Not possible to create a Storm8 Account on Android HD2?

Search This thread

thesweeney

Nov 5, 2009
Liverpool
I thought It was time I spent some time enjoying android instead of just tweaking constantly. So I installed some games; one of them being iMobster.

I open the game app and it says I need to sign in with my Storm8 Account, (which I dont have yet)... there is no option on the app's signing page to register a new account.

So I googled storm8 and went to their site.... again there is no signup link. So I go to the storm8 forums and see a register link ("Don't have a Storm8 Account yet?").... but that just says that you register through the games settings menu....I CANT GET TO THE SETTINGS MENU WITHOUT SIGNING IN! Doh!!

Is it just Android versions of Storm8 Games that dont allow new users? Or are signups closed full stop? Or is This some form of 'attempted copy protection' caused by the HD2 not being a 'native' Android device?

I searched the storm8 forums for an hour and found nothing useful and I cant ask a question there as I dont have an account :rolleyes: lol

Can anyone shed any light on this?
If there is NO WAY to sign up for us HD2 Android owners, does anyone have an old unused account that they want to donate? (Not looking to take a 'good' account here, would rather sign up myself if at all possible).

Anyone managed to signup using their HD2?

(PS I have installed 2 other storm8 games and they behave the same way...no signup :( )

dcordes

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2007
I have no idea.
As this is not at all specific to the hd2 port of Linux (and android) I suggest moving this thread to the general XDA android section.
cheers

jknob

Apr 25, 2009
I had the same dilemma, I have tried many builds and it seems to only occur with FROYO builds, if you go back to Eclair you will be able to play your game, so I just use 2 sd cards one with Eclair and the other with Froyo.

fi3ry_icy

Apr 24, 2010
HTC One X
HTC Leo
Storm8 games are currently not compatible with froyo... many people on froyo are complaining about the interface glitches due to upgrading to froyo

Sent from my HTC Leo using XDA App

Ventura8

Feb 2, 2009
Bucharest
Last edited:

MasterCATZ

Aug 25, 2009
Unique Device ID is needed *#*#4636#*#* should show it
if not get Android ID from market

If you downgrade you should be able to create an online account thru the game then transfer this to the upgraded phone via the username / password login method ( can only be done once storm8 account is made from device ID )

or downgrade and create and acount and just use s8onpc ... ( yet to see if you can just create an new account knowing an ID number as all my phones are used atm ...)

seekerofsorrow

Aug 9, 2007
vamp live on hd2

hi,

I ve installed it on hd2 with MDJ_FroYo_HD_v._4..... running on it and it worked fine. I ve played 2 days now and after the second day my account got banned :rolleyes: unknown reason... and by the way I read this application is able to read your sms and phone number out of your phone, not cool if its true.

Each time i closed the application the profile was gone, so i decided to import it back using the settings menu , which worked well. .. until I got banned

Last edited:

Zappattazz

Sep 17, 2010
Jacksonville
I play all 8 storm8 games on my myTouch 3G with Froyo 2.2

On any game that you play, go to the main game page, you'll see a "gear" or "gog" icon near the bottom, select that icon. This brings you to another screen with 3 tabs, choose the tab labeled "Storm8". On this screen, mine account is already setup so it shows my information but if you haven't setup an account yet it will let you create one here or give you a web link to the Storm8 page.

Enjoy!