performing well enough for you, enable touchboost in your preferred kernel app.

Last edited:

lordsinasina

Aug 3, 2007
v17 of companion module enables call screen transcription in call history, much more reliable listen, there's a new call record flag but I can't get that working. As of right now.

(It'll be live soon. Also the screenshots are me talking to myself. Lol)
@CalebQ42 thanks for bringing this to my attention

You don't have to uninstall v16 if you're upgrading to v17.

But you probably need to update Google phone before installed v17. Updating app after might mean having to reinstall v17 (which isn't a big deal lol)
Updated to phone 41 and installed V17, call screen is not there. Removed V17 and reinstalled and still not there.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
It's likely a server side update. Or related to the new Google app beta. Not sure. I'm just gonna wait it out. They clearly have some issues to work out.

It's related to superpacks on the jobscheduler. They might have accidentally unbroken ? And then broken again. It's confusing lol up to you to stay on v40 or go to v41 and wait.

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
When testing things out, if I didn't clear Google Phone's data before disabling and enabling the module then I would lose call screening, but force closing would fix it.
Do you have it right now? If so could you post this file "/data/data/com.google.android.dialer/shared_pref/dialer_phenotype_flags.xml"?

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Yep, still working here. I need to sleep, but if you need anything else I'll definitely get it to you when I wake up.
Hmm it shouldn't be working. Would you mind zipping up that whole folder when you have time? (You can PM it. A couple lines have your email in it)

After you confirm you have it. From everything I know, you shouldn't have it available with a phenotype set up like that. Lol

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
I've updated the OP to make things clearer with the call screen *f*u*ck*ery from Google.

I don't know if Google accidentally fixed call screen for unsupported devices on v41 and then intentionally re-broke it. Or if they accidentally broke it, fixed it intentionally, and re-broke accidentally. v42, a public beta, was pulled from the play store. So who knows lol

(I'm pretty stoned so this is getting really confusing haha)

Anyways v40 of Google phone still has call screen, no saved transcripts, and hit or miss listen in.

Last edited:

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
stock camera abruptly closes after taking a selfie without saving the picture with v121 and v17. Back camera works fine. I cleared the data, took a selfie which went through fine. Took another selfie and the camera crashed.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
stock camera abruptly closes after taking a selfie without saving the picture with v121 and v17. Back camera works fine. I cleared the data, took a selfie which went through fine. Took another selfie and the camera crashed.
I just took one. Issue is on your end. Once you cleared the app data, all tweaks were removed. :) So go into someone else's thread and post without a log lol

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
I just took one. Issue is on your end. Once you cleared the app data, all tweaks were removed. :) So go into someone else's thread and post without a log lol
No need to be passive aggressive. I will attach a log soon.
A quick update before I get home and upload the log. it only happens when I take a selfie in horizontally and then immediately turn the phone vertical. not every time though. gotta time it right. I also dont have a lot of tweaks installed. ElementalX, Google product sans, and detach (v40 - youtube and phone detached)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.