Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Quick question (sorry if it's already been answered), but why Pixel 3 device props instead of showing as Pixel 4?
Pixel 4 props break Google Assistant. I can't get past a download screen when you try to access assistant. It's why I haven't gotten continued conversation working.

134 had a couple props from pixel 4 for the google phone but I decided it was a bad idea to mix multiple phone props like that, pixel 4, pixel 3, and the 7 pro ones I don't change. The pixel 3 prop is the one most apps use to identify the device. Which is why it'll say pixel 3, even if you're still using 134. The pixel 4 props I was using aren't commonly used for device identification.

Last edited:
Reactions: old_fart

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
Pixel 4 props break Google Assistant. I can't get past a download screen when you try to access assistant. It's why I haven't gotten continued conversation working.

134 had a couple props from pixel 4 for the google phone but I decided it was a bad idea to mix multiple phone props like that, pixel 4, pixel 3, and the 7 pro ones I don't change. The pixel 3 prop is the one most apps use to identify the device. Which is why it'll say pixel 3, even if you're still using 134. The pixel 4 props I was using aren't commonly used for device identification.
Has your battery been running slightly hotter than usual since v133+/v20+? Close to 23-24 degrees. It used to be below 20 degrees. I just want a reference point, not trying to blame your mods at all. My battery usage details doesnt show anything problematic. I am running freak's kernel v1.4.0 . I know you are running freak's v1.5.0 so your values may not be the correct reference point (but still). That version is not released for us mere mortals yet.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Has your battery been running slightly hotter than usual since v133+/v20+? Close to 23-24 degrees. It used to be below 20 degrees. I just want a reference point, not trying to blame your mods at all. My battery usage details doesnt show anything problematic. I am running freak's kernel v1.4.0 . I know you are running freak's v1.5.0 so your values may not be the correct reference point (but still). That version is not released for us mere mortals yet.
It's possible it's related to disabling GPU thermal throttling. It has almost no battery impact, as you've just testified to that. But it definitely helps with the GPU performance. Qualcomm probably is very sensitive about heat stuff since the abysmal sales of s810 devices.

But I have nerve damage from chemo, so my sensitivity to tempeture changes probably is why I hadn't noticed that. (It's also possible it's related to a Google/Facebook server/app change, in the past it's happened on a larger scale).

I plan on adding in my set up for cpu stuff, so it might help some. It's just not something I ready to release yet.

For now you could try clearing Play services data. I do that when I feel like something is amiss. (Maybe once a month. If even that)

Last edited:
Reactions: rohitece06

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
It's possible it's related to disabling GPU thermal throttling. It has almost no battery impact, as you've just testified to that. But it definitely helps with the GPU performance. Qualcomm probably is very sensitive about heat stuff since the abysmal sales of s810 devices.

But I have nerve damage from chemo, so my sensitivity to tempeture changes probably is why I hadn't noticed that. (It's also possible it's related to a Google/Facebook server/app change, it the past it's happened on a larger scale).

I plan on adding in my set up for cpu stuff, so it might help some. It's just not something I ready to release yet.

For now you could try clearing Play services data. I do that when I feel like something is amiss. (Maybe once a month. If even that)
I am sorry to hear about chemo. I hope you are doing well.
I saw the temperature change behavior in EXKM app. I do have touchboost enabled as you suggested during one of the changes in OP. I see that it is no longer their. I will remove touchboost and clear play services data. Thanks for the prompt response.

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
I am sorry to hear about chemo. I hope you are doing well.
I saw the temperature change behavior in EXKM app. I do have touchboost enabled as you suggested during one of the changes in OP. I see that it is no longer their. I will remove touchboost and clear play services data. Thanks for the prompt response.
I'm not using touchboost. But I had a feeling some people would find my tweaking to be too battery focused, so I figured I'd just answer that kind of concern before people asked about it lol

I don't think it's needed but I know some people want a completely lag free/smooth experience over battery life. Not that touchboost will deliver that, but it's definitely more in the performance side when enabled.

Yeah I beat cancer in 2018. Thanks!

Reactions: umair shaikh

NateDev

Aug 18, 2016
Mississauga

Ah ok, makes sense, thanks! I think that might be in part a Google glitch, cause I think I might've seen a stock Pixel 4 not being able to get past the downloading screen for Assistant when enabling Continued Convo. Or maybe it was a Pixel 3. Just going off the top of my head though :p

Will be interesting to see if anyone's able to get it working in the future, would be awesome. One less reason not to buy Pixel 4, if anyone's even buying it because of the Assistant alone haha

lordsinasina

Aug 3, 2007
So with phone 40 call screen works fine for me with latest companion. If I update to phone 42 it doesn't work. I also tried replacing the phenotype flags file myself but as soon as I open phone again it replaces the file with the original which doesn't have the flags enabled ! So weird

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
So with phone 40 call screen works fine for me with latest companion. If I update to phone 42 it doesn't work. I also tried replacing the phenotype flags file myself but as soon as I open phone again it replaces the file with the original which doesn't have the flags enabled ! So weird
Update app then flash. OP states that. And there is no file to replace. Not sure what you're using to do that.

