Note 10+ Exynos Variant

Search This thread

TheForceUnleashed

Feb 11, 2012
Louisiana
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
To update my earlier reply, just tested the FD model with Verizon.

VOLTE works out of the box.
HD voice works.
I've seen 2 x CA with bands 4 and 2 and then 5 and 2.

So while we are both going to see 3 x CA or 4 x CA, it can def do 2 x CA on the 3 carriers I tested.

What surprised me that VOLTE works out of the box for all 3 carriers.View attachment 4819270

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Did you activate it as a BYOD on Verizon? Or did you use a SIM from an already activated Verizon device?(I plan on doing the latter since I’m coming from iPhone) I didnt want to spend $850 and find out it didn’t work at all with Verizon, lol.

On my iPhone, the Band thats usually picked up is Band 13, but in my area 4 and 2 are just as prevalent and even 66 shows where I live.

Last edited:

carandcar

Sep 22, 2010
New Jersey
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Yes it would, no you would flash a zip in TWRP. The CSC is mainly a folder under /system, as well as changing 3 letters in two files on your EFS partition.

Nice! Thank you!
Can you tell me which files in the EFS partition need changing and to what? Also, does anything need to be done to the new CSC before I make it a flashable zip? I've been looking around and I don't see any much info on the Note 10+ regarding this.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Did you activate it as a BYOD on Verizon? Or did you use a SIM from an already activated Verizon device?(I plan on doing the latter since I’m coming from iPhone) I didnt want to spend $850 and find out it didn’t work at all with Verizon, lol.

On my iPhone, the Band thats usually picked up is Band 13, but in my area 4 and 2 are just as prevalent and even 66 shows where I live.

Just used on already active Verizon SIM and it just worked.

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
I take this as a challenge, my friend :)

Hold my beer...
Great stuff. :) It would be awesome to see an US variant 10+ right along side an international variant tested thoroughly, in multiple locations (city, country side etc...) and with screen shots showing the bands that they're connected to.

Thanks in advance!

HD voice works.

So while we are both going to see 3 x CA or 4 x CA, it can def do 2 x CA on the 3 carriers I tested.

What surprised me that VOLTE works out of the box for all 3 carriers.View attachment 4819270

Thanks for the info. Very interesting indeed. I'm really curious about the 10+ (F/FD variant) on T-mobile... Hmmm...

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Great stuff. :) It would be awesome to see an US variant 10+ right along side an international variant tested thoroughly, in multiple locations (city, country side etc...) and with screen shots showing the bands that they're connected to.

Thanks in advance!Thanks for the info. Very interesting indeed. I'm really curious about the 10+ (F/FD variant) on T-mobile... Hmmm...
On T-Mobile I saw it having 2xCA on bands 12+4 and 2+4.

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
It should be noted that with Exynos F models, USA Carrier Aggregation does not work properly.
While the phone will function properly, it will not have the same network speeds as an equivalent USA model.
For example, I had in my possession a N960F and did a speed test next to a N920T (Note 5) and I was getting like 70-90Mbps down on the Note 5 and was only getting 15-30Mbps on the N960F in the exact same spots.
I've tested this many times and actually also with the N950F before that.
I'm only posting about this just to make people aware. I'm, sure there are some that will take the trade-off of slower speeds to gain the ability of root and development, but there are also some out there that prefer that their speeds not be gimped.
This has been discussed on many XDA threads in the Note 8, S9, Note 9, S10 forums for a couple of years now and can be duplicated exactly as mentioned.
If anyone has figured out a way to get proper USA CA on F model phones I'm one of the first that would love to hear about it.
I'm sure @iunlock would also. ;)

Yes indeed.

Along with @DeeXii around the same time I had the F variant of the Note 8 along side my T-Mobile Note 8 and ran numerous tests.

TL;DR, in areas with a lot of cell towers (in the city etc...) you won't notice a big difference (IF) your within a strong range (close) from a tower. When this happens you're connected to a single strong frequency.

