• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nord N10 5g android 11 available for download on TMobile and metro

Search This thread

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
It's finally happened!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-061439.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-061439.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 166

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
OTA. Just got it myself. Interface is hideous! Color scheme change, not cooperating with Nova Launcher, re-enabled all the junk I disabled. Not a fan! :cautious: Was just getting happy with my setup to, felt snappy. Anybody else having overheating issues?

Hot mess!

View attachment 5363407
Interface is pretty trash, but you can get it pretty close to 10.
For the standard OnePlus launcher being an aggressive piece of work. Clear data and cache for the launcher (use an app the freeze it, since you can't outright disable it) reset Nova launcher as your home launcher.

For the overheating, I'd recommend wiping your cache phone wide. (Which is damn near impossible since OnePlus recovery is absolute butt cheeks) so your next best bet is a system format after moving your files.

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Four days later and battery life has finally stabilized.
Largest villain when it comes to usage is chrome and chromium, the update just made them even more aggressive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210718-172003.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-172003.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 36

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Before cleaning out I was getting all the above-mentioned issues: Nova, heat \ batt life....
Plus slow data, dropped signal & calls...
Later today will be the acid test on the road.

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Couple of days fixes heat issues. I think everything back to normal.

"Adaptive battery "
"Optimize app power consumption"

Disturbingly, I found one or both of above disabled "BUT Sleep Standby Optimation" self-enabled- you put down phone for a long time, system thinks you're sleeping and blocks calls, messages and what not.
Enabling the second one has really helped.

My limited knowledge makes me suspect update made system relearn from scratch app \ battery optimizing.

Reactions: ninjasinabag
Yeah, something w\ Akamai... Worldwide effect...

Sorry what you went through, guess I was very lucky in comparison.
Weird, locally they were saying a fiber line on at&t backbone got cut and caused the outages. Our main ISP is Windstream that uses at&t fiber backbone, our secondary ISP Carolina connect fiber was unaffected though. All cellphones (TMobile, MetroPCS, at&t and Verizon (lte/5g)) did not have any service either. Thought it was a local thing, did not know it was worldwide.

99% of businesses in our town were only accepting cash because of the outages. However most of them stopped accepting cash during the pandemic last year so no one really carries cash like that. ATMs didn't work because of the outages. So it really goes to show how fragile and how quickly our system can go to a grinding halt.

Last edited:
Reactions: horsecharles

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Couple of days fixes heat issues. I think everything back to normal.

"Adaptive battery "
"Optimize app power consumption"

Disturbingly, I found one or both of above disabled "BUT Sleep Standby Optimation" self-enabled- you put down phone for a long time, system thinks you're sleeping and blocks calls, messages and what not.
Enabling the second one has really helped.

My limited knowledge makes me suspect update made system relearn from scratch app \ battery optimizing.
Sleep standby is an absolute mess.
It doesn't prioritize at all, so you've gotta sit there and enable each notification wake.

It doesn't even save enough battery power to be considered worth the inclusion.

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
One minor and one major change/addition to the system.

If anyone is looking to hide their camera, the option to add a black bar above the notification bar is now in your advanced display options.

A new option in developer options that relates to Bluetooth is the Gabeldorsch stack. All I can say is give it a shot. (Skullcandy refuses to provide codec support, so this is a boon)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-154336.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-154336.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's finally happened!
    Can someone do a full dump of the Update with MSM read back?
    Try dexopt job, Android needs to rebuild dex after every update and will cause bad battery/heat for a day or 2
    OTA. Just got it myself. Interface is hideous! Color scheme change, not cooperating with Nova Launcher, re-enabled all the junk I disabled. Not a fan! :cautious: Was just getting happy with my setup to, felt snappy. Anybody else having overheating issues?

Hot mess!

View attachment 5363407
    Interface is pretty trash, but you can get it pretty close to 10.
    For the standard OnePlus launcher being an aggressive piece of work. Clear data and cache for the launcher (use an app the freeze it, since you can't outright disable it) reset Nova launcher as your home launcher.

For the overheating, I'd recommend wiping your cache phone wide. (Which is damn near impossible since OnePlus recovery is absolute butt cheeks) so your next best bet is a system format after moving your files.
    When i update it over OTA will it make a factory reset? Have no root so i can´t use Titanium Backup and i dont want root it or unlocking.
    It won't factory reset, but it will superimpose the new system image over the old one

So apps that were deactivated will be active again, and some of your options might be changed, but otherwise you'll keep all of your data.