Question Normal network calls on 4G version?

Search This thread

ChaoticDruid

Aug 21, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
Hello all,

Its been ages since Ive been around here, lots changed. Used to mess with roms for the HTC Tytn.

Sorry to probably bother with a dumb question, just have lots going on an looking for a straight answer.

I'm on AT&T, and thinking I need to come up with a better phone than the free one they sent out. I have an old Galaxy Mega 2 now, and like the big screen. Its 4G, but AT&T is saying the IMEI shows it as 3G, but to the point, I like big phones.

I keep reading I can make normal network calls from the A7 lite, then the At&T site says differently, and then someone else said differently.

Do the international versions have a dialer and stuff? Text messaging? I see a dialer in some videos. I just want one device, not paired with another phone, etc.

Anyhow again, sorry to bother you guys. I'm sure I'm probably overlooking something somewhere, just need a little help if possible. This probably gets asked about every 4G tablet/phablet.

Thank you.

pipo221alpha

Dec 3, 2020
Hello all,

Its been ages since Ive been around here, lots changed. Used to mess with roms for the HTC Tytn.

Sorry to probably bother with a dumb question, just have lots going on an looking for a straight answer.

I'm on AT&T, and thinking I need to come up with a better phone than the free one they sent out. I have an old Galaxy Mega 2 now, and like the big screen. Its 4G, but AT&T is saying the IMEI shows it as 3G, but to the point, I like big phones.

I keep reading I can make normal network calls from the A7 lite, then the At&T site says differently, and then someone else said differently.

Do the international versions have a dialer and stuff? Text messaging? I see a dialer in some videos. I just want one device, not paired with another phone, etc.

Anyhow again, sorry to bother you guys. I'm sure I'm probably overlooking something somewhere, just need a little help if possible. This probably gets asked about every 4G tablet/phablet.

Thank you.
The dialer that it has does need to be paired with another Samsung device in general. I think it has the capability for network use but not for calling. The Verizon version can use Verizon Messages to control SMS and Dialing direct from the tablet but you need to at least have a phone that is on the network so should work the same way with AT&T I think.

vgchat

Mar 24, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
As with most tablets, you cannot make calls on it but you can access the cell network via a sim card (so long as you have the right A7 Lite model).

There are apps that will allow you to "make calls", google duo is one that comes to mind but it will not dial the phone number, as for text messaging, I do believe that you can access this as long as you have a sim card that allows you to reach the carrier.

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
Hello all,

Thank you.

The dialer that it has does need to be paired with another Samsung device in general. I think it has the capability for network use but not for calling. The Verizon version can use Verizon Messages to control SMS and Dialing direct from the tablet but you need to at least have a phone that is on the network so should work the same way with AT&T I think.

As with most tablets, you cannot make calls on it but you can access the cell network via a sim card (so long as you have the right A7 Lite model).

There are apps that will allow you to "make calls", google duo is one that comes to mind but it will not dial the phone number, as for text messaging, I do believe that you can access this as long as you have a sim card that allows you to reach the carrier.

I just bought one here i Sweden and I can make calls vid mine. The tablet over here comes with the Samsung dailer and messages. I also installed Google phone and messages because I prefere these and can make calls and text by putting in the simcard I have for my phone. So yes you can use it as a phone.

samone5

Jul 1, 2022
I just bought one here i Sweden and I can make calls vid mine. The tablet over here comes with the Samsung dailer and messages. I also installed Google phone and messages because I prefere these and can make calls and text by putting in the simcard I have for my phone. So yes you can use it as a phone.
Google phone app not working. The application does not support tab a7 lite LTE models. Cannot be installed as apk. Do you share screenshots? Can I see the build number?

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
Google phone app not working. The application does not support tab a7 lite LTE models. Cannot be installed as apk. Do you share screenshots? Can I see the build number?
Screenshot_20220702-063315_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220702-063413_Settings.jpg

Google messages

Screenshot_20220702-063451_Settings.jpg

Samsung messages

Screenshot_20220702-063523_Settings.jpg

Google phone

Screenshot_20220702-063547_Settings.jpg

Samsung phone

Hope this helps!

samone5

Jul 1, 2022
OMG!!!!!! Dude I've been looking for this for days. You're making calls through the sim card inserted in the tablet, right? so you haven't made the "Call & text on other devices" settings. You haven't paired with another phone to make a call.

Screenshot_20220702-094344_Settings.jpg

If that's true, I want you to help us. Can you share with us the copies of the gprs&gsm applications embedded in the system? Thus, without rooting or changing csc, we can add phone call function over sim card.

If you want to help, install this free app from the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui

Open the app. Allow storage. Find apps with the following paths in the list and click on them. The apk files of the apps you click on will be copied to your phone memory. Move them to a folder. You can compress it with 7zip or WinRar. Then upload it somewhere, like Google drive. Share the link here. If you do this, you will help us solve an important deficiency of the Tab A7 Lite LTE models.

