Not able to use Netflix

Search This thread

petercuv

May 23, 2011
Blackburn
Hello all. I have a GT-N7100 running liqidsmooth ROM. I cannot run Netflix, it gets to loading film and stays there. I changed ROM back to Hawkish extreme ROM with a stock kernel, and lo and behold it worked got to load film screen and it streamed it straight away. Could my problem be to do with the non stock kernel(Liquidsmooth). So my question really is, is there a stock kernel that I could flash. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. By the way I also tried Avatar ROM.:confused:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Last edited:

RAGECANDYBAR

Sep 30, 2012
Had this issue myself, my google skills told me that netflix uses a different video player on 4.2 roms, which all kernels (that I know of) dont seem to support. There is an xposed plugin that tricks netflix into thinking you have ICS, which then causes the app to use the video player that most kernels actually support.

User MikeySmikey has posted the details here. :)

Reactions: petercuv

petercuv

May 23, 2011
Blackburn
Well thanks for enlightening me. I am going to try this straight away. I will post back the results. Once again thank you for the info. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had this issue myself, my google skills told me that netflix uses a different video player on 4.2 roms, which all kernels (that I know of) dont seem to support. There is an xposed plugin that tricks netflix into thinking you have ICS, which then causes the app to use the video player that most kernels actually support.

User MikeySmikey has posted the details here. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone