Not able to Add APN for use with other networks

Search This thread

leond

Jul 15, 2008
Boston
I am only unlocked for international use via Sprint,
The son menu is disabled if the Sprint sim is in , even overseas, but the moment I put local sim, the menu becomes functional

CLUPER

Aug 23, 2012
Tegucigalpa
i have solution for ths problem but its no free
4A4.jpg

Last edited:

kjack3410

May 27, 2014
were you on zv6 when you got your phone unlocked?

i was originally on zv5. i got it unlocked online but could not change pan settings. i then upgraded to zv6 but still i cannot change apn. maybe we need to upgrade to zv6 first before unlocking?
Was your G5 ever used on Sprint? Was it ever activated on a sprint account?

ATULDUMBRE

Jul 23, 2009
Pune
I have same problem.
I purchased unlock version from ebay india.
I was able to use phone and 3g.
I reset phone and apn add is gone.
I unlock phone again from @Asady2k with gcprokey.v but no apn access.
upgraded phone to zv6. still no resolve.
still ablevto use other sim to make calls and sms. but no add edit apn . I have msl code.
how to resst msl to 000000.
how to enablevadd apn.
plz somebody help.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Can somebody post detail guide how to enable apn functionality.
will help lot of members really.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

i have solution for ths problem but its no free
4A4.jpg

I am ready to pay.
plz share info.

CLUPER

Aug 23, 2012
Tegucigalpa
someone posted the solution on another forum.... you unlock using 42 or 43 version GCPRO this will be enable apn settings

in another forum I was the one who found the solution too, and here also say that it is not free because you have gcpro to do the unlock, and not all phone unlocking is applicable and have the mobile data, ls775 sw ZV5 the phone becomes unusable

phones that were released octoplus for now can not have mobile data with this solution

DLM777

Dec 7, 2016
How do ic hange apn on sprint lg g5 so i can use it on att service?

I've tried all suggested methods to add APN on unlocked Sprint LS992 but to no avail (no options to add apn). Able to send texts and make calls but not data. When I enter settings>mobile networks>apn settings, there are no options to add apn. It just shows greyed out otasn. Anyone else come across this and if so, how did you solve the problem?[/QUOTE

mrbrown0287

Nov 10, 2016
I've tried all suggested methods to add APN on unlocked Sprint LS992 but to no avail (no options to add apn). Able to send texts and make calls but not data. When I enter settings>mobile networks>apn settings, there are no options to add apn. It just shows greyed out otasn. Anyone else come across this and if so, how did you solve the problem?[/QUOTE

Have you solved this?

kjack3410

May 27, 2014
Unfortunately, I never solved the problem so sold the phone. Don't know if true or not but what I was told was the problem is related to the G5 never being activated at all with Sprint since new. It needs to be activated once for initial programing by sprint. Though the G5 I had was a LS992, it had no sprint related apps on the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried all suggested methods to add APN on unlocked Sprint LS992 but to no avail (no options to add apn). Able to send texts and make calls but not data. When I enter settings>mobile networks>apn settings, there are no options to add apn. It just shows greyed out otasn. Anyone else come across this and if so, how did you solve the problem?

I am on ZV6. after inserting foreign SIM and setting mode to GSM, I can add APN via APN menu now. Just click menu button.
    I am ready to pay.
    plz share info.

someone posted the solution on another forum.... you unlock using 42 or 43 version GCPRO this will be enable apn settings
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone