Not big phone with good LineageOS support

Search This thread

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
Hello!
I'm looking for some not too big (about 4,5..5") phone. Priorities for me are:
* good LineageOS support (with best chances that it won't stop in let's say 2..3 years),
* shouldn't be famous as a problematic phone (for example frequent damages),
* at least 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of flash (if less, it should have SD card socket),
* it should have notifications led,
* it should cost not more than 250-300$ (preferably less).
Currently I think about Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus and Xiaomi Redmi 3, but I'm open to suggestions.

Could you tell me which of these two would be better (a specially regarding to LOS support) or propose me some other phones, please?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hello!
I'm looking for some not too big (about 4,5..5") phone. Priorities for me are:
* good LineageOS support (with best chances that it won't stop in let's say 2..3 years),
* shouldn't be famous as a problematic phone (for example frequent damages),
* at least 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of flash (if less, it should have SD card socket),
* it should have notifications led,
* it should cost not more than 250-300$ (preferably less).
Currently I think about Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus and Xiaomi Redmi 3, but I'm open to suggestions.

Could you tell me which of these two would be better (a specially regarding to LOS support) or propose me some other phones, please?
A rough indicator for quality of LOS support is the cve-tracker https://cve.lineageos.org/ . Cheap stable small phone: moto E 2015 surnia. Maybe my next.

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
Thanks for suggestion but 1 GB RAM, 4 GB Flash and 2 x 1,2 GHz cores is what scares my in this phone. I know what I'm saying, because currently I have Android One device, which main downside is poor LOS support, but also problem with low flash for apps (even though I prefer to use lighter versions of most apps I use). Also 1 GB RAM make apps switching not so fast.

And thanks for the idea with cve! I'll check that.

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
Hello!
I'm looking for some not too big... Could you tell me which of these two would be better (a specially regarding to LOS support) or propose me some other phones, please?
The following thread was created for these types of questions:

[Discussion] What's your next smartphone / What should I buy by poseidon5213

×MY DEVELOPMENTS×
[APP][TOOL][4.2+]The SELinux Toggler
[ZIP][TOOL][AIO]BusyBox Stericson Binary Installer v1.26.2 {BB/TB Auto-Symlink}
×IN DEVELOPMENT×
[APP][TOOL][4.2+][OFFICIAL]The SELinux Switch
Will Supersede "The SELinux Toggler"
×IDEAS FOR DEVELOPMENT×
[APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Forum {Classic}
[APP][UNOFFICIAL][4.2+]XDA Reader {Classic}

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
Yes, but this thread has nothing to do with LineageOS. If I wanted to buy a phone which doesn't have to be supported by it, I wouldn't have any problem. Probably most people from the thread you pointed don't even know, what LineageOS is. And I need advice from people, who daily use it.

Reactions: kurtn

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Thanks for suggestion but 1 GB RAM, 4 GB Flash and 2 x 1,2 GHz cores is what scares my in this phone. I know what I'm saying, because currently I have Android One device, which main downside is poor LOS support, but also problem with low flash for apps (even though I prefer to use lighter versions of most apps I use). Also 1 GB RAM make apps switching not so fast.

And thanks for the idea with cve! I'll check that.
New Idea:
RedMi 2 aka wt88047

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, but this thread has nothing to do with LineageOS. If I wanted to buy a phone which doesn't have to be supported by it, I wouldn't have any problem. Probably most people from the thread you pointed don't even know, what LineageOS is. And I need advice from people, who daily use it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone