note 10+ 5G SM-N976N

Search This thread

minipac13

Sep 15, 2019
Dubai
Yes i think, once i turn on/off airplane mode i get 5G for few second and thats all. I believe if it is KOO version which unbranded Korean than should be ok.

Now problem is how to change CSC from KTC to KOO ???

vysus

Apr 26, 2007
Ok, made some investigations.
Unfortunately, the only way is to flash the combination file, unavailable yet, following this procedure.

Last edited:
Reactions: minipac13

minipac13

Sep 15, 2019
Dubai
so last one was done for N9760 whihc is for china !!! nice.

what i understood once we flash with combination file and than once with stock firmware ? is that correct ? ( using ODIN) .... which part i can change the CSC ? no one has steps for Note 10 plus yet.

Kalm_Traveler

Dec 8, 2011
Those instructions won't work because we don't have a csc zip file in the firmware. I decrypted and extracted the CSC img file. Maybe different for other regions or devices but definitely there is no csc zip in the 976N firmware.

minipac13

Sep 15, 2019
Dubai
Did u download via mac or windows? If windows after unzipping with winrar u will have 5 file with MD5 extensions. AP, BL, CSC, CP, HOME_CSC

I flashed already with KOO but nothing changed, flashed with KT also nothing changed

Kalm_Traveler

Dec 8, 2011
Did u download via mac or windows? If windows after unzipping with winrar u will have 5 file with MD5 extensions. AP, BL, CSC, CP, HOME_CSC

I flashed already with KOO but nothing changed, flashed with KT also nothing changed

Windows

you have to extract the CSC or HOME_CSC .tar.md5 files, then use a tool to decrypt/decompress the product.img file, and finally an img file extractor to pull the contents out.

There is no csc zip file in these modern Pie firmwares.

Ilyuhaid

Nov 8, 2019
Are there any news about changing CSC on Korean N976N?? I have the same situation, doesn't connect to 5g

mcgilacoty

Oct 29, 2016
Are there any news about changing CSC on Korean N976N?? I have the same situation, doesn't connect to 5g

I'm in the same boat.

My biggest issue is not being able to install the samsung vvm apk. I have no way of knowing if I've received a voicemail or not.

I'm rooted with twrp, but can't find the csc file in any root directory so I haven't been able to manually change it. I will try dr. ketans rom, but please give me your suggestions in the meantime.

*update*

The only way I have found to change the CSC is by flashing and rooting with the desired CSC's firmware.

Then, edit the efs/imei/csc file to one of the 4 available CSC's. KOO is the unbranded CSC which is what I went with. You will need to reflash with the firmware from the desired CSC. That should do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilyuhaid

Ilyuhaid

Nov 8, 2019
I'm in the same boat.

My biggest issue is not being able to install the samsung vvm apk. I have no way of knowing if I've received a voicemail or not.

I'm rooted with twrp, but can't find the csc file in any root directory so I haven't been able to manually change it. I will try dr. ketans rom, but please give me your suggestions in the meantime.

*update*

The only way I have found to change the CSC is by flashing and rooting with the desired CSC's firmware.

Then, edit the efs/imei/csc file to one of the 4 available CSC's. KOO is the unbranded CSC which is what I went with. You will need to reflash with the firmware from the desired CSC. That should do it.
Thank you for info, If i manage to change CSC following this way and then flash clean firmware without root will i be able to keep my changed CSC and recieve updates?? What about 5g? Will it work on KOO?

Last edited:

mcgilacoty

Oct 29, 2016
Thank you for info, If i manage to change CSC following this way and then flash clean firmware without root will i be able to keep my changed CSC and recieve updates?? What about 5g? Will it work on KOO?

I'm not sure if flashing back will rewrite the efs root folder, but it shouldn't if you're flashing the coordinating firmware anyway. Everything on the phone should work as normal as long as you are on the right carrier network. Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Ilyuhaid

Nov 8, 2019
I used root to change CSC from LUC to KOO and then instaled clean firmware, everything went well i still have KOO, the problem is... it connects to 5g and then looses the connection and switched back to LTE.. weird, maybe i need to go to my carrier and pay for it first or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used CSC for KOO byr still no lick

Let me know which CSC maybe i am doing something wrong
    You said you flashed KOO firmware. That is not the same thing as switching CSC after booting up.

There is a phone menu to change the CSC. You need to do this, which will change the CSC setting on the EFS partition which is what you need to do.
    no use and help from link since this was for combination firmware.

did you change ur CSC ? which method?

The SM-N976N has 4 CSC options built-in. KOO is the unbranded Samsung code. There are 3 for the 3 major carriers in Korea: SK Telecom, kt Olleh, and LG U+

No I did not change my CSC because I bought my phone in a Samsung store in Seoul.
    So, you think your model doesn't hang 5G signal due to KT brand?
    Did you tried this how-to?
    Ok, made some investigations.
    Unfortunately, the only way is to flash the combination file, unavailable yet, following this procedure.