Themes / Apps / Mods Nostalgia overload

Search This thread

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This wallpaper takes me back to the first Nexus device. Hard to believe how far phones have come since the first one. Anyone else around since the G1 era?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-004013.png
    Screenshot_20211030-004013.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 457
  • Screenshot_20211030-003809.png
    Screenshot_20211030-003809.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 461
  • Screenshot_20211030-003911.png
    Screenshot_20211030-003911.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 460

kboya

Apr 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I had an N1, but only after the original HTC Desire as that was more widely available in the UK and, after using both, somewhat more refined than the N1. That said, the physical trackball was far easier to use than the optical on the Desire.
I was also a fan of the Nexus S and its curved front, but I know I'm in the minority on that one🤣

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
That's the phone that started me on android, had two G1's, one rooted and one stock. Was fun back in those days with all the development going on. Cyanogen Mod and waiting for the weekly updates, can't remember who but I did some testing for one of the recoveries used on the G1.
JesusFreak I believe was the recovery Kingpin, right?

Yes I had to go to Columbus, Oh. to buy the G1 because the Cincinnati area didn't have 3G and T-Mobile only sold the phone in 3G coverage areas.

d0x360

Mar 11, 2009
This wallpaper takes me back to the first Nexus device. Hard to believe how far phones have come since the first one. Anyone else around since the G1 era?
I am. Rooted my HTC G1 and loved it. Then the Nexus One was launching and at the time my phone was still fairly new considering how long we used to keep them before smart phones.

Since my wife (gf then) wanted to save money on our bill she got this garbage Samsung dumb phone when I got the G1. So when the Nexus launched I had zero issue buying it immediately because she HATED that phone and wanted mine.

Can't blame me, I tried to talk her into a G1 (she later upgraded to a Rezound, god I miss HTC) she wouldn't budge though lol.

I would be constantly flashing new firmware and Kernel's on my Nexus. I barely ever used it I was doing it so often just because of how cool it was. Eventually the scene started to slow down and I got a couple non Google phones then a pixel xl which was my last until the 6 pro. My least fav Nexus was the Samsung Galaxy Nexus... Go figure since the last 3 phones I've had and come to eventually hate were all Samsung snapdragon devices that couldn't be rooted. I should have imported one instead. Apparently there is a method but it's not public afaik and it costs too much to be worth it and you have to mail them your phone... No ty.

Hopefully Google doesn't start preventing modification because that would be a damn shame. Seeing where the scene is today compared to then is already hard enough. We went from too many firmwares and Kernel's to not enough and it seemed to happen really fast too. I had a bad feeling the day they announced cyanogen was going to come pre installed on whatever that phone was. So many other people based their modified firmware on cyanogen but the tweaks some of them made were genius. Stuff Google is just adding now.

The only bad memory of the scene I have is when I bought an nVidia shield portable off of eBay and the guy didn't say that he installed lineage to it and I don't remember if I couldn't get it back to it's original state for some reason or what but I was not happy, especially since those things were rare and I had found one in we great shape but I couldn't use anything but moonlight on it... Owell.

Top Liked Posts