Screenshot_20220702-093356_Apk Extractor.jpg

View attachment 5650549
Screenshot_20220702-094023_Apk Extractor.jpg

Screenshot_20220702-093619_Apk Extractor.jpg

Last edited:

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
Dude...
I'll try but I'm not so good at this stuff.
Yes i just put my sim in the tablet and start calling without having it connected to other devices

Reactions: samone5

samone5

Jul 1, 2022
Dude...
Yes i just put my sim in the tablet and start calling without having it connected to other devices
Dude that's great. We're excited about your feedback. To solve this problem we need applications that are embedded in its tablet. In a very practical way, I just want you to take the copied versions of the applications like the one I described out of your tablet and share them here. If you have a problem, please share it with me. The customization you'll do for the Lte version of the Tab a7 Lite is at your magic fingertips. I just want you to share it with us. You never know how excited I am right now :)

Reactions: gualm2

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
Dude that's great. We're excited about your feedback. To solve this problem we need applications that are embedded in its tablet. In a very practical way, I just want you to take the copied versions of the applications like the one I described out of your tablet and share them here. If you have a problem, please share it with me. The customization you'll do for the Lte version of the Tab a7 Lite is at your magic fingertips. I just want you to share it with us. You never know how excited I am right now :)
I'm heading for the beach today so I might not try this out until in the evening.

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
No problem. I'd appreciate it if you would try it when you were first available. The important thing is to see that it helps us under this topic. You decide when to help.
Enjoy and please have me updated if you succeed whatever you're trying.

Attachments

• Call_&_text_on_other_devices_com.samsung.android.zip
    65.7 MB · Views: 39

samone5

Jul 1, 2022
Thank you really, really much. When I examined the files you submitted, I saw the application differences between T227 and T225. Md5 and the file size and application content are different. I rooted my T227 with magisk. I have installed the T225 stock rom with the build number you used. And the result; now the phone feature is activated. The earphone works perfectly with my Tab A7 Lite LTE :) It's great to see that there are good people like you in the world. Thank you again.

juanje1989

Nov 13, 2014
Thank you really, really much. When I examined the files you submitted, I saw the application differences between T227 and T225. Md5 and the file size and application content are different. I rooted my T227 with magisk. I have installed the T225 stock rom with the build number you used. And the result; now the phone feature is activated. The earphone works perfectly with my Tab A7 Lite LTE :) It's great to see that there are good people like you in the world. Thank you again.

what is the proceso to install the 225 rom on 227 tablet ?

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Thank you really, really much. When I examined the files you submitted, I saw the application differences between T227 and T225. Md5 and the file size and application content are different. I rooted my T227 with magisk. I have installed the T225 stock rom with the build number you used. And the result; now the phone feature is activated. The earphone works perfectly with my Tab A7 Lite LTE :) It's great to see that there are good people like you in the world. Thank you ag To clarify
samone5:
Sorry, not sure I understood you clearly.

You cross-flashed to one of the T225 versions posted here (yeh, I'll check at samfirm or use frija to ensure I don't bork with a lower version)?
Which one, EU? But aren't those just small upgrades only \ base stock needed?
And you are on T-Mobile US (or similar) still- & haven't suffered any bands \ apn \ coverage issues \ didn't need to fix anything?
¿Didn't need to root?

I assume not possible to just install or adb copy over those zipped telephony files & even if wouldn't work?

Sorry if that sounded dumb- it's been a decade since last flash.
Latest patched Odin is v3.14. 1x right?

Would appreciate anyone else's thoughts- I think samone5 not coming back.

samone5

Jul 1, 2022
samone5:
Sorry, not sure I understood you clearly.

You cross-flashed to one of the T225 versions posted here (yeh, I'll check at samfirm or use frija to ensure I don't bork with a lower version)?
Which one, EU? But aren't those just small upgrades only \ base stock needed?
And you are on T-Mobile US (or similar) still- & haven't suffered any bands \ apn \ coverage issues \ didn't need to fix anything?
¿Didn't need to root?

I assume not possible to just install or adb copy over those zipped telephony files & even if wouldn't work?

Sorry if that sounded dumb- it's been a decade since last flash.
Latest patched Odin is v3.14. 1x right?

Would appreciate anyone else's thoughts- I think samone5 not coming back.
I don't use this forum often. I'm sorry I answered late. My device is rooted. This process cannot be done without root. Because you'll see these errors. Pit mode error and uparam error. I did things after root. I got the apn settings from my service provider for the network settings. Because it didn't automatically recognize it. The only problem I had was the imei number was deleted. However, I had taken a backup and restored it. Other than that, I didn't have a problem. You say you did a software installation a long time ago. I think you should stay away from this issue. You can fall into soft brick mode. You have to be careful.

Reactions: horsecharles

Tasha T

Mar 25, 2015
Hi Gualm2

1) Please can you check if your tablet is model no. T225 or T225N ?

2) Can you also let me know if your tablet supports carrier aggregation ?
In other words when using a sim card in the tablet do you see the "4G+" icon or "LTE+" icon ?
Or do you see a "4G" or "LTE" icon ?
You can also check this by dialling *#0011# in the phone dialler app and it should show details about carrier aggregation. If you could post a screenshot of the information on this screen it would much appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:

gualm2

Nov 3, 2010
Hi Gualm2

1) Please can you check if your tablet is model no. T225 or T225N ?

2) Can you also let me know if your tablet supports carrier aggregation ?
In other words when using a sim card in the tablet do you see the "4G+" icon or "LTE+" icon ?
Or do you see a "4G" or "LTE" icon ?
You can also check this by dialling *#0011# in the phone dialler app and it should show details about carrier aggregation. If you could post a screenshot of the information on this screen it would much appreciated.

Thank you
It's sold, don't have it anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude...
    Dude...
    I'm heading for the beach today so I might not try this out until in the evening.
    No problem. I'd appreciate it if you would try it when you were first available. The important thing is to see that it helps us under this topic. You decide when to help.