Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
v130

Disables Control Center, Houston, OemLogKit, OnePlus Brain/Chain

It's all OnePlus specific stuff.

And if you feel you need more performance, just enable touchboost via your preferred kernel app

Live Caption (reread install instructions)

Hey, the live caption stuff consistently makes my phone crash a few times an hour. The phone just hangs on a black screen with zero response until I force reboot. It started doing it when I tried out live caption using the original method when it came out, and now it's doing it again with your v130 zip.

Have you been experiencing this?

Hey, the live caption stuff consistently makes my phone crash a few times an hour. The phone just hangs on a black screen with zero response until I force reboot. It started doing it when I tried out live caption using the original method when it came out, and now it's doing it again with your v130 zip.

Have you been experiencing this?
I haven't.

It's slightly different then the XDA feed version. But what else do you have installed? I only used it for 5 minutes to verify it worked on various things. How long does it take to happen like that?

Are you on open beta or stable?

Does device personalization have all permissions granted?

I haven't.

It's slightly different then the XDA feed version. But what else do you have installed? I only used it for 5 minutes to verify it worked on various things. How long does it take to happen like that?

Are you on open beta or stable?

Does device personalization have all permissions granted?
10.0.2 and yes all permissions are there.

It happens the most when I open the OnePlus camera app, but it can happen randomly too. When I'm streaming music through Bluetooth it starts stuttering badly and it disconnects while the phone is hanging on a black screen.

I've gone back to v125 for now.

10.0.2 and yes all permissions are there.

It happens the most when I open the OnePlus camera app, but it can happen randomly too. When I'm streaming music through Bluetooth it starts stuttering badly and it disconnects while the phone is hanging on a black screen.

I've gone back to v125 for now.
Can you tell me what other modules you have installed?

This has to related to magisk doing a thing it shouldn't. Try disabling the device personalization app. If it continues to happen then it's definitely unrelated.

But without a log I can only guess so much

It's definitely unrelated. But I'm willing to help you if you can provide information

Last edited:
Reactions: Interceptor777

This has to related to magisk doing a thing it shouldn't. Try disabling the device personalization app. If it continues to happen then it's definitely unrelated.

It's definitely unrelated. But I'm willing to help you if you can provide information
Hey I just double checked and saw that permissions weren't granted for the personalization app even after I explicitly remember granting it all it's permissions.

Weird. I've enabled all of it now and will report back if it crashes again.

Also a few times that it crashed, It gave me a notification saying bug report captured. Could the logs be saved somewhere?

Thanks

Also here are my modules, also wanted to say again that this only happens with live caption installed. Maybe it was the permissions things all along.

I disabled sqlite in an attempt to stop the crashing since I didn't want to uninstall anxious, it's back on now but it was still crashing after I disabled it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191207-191920.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-191920.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 165
Hey I just double checked and saw that permissions weren't granted for the personalization app even after I explicitly remember granting it all it's permissions.

Weird. I've enabled all of it now and will report back if it crashes again.

Also a few times that it crashed, It gave me a notification saying bug report captured. Could the logs be saved somewhere?

Thanks
Well that's clearly a sign of magisk being unstable. I'd reccomend a clean magisk install. Uninstall magisk. don't reboot. Boot to recovery. Reinstall magisk. And then set up modules.

It's unrelated to live captions. You just verified it has no permissions meaning it couldn't do anything.

You're not really answering many of my questions lol you should go to a magisk support thread.

And there are multiple guides on collecting logs.

Well that's clearly a sign of magisk being unstable. I'd reccomend a clean magisk install. Uninstall magisk. don't reboot. Boot to recovery. Reinstall magisk. And then set up modules.

It's unrelated to live captions. You just verified it has no permissions meaning it couldn't do anything.

You're not really answering many of my questions lol you should go to a magisk support thread.

And there are multiple guides on collecting logs.
Thanks for the help. If it happens again after granting permissions I'll clean install Magisk.

I've been meaning to try some AOSP ROMs anyways so it might be a good thing.

Thanks again

Also here are my modules, also wanted to say again that this only happens with live caption installed. Maybe it was the permissions things all along.

I disabled sqlite in an attempt to stop the crashing since I didn't want to uninstall anxious, it's back on now but it was still crashing after I disabled it.
You have way too many modules installed.

And that proves it's an underlying issues of too many modules.

The OP states that if you install more than I do. Then it's not supported :p

And sqlite wouldn't cause the crashing. It does nothing actively. It's all passive, it has to be called with a terminal or script or app. (Which live caption isn't doing)

Last edited:
You have way too many modules installed.

And that proves it's an underlying issues of too many modules.

The OP states that if you install more than I do. Then it's not supported :p

And sqlite wouldn't cause the crashing. It does nothing actively. It's all passive, it has to be called with a terminal or script or app. (Which live caption isn't doing)

Is there anyway you could link the v125? I don't have the zip anymore and I see it's not on MEGA. It worked perfectly fine for me so I just want to stay on it. I'll troubleshoot everything later.

Thanks for the help.

Is there anyway you could link the v125? I don't have the zip anymore and I see it's not on MEGA. It worked perfectly fine for me so I just want to stay on it. I'll troubleshoot everything later.

Thanks for the help.
I made v129 available again. It'll be live until 10:30ish. That's the oldest I have. I don't keep old builds. It's a personal module.

Camera mods work fine with 3.8.87. just updated with apk from apkmirror. The edits are in /data so it's possible it might occasionally be deleted with an update (Which just means you need to reinstall companion mod).

Also I hyperlinked the **** out of the OP so there's less visual clutter.

Last edited:

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Call screening working with 41.xxx google dialer apk yet? I forgot to turn off auto update and it updated and I can't revert back to 40...

Also, latest v130 build is glitchy reverting back to v122

Last edited:
Call screening working with 41.xxx google dialer apk yet? I forgot to turn off auto update and it updated and I can't revert back to 40...

Also, latest v130 build is glitchy reverting back to v122
I'm not going to answer any of these questions...

You would know if it worked with 41 of Google phone since you have it installed. There's no reason you can't go back to 40.

And how am I supposed to help when you say "glitchy"... And that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope.

^Preemptively answering all PMs.
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/themes/magisk-aod-lockscreen-weather-mods-oos-t3847008

"v1.7 (23/04/2019)
    - Add Android Q battery icon style"

This, if its possible tho, its weird that the oneplus 6 thats on pie can and we cant, you think its possible? ?
    No idea. I'll maybe look into it. But it's not something that immediately hits me as "hey I can do that". I'm incredibly lazy and stoned a lot (stage 3 colon cancer survivor). So keep that in mind lol
    v114 enables the Pixel 3 assistant.

Meaning dark theme for Google app and assistant. The new condensed Google Assistant ui. And probably more.

No continued conversation yet. That's pixel 4. And actually breaks the ability to access Google Assistant with a broken download of something. Not sure what. Can't figure it out.

Anyways the wave of updates is just because of stuff going well in my life right now and the holidays, but like f*u*c*k* (I beat the filter lolol) indigenous genocide and religion in general lol
    Dear all,
    I have to remove some off topic posts from this thread. Please mind your words when posting on XDA. This applies both to developers and users.

Thanks for your compliance.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator
    Moderator Information:
    I have to nuke so many most recent posts to keep this thread on topic. I need to remind everyone that on XDA, all users, no matter developers or users, should post comments in a civil manner, no calling names, lack of respect, or flaming.

Please do remember our rules when you post. Thank you.

Jerry