[NOT SOLVED] hulu. Anyone got it working?

Search This thread

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
apologies in advance: F' hulu: pirata3bay. not com, not org, not net.... hulu = scam = money + time wasted. it's not a 3, just precautionary for haters/rules...

~ TF101 on Revolver4.1.1
Currently OC'ed to 1.4, with Guevor's latest

bartcrusades

Aug 30, 2010
Edison, NJ
Well,I tried it with flex360's ROM, but to no avail. I guess at this moment it's just a hit or miss for most people.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

bartcrusades

Aug 30, 2010
Edison, NJ
I'll try going S-ON and then go S-OFF again. It might be because after I used LazyPanda, I used Regawmod to root, and something must've happened.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
You did what? You went S-off and then used regaw mod to to root? Didn't that switch your bootloader to stock HTC unlocked S-on? :confused:

bartcrusades

Aug 30, 2010
Edison, NJ
You did what? You went S-off and then used regaw mod to to root? Didn't that switch your bootloader to stock HTC unlocked S-on? :confused:

The only way to S-ON after LazyPanda is to use the fastboot OEM secure command. But somewhere along the path I took, something happened. I just picked up another 7 hours of work on top of my 16, so I'll test it out Monday afternoon.

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
I'll try going S-ON and then go S-OFF again. It might be because after I used LazyPanda, I used Regawmod to root, and something must've happened.

I doubt that's the issue. I used Lazypanda to S-OFF and the only other change I made was the modified bootloader to remove the red HTC warning text. I suppose I could try flashing back to previous bootloader to see if things change. I'm sure someone has a zip for it around here somewhere.

TX2000

May 27, 2008
I doubt that's the issue. I used Lazypanda to S-OFF and the only other change I made was the modified bootloader to remove the red HTC warning text. I suppose I could try flashing back to previous bootloader to see if things change. I'm sure someone has a zip for it around here somewhere.

i didn't touched the bootloader. maybe that is the difference?

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
I don't get why Hulu is querying anything related to the boot loader or S-OFF to begin with. It almost seems like it's enough to make me cancel my subscription on principal alone.

Dear Hulu,
Keep your hands off my bootloader, it's none of your damn business.
Kthxbye

Last edited:

TX2000

May 27, 2008
I don't get why Hulu is querying anything related to the boot loader or S-OFF to begin with. It almost seems like it's enough to make me cancel my subscription on principal alone.

Dear Hulu,
Keep your hands off my bootloader, it's none of your famn business.
Kthxbye

100000% agree

bartcrusades

Aug 30, 2010
Edison, NJ
That did it, I S-ONed and then I ran LazyPanda's S-OFF. Rooted using some root thing (will post exactly what in the morning ) and flashed Benny3's CleanROM. Hulu works like a charm!

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
I got it working after I decided to flash MeanROM. Didn't require any further bootloader changes. So S-OFF may be the key, but I'm guessing I had edited build.prop or something else that was causing Hulu to throw an error.

bartcrusades

Aug 30, 2010
Edison, NJ
I think my issue was either the Red Text Removal Mod or using the RegawMod root and unlock tool. This time around I just used LazyPanda and Hulu works.

johninhampton

Nov 18, 2008
Hulu Works!

I am rooted and running MEANROM version 1.1. [which rocks!] After emailing HUlU to which they replied that Evo LTE is not yet a supported device, I ran LazyPanda's S-OFF and NOW Hulu works!:good:

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
man i relocked from htc dev off. then stock ruu. went 100% stock. then rooted it. then ran lazypanda in linux. within like 10 minutes of it being out. still hulu doesnt work at all. so its not s-off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm getting so sick of these media, cell phone, internet, and cable companies telling me what I can and can't do all the time. You can use this app, but not if you use an HDMI cord, and you can view this but not that, and you can't touch the device you use or we will take it away, OH, but we won't stop charging you a monthly fee for the service you can't use anymore. FRUSTRATING!

Me too. That's why I buy audiobooks from Ambling instead of audible.com, and buy things like the Louis CK comedy special and the recent John Stewart debate special when things like that appear. $5, no DRM, no proprietary formats. Selection sucks when you try to avoid the mainstream content vendors, but the only way to ever improve the situation is to do what little you can when you can, and make it so that being good to you earns your money, and being bad to you does not earn your money. Stop paying them and they will do whatever they need to to get you to pay them agaon, or someone else will.