"If any features enabled by the companion module disappear, you'll have to uninstall, reboot, open camera, reinstall, reboot. Certain things are set on install. I don't want tons of scripts running on boot."

You also need the latest main module. The modules are made to be used together.

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
You'll have to uninstall both modules to be able to "local upgrade" OOS. I'm guessing the pixel 3 flags break the built in updater. It just goes to show that OnePlus doesn't want people cross flashing incorrect firmware. So it makes sense. Anyways I'm on 10.0.3 now.

Don't forget to follow the instructions when reinstalling modules.

Last edited:
Reactions: slamdunksaliby

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
v135

Updated permissions for Google dialer. Google added an extra permission with the "Pixel feature drop". Thanks @Freak07 for the gigabytes of pixel data you upload for me to look through lol

Decreased module size by 20mb without any feature loss. And I slightly updated the description of the module.

If this module isn't working with other modules, then maybe you'll have to learn how to open a zip file and delete or edit things. Not sure why people are so scared to open a zip file. I have links to the documention of magisk modules and unity modules at the bottom of the OP. There are tons of threads and things in the magisk threads and unity thread. That's why there are support threads for that. Lol

If I'm constantly flashing test kernels and my test modules, without issue, then maybe those having issues need to start documenting how they set their phone up to figure out what goes wrong where.

Edit:

v136

Shaved another 5mb off of the module with no feature loss.

Also this was added to the OP "I haven't been able to figure out to enable play store updates for Device Personalization Services, so just download the latest 10.0+ version from apkmirror." I advise doing that once you update to v136.

v22 companion

Updates some files for Google phone from latest pixel 4 ota.

Last edited:

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
v135

Updated permissions for Google dialer. Google added an extra permission with the "Pixel feature drop". Thanks @Freak07 for the gigabytes of pixel data you upload for me to look through lol

Decreased module size by 20mb without any feature loss. And I slightly updated the description of the module.

If this module isn't working with other modules, then maybe you'll have to learn how to open a zip file and delete or edit things. Not sure why people are so scared to open a zip file. I have links to the documention of magisk modules and unity modules at the bottom of the OP. There are tons of threads and things in the magisk threads and unity thread. That's why there are support threads for that. Lol

If I'm constantly flashing test kernels and my test modules, without issue, then maybe those having issues need to start documenting how they set their phone up to figure out what goes wrong where.

Edit:

v136

Shaved another 5mb off of the module with no feature loss.

Also this was added to the OP "I haven't been able to figure out to enable play store updates for Device Personalization Services, so just download the latest 10.0+ version from apkmirror." I advise doing that once you update to v136.

v22 companion

Updates some files for Google phone from latest pixel 4 ota.
Is Call Screen option present for you on v42 google dialer. Is google being weird again? I went back to v40. On v40 Call Screen option comes up gets stuck on activating, never activates. I have busybox and sqlite installed. On Freak's v1.4.0 and OOS 10.0.3. No adblock of any kind. Its been happening since v133/v20. Again just want to check if it is working for you. I have reinstall the modules twice now, still no luck so wanted to get a reference point.

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Is Call Screen option present for you on v42 google dialer. Is google being weird again? I went back to v40. On v40 Call Screen option comes up gets stuck on activating, never activates. I have busybox and sqlite installed. On Freak's v1.4.0 and OOS 10.0.3. No adblock of any kind. Its been happening since v133/v20. Again just want to check if it is working for you. I have reinstall the modules twice now, still no luck so wanted to get a reference point.
Works fine for me. I think you're not giving it enough time to set up. If you give it enough time, try force stopping the dialer. But it's definitely on your end. I have zero issues. Screenshots to verify

The other day when I updated to 10.0.3 I forgot to set up call screen before leaving wifi. 7 hours later once back on wifi it activated within a few minutes. So it's definitely working.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: rohitece06

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
Works fine for me. I think you're not giving it enough time to set up. If you give it enough time, try force stopping the dialer. But it's definitely on your end. I have zero issues. Screenshots to verify

The other day when I updated to 10.0.3 I forgot to set up call screen before leaving wifi. 7 hours later once back on wifi it activated within a few minutes. So it's definitely working.
Thanks, I will give it another go

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
For whatever reason my play store wouldn't see my device as compatible with any pixel apps. This has never happened after enabling magisk hide. But as always clearing the play store app data fixed it. Google may have unintentionally done something that broken compatibility but magisk hide just needs to start fresh with the app to fix lol.

Device Personalization services even works in it now. I guess I just ****ed up my play store data with all my flashing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.