Question Nord 2T 5G Full Factory ROM/Firmware with Scatter file for Unbricking

Search This thread

nielsync

After successfully rooting my Nord 2T by backing up and then patching the stock boot.img I proceeded to patch the inactive slot within Magisk (it was unecessary of me..) and after rebooting entered a loop. Anyone know where I can get the factory ROM? I was on the May patch. Thanks in advance!

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So extracting boot. img from your file won't be enough to do Root right?
You can't extract from the firmware. You must use spflash tool to pull the boot.img from the device (mediatek devices are a bit different to Snapdragon devices)
I'm going to do it today but I had to bring my daughter to the hospital after a fall she had which required stitches.
Once I have it extracted I might write a guide on how to do it with links to all firmware needed and have a thread where we will have both the stock and magisk patched boot.img's available.
Been like 6 weeks and no root on my device, this is the longest I have went without rooting in almost 7 years :cowboy:

nielsync

You can't extract from the firmware. You must use spflash tool to pull the boot.img from the device (mediatek devices are a bit different to Snapdragon devices)
I'm going to do it today but I had to bring my daughter to the hospital after a fall she had which required stitches.
Once I have it extracted I might write a guide on how to do it with links to all firmware needed and have a thread where we will have both the stock and magisk patched boot.img's available.
Been like 6 weeks and no root on my device, this is the longest I have went without rooting in almost 7 years :cowboy:
Thanks. I rooted mine within a day but went too far with patching the inactive slot via Magisk and now phone is soft bricked. If you are still interested in extracting the boot image for patching then use this tool. I tried to use it to flash the payload.bin but phone still not booting. I even flashed all the extracted images manually in fastbootd. I guess the OTA file doesn't contain all the files needed to restore the device back to its factory state.
Anyone with the full firmware containing the SP Flash Scatter file please share it. You'll be saving everyone else. I bought my phone on a trip and there are no OnePlus repair centers over here so won't be using my phone until I can restore it myself :(

woodiewood3

Nov 29, 2015
Were you on the latest June security patch?
Yes I was on the June patch, but I completely messed up my Phone.. can't boot into recovery or fastboot, screen stays black.
When I plug in the phone my computer recognizes it as Mediatek usb port.
When I try to use mtk_gui it is able to connect but it freezes after DA extension and thus I'm unable to read or write anything from or to the device via mtk_gui.
I hope that I can flash the stock firmware via SP flash tool, otherwise I will probably need to send it to OP repairs centre.

But to flash via SP flash tool I do need the firmware + scatter file. ATM I'm unable to find them.

Last edited:

PattasuBalu

Dec 4, 2020
I am unable to create the scatter file via MTKDroid it says --- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible!

Top Liked Posts