NOST - Improved Version of OST LA 6.0.4 (v0.6, 02. Mar 2019)

Search This thread

LinkerPast

Jul 17, 2019
unknown.png

Hi, someone can help me with this? I'm trying to flash Oreo firmware in my Nokia 5, but I can't because it says this.

Marky143

Nov 28, 2011
help me pls i cant unlock the bootloader of my phone using those commands

fastboot flash unlock *unlock .bin*
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

im using nokia 7.1 pie version stuck at DOWNLOAD MODE i want to flash it using this tool. . .

Last edited:

theviking33

Jan 27, 2019
Asgard
Will you post the latest firmware?

Hello,
and my question is if you will post the latest firmware which includes the October 2019 patch, firmware on your site? Would be great as I use your firmwares all the time. Thank you in advance!

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
I actually started a decompilation project based on the latest version of OST 6.3.7. I decompiled it in a Visual Studio project, removed the login check and also compiled it with newer .NET Framework 4.8. But I did not think there was any demand for it so I abandoned it.

Reactions: dongvatm

dongvatm

Feb 16, 2020
Ha Noi
I actually started a decompilation project based on the latest version of OST 6.3.7. I decompiled it in a Visual Studio project, removed the login check and also compiled it with newer .NET Framework 4.8. But I did not think there was any demand for it so I abandoned it.
Wow. Can you share it with me? I think it's so interesting;);)

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
Reactions: dongvatm

lucabs

Dec 28, 2012
Brescia Italia
Nokia 8
hello I have installed nost the tvirus row is ok but the nokia does not see me but in the windows resource manager sees it what should I do? thanks

Attachments

• nokia tool.JPG
    nokia tool.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "NOST" - short for "No Service Tool" (or "Nokia Service Tool" but that sounds too official and boring :p) is a small hobby project I've been working on in the last couple of days.
    It aims to make the service tool for Nokia 8 (and HMD Phones in general) more useable, user-friendly, and straigtforward to use, and after having to test it myself, and also
    making a small beta test in the Telegram group for Nokia 8, I feel like posting it here so others can try it out too if they want.

First, to be clear: NOST is not completely my work. It is based on OST LA 6.0.4, which was made by HMD/Foxconn. Unlike the previous OST Patches, NOST does not replace
    the executable with a hacked one, but instead wraps it and patches the methods that need patching at runtime. The result is that the changes are completely opensource
    and readable by others, while the underlying OST files are not modified at all. I tried to base it on a different (i.e. newer) version of OST, but those are pretty much unpatchable,
    at least not with a serious amount of reverse engineering, which brings not only time issues but legal ones as well.

NOST changes a couple of things, compared to the unmodified OST LA:
    • It removes the need for authentification against HMD/FIH servers (really, shoutout to the one who made the original hack, even though I could not use their code)
    • Moved the logs folder to the same folder as the application, as opposed to somewhere on the system to make debugging easier
    • The options for flashing firmware images appear reliable now. (At least for me they only appeared sometimes if not never on the original OST).
    • Removed one of the options that if it appeared crashed the flashing process ("Check System AP Status")
    • One user of the Telegram group had issues where OST would crash because it detects an invalid locale setting in Windows. NOST just catches that issue and defaults to english
    • Removed the "Edit Phone Information" button. It never worked and it's only purpose was to make the "Next" button appear, which works like it should now as well.
    • NOST refuses to flash your phone if your bootloader isn't unlocked critically. The old OST would just try to flash but never make any progress which confuses inexperienced users.
    • Perhaps the most important change: NOST allows to flash modified firmware images without the need to extract and modify them by hand.
    With the original OST, people who wanted to reflash their phone had to download a firmware bundle, extract and edit it to be able to use it with OST LA 6.0.4, since the newer versions
    had unpatchable issues that prevent using them. Repacking the images in a format OST expects wasn't possible either since that enabled some sort of signature algorithm on the modified
    images and caused the flashing to fail. NOST solves this problem by allowing the use of a different packaging format. Those binaries still need to be extracted but it is done transparently in
    the background without the user having to download any other tools. The formats that can be used in images are .zip and .qlz

.zip Firmwares:
    .zip firmware files are simply archives of the (edited) files that would normally be extracted from an .nb0 file. This means, if you extract a .nb0 with the extractor found on XDA, the contents
    of the *_unpacked folder it creates should be the contents of your .zip.

.qlz Firmwares:
    .qlz files are based on QuickLZ compression, which gives them a small size but also a low decompression time.
    The tool to generate them is called exdupe. Generating these images is pretty straigtforward. Assuming you are on windows, download the exdupe
    tool from the link above (or take it from the NOST Tools/ folder) and copy it into the folder that contains the unpacked .nb0.
    Code:
    - exdupe.exe
    - <nb0 name>_unpacked/
        - <nb0 name>.mlf
    Open a commandline in that folder, and run the following command:
    Code:
    exdupe.exe <name of the folder to compress> <name of the firmware file>.qlz
    You should already see how fast it compresses the firmware folder now. As a reference: Compressing the latest Nokia 8 firmware (about 4GB) takes maybe 30 seconds and yields a 2GB file.

Repacked Firmware Bundles:
    I created .qlz images of the May and November firmwares, as well as one of the various Pie Maintainance Releases.
    You can find them here: https://tmsp.io/fs/xda/nb1/firmware
    I already successfully reverted from December Security Patch to November using NOST, and then updated back using OTA Sideloading without problems.

As always when working with flashing tools, proceed with caution!

How to unlock to critical:
    For those who wonder how to unlock into critical state :
    Reboot into bootloader download mode and execute those commands :

Afterwards you should be able to flash provided .qlz with NOST.

Download:
    The actual tool: https://github.com/StollD/NOST/releases
    Drivers: https://github.com/StollD/nokia-driver-installer/tree/master/out
    Source Code: https://github.com/StollD/NOST

License:
    OST LA 6.0.4 is copyrighted by the respective authors. It is not modified permanently.
    The custom NOST code is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
    Icon by Freepik © Flaticon
    I updated the link in the OP to include an image of the official Pie version that you can flash with NOST.

Additionally I moved the imaged from google drive to OneDrive for Business since I simply have way more storage there.
    The link redirects you to the main folder for Nokia 8 Utilities, the NOST images are under "Firmware Images".

New Link: https://bit.ly/nokia-nb1
    What I mean is if I flash the Pie file you provided I just returned back to Android 8.1 Novemeber update no changes at all. Maybe there something wrong with the Pie file you uploaded. But the rests are all working fine with the tool.
    Thanks for the hint, I will take a look. Probably just derped when pulling partitions and renaming the images (might have worked in my November folder by accident).

EDIT: I repulled the images from Pie (I indeed somehow worked in my November folder when making the image), repackaged them and updated the version in the drive folder. You should now be able to flash Pie. Sorry for the mistake.
    Wow, this is something we've been all seeking for a long time now ! For those who wonder how to unlock into critical state :
    Reboot into bootloader download mode and execute those commands :

Afterwards you should be able to flash provided .qlz with NOST.
    I just released NOST v0.6 on GitHub. It fixes the issue with usernames that contain a space, and also contains a recompiled exdupe so it should work correctly on 32-bit only systems.
    A pretty significant change is that the installer does not try to install the Nokia USB driver anymore, since that actually managed to crash the installer when it was already installed.
    You have to download and install the drivers manually. For convenience, I packaged all three drivers together into one executable: https://github.com/StollD/nokia-driver-installer/tree/master/out

Also, in case you missed it: The firmwares folder now contains an image of the February patch / Maintainance release (5140) in case you want to reflash it.