Not charging...

Search This thread
Hello all, I hope this finds you well. After having my Droid since the month it came out, I am finally having an issue I cannot seem to resolve. My phone will not charge, stuck at 16%. It took a fall the other day, so I think that did it, but it was in a lifeproof case (always has been) so there was no damage to the outside. When it is plugged in, it shows that it is getting power, but not charge. Is this just a battery issue, possibly? Any help would be appreciated.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hello all, I hope this finds you well. After having my Droid since the month it came out, I am finally having an issue I cannot seem to resolve. My phone will not charge, stuck at 16%. It took a fall the other day, so I think that did it, but it was in a lifeproof case (always has been) so there was no damage to the outside. When it is plugged in, it shows that it is getting power, but not charge. Is this just a battery issue, possibly? Any help would be appreciated.
Try wiping battery stats
Tom

Reactions: BEDickey
Thanks for the advice, but I found the issue after studying my phone and other information on the net. What happened is my phone took a hard drop and it broke the connection to not only the QI charging coil, but more importantly, the temp sensor attached to it as well. Your phone will not charge without a working temp. sensor, end of story. When I removed the QI/Temp unit from a spare and installed it into my daily driver, everything started working perfectly again. Heads up for all of those who, like me, refuse to give up on our Droids. Best of luck going forwards!

Top Liked Posts