• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nord N10 OEM unlocking greyed out

Search This thread

kirklandwaterbottle

Aug 4, 2021
so i bought this nord n10 from ebay and apparently when i got to the settings to try rooting it, the oem unlocking is greyed out. any solutions? i tried to find online but there wasnt really any so, i need to keep looking in these forums. someone said a solution about sim card unlocking or something

edit: shouldve mentioned this, its a t-mobile phone

Last edited:

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
Earth
Nexus 6
Moto G4 Plus
after talking with oneplus they say they do not support MertoPCS N10 5G via unlock page and i have to ask MetroPCS for unlock token MetroPCS says its oneplus that has to supply the unlock token there has been a few user that are getting the same runaround one even filed a complaint with the FCC over it

scottlam1

Aug 16, 2011
after talking with oneplus they say they do not support MertoPCS N10 5G via unlock page and i have to ask MetroPCS for unlock token MetroPCS says its oneplus that has to supply the unlock token there has been a few user that are getting the same runaround one even filed a complaint with the FCC over it
I was the one who contacted fcc they contacted OnePlus on my behalf haven't heard anything yet. I don't know why it's such an issue for them I've heard people say they have metro n200 unlocked from the page

Reactions: BTK19

googlephoneFKLenAsh

Jul 31, 2017
I was the one who contacted fcc they contacted OnePlus on my behalf haven't heard anything yet. I don't know why it's such an issue for them I've heard people say they have metro n200 unlocked from the page
I have unlocked the bootloader of metropcs Nord N200 successfully. The metropcs N200 has the same model number as T-Mobile version while the metropcs nord N10 has a different model number from t-mobile N10.

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
if its a metro phone you wont be able to get a unlock token via oneplus they dont have the imei in there data base and are clueless how to do it
Just wait until you can unlock your phone via the unlocker app.
I literally just unlocked everything a few minutes ago without messing with my phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-194452.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-194452.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20210805-194621.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-194621.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 17

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
You have no idea about what bootloader unlock actually is.

Your bootloader is still locked unless you get the unlock token from oneplus and flash it in fastboot.

My guy, I've been doing this since 2008.

My phone actually booted the dynamic system image and hit a DMverity wall. Previously, my phone wouldn't even attempt to install the DSU because because of the bootloader being locked.

kirklandwaterbottle

Aug 4, 2021
bruh i tried looking up rooting beginner's guide and it was stilll complicated so is the other beginner's guide online, i really don't know what to do when im stuck, no tutorials on youtube to root the N10 5G...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wait until you can unlock your phone via the unlocker app.
    I literally just unlocked everything a few minutes ago without messing with my phone.
    You have no idea about what bootloader unlock actually is.

Your bootloader is still locked unless you get the unlock token from oneplus and flash it in fastboot.
    My guy, I've been doing this since 2008.

My phone actually booted the dynamic system image and hit a DMverity wall. Previously, my phone wouldn't even attempt to install the DSU because because of the bootloader being locked.
    Your bootloader is still locked.
    The simplest way to check is to boot into fastboot mode and check if it shows "device state-locked" or not.

Enabling OEM unlocking is like showing ID to verify you are an adult but you still need to buy a movie ticket to watch a NC-17 movie.

We are missing the "ticket" (unlock token bin file from oneplus) here.
    Good news:
    Oneplus finally escalated my request to higer level manager and my metropcs n10 is now eligible for bootloader unlock token.
    I just submitted mine and will wait 7 days to get the unlock token.