While travelling on the road with both devices at the time it was very apparent that the F model was not handing off well (tower to tower), while the TM variant as expected did just fine.

It is in my opinion that those who have claimed that CA works on international variants are being tricked by getting real good speeds due to being connected to a strong signal from a near by tower / area. It's convincing I know...

We're convinced unless proven otherwise that CA is an issue with the international Exynos variants, whether it's the F or Korean N models. Yes, I'm aware of some N models showing icons that may say otherwise, however, it is yet to be seen if the CA is truly working as most people who have the international variants, often don't have the US variants handy to be able to compare them side by side under different conditions.

Believe me... I want to see CA to work lol.... I really really do, because I'd rather have an Exynos variant 100% over a locked down US variant.

As I wait for my Note 10+ to arrive tomorrow, as excited as I am for a new device, since it can not be rooted there's still an uncertainty in the back of my mind that doesn't bring me much assurance that I'll be 100% sold rocking a non rooted phone due to my apps that require root, tweaks that I do etc...

Engineering leak, oh if you're out there please show yourself.... :silly:

Hello all,
@Kalm_Traveler

so now i have a S20u HK Snapdragon 9880 ,,, and 'im using it on t-mo and i'm not getting carrier aggregation either... so it's not just a exynos thing

Reactions: iunlock
Mar 4, 2016
Hi I have Note10+ SM-N975F. I have download One UI2.0 since December and since then I didn't receive any security updates. I bought my phone from Egypt and I download the German Version of the Software. I'm willing to download One 2.1 on my phone. Will it cause any issues? Will the software overwrite cause I'm like installing the software(android 10) twice?
Thanks

gubbilo144

Feb 16, 2012
Wilkes Barre

Hey do you know what exynos model to buy of the note 10 plus to work with Verizon. I had the note 9 exynos dual Sim worked with Verizon after using Kim's travels csc and Dr ketan rom or just worked out of the box also. Just want to make sure I buy the right model thank you in advance

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

HD voice works.

Hey do you know what exynos model to buy of the note 10 plus to work with Verizon. I had the note 9 exynos dual Sim worked with Verizon after using Kim's travels csc and Dr ketan rom or just worked out of the box also. Just want to make sure I buy the right model thank you in advance

Yes indeed.

Along with @DeeXii around the same time I had the F variant of the Note 8 along side my T-Mobile Note 8 and ran numerous tests.

TL;DR, in areas with a lot of cell towers (in the city etc...) you won't notice a big difference (IF) your within a strong range (close) from a tower. When this happens you're connected to a single strong frequency.

While travelling on the road with both devices at the time it was very apparent that the F model was not handing off well (tower to tower), while the TM variant as expected did just fine.

It is in my opinion that those who have claimed that CA works on international variants are being tricked by getting real good speeds due to being connected to a strong signal from a near by tower / area. It's convincing I know...

We're convinced unless proven otherwise that CA is an issue with the international Exynos variants, whether it's the F or Korean N models. Yes, I'm aware of some N models showing icons that may say otherwise, however, it is yet to be seen if the CA is truly working as most people who have the international variants, often don't have the US variants handy to be able to compare them side by side under different conditions.

Believe me... I want to see CA to work lol.... I really really do, because I'd rather have an Exynos variant 100% over a locked down US variant.

As I wait for my Note 10+ to arrive tomorrow, as excited as I am for a new device, since it can not be rooted there's still an uncertainty in the back of my mind that doesn't bring me much assurance that I'll be 100% sold rocking a non rooted phone due to my apps that require root, tweaks that I do etc...

Engineering leak, oh if you're out there please show yourself.... :silly:
AGREED! I just switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ SM-N975F INTERNATIONAL TO
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N986U AMERICAN and when looking at the dbma signal in about phone, status information, sim card status, signal strength, my signal went from a low on note 10 of -102 dbma
to -84 dbma on note 20. For those who don't know, when you reach -102 dbma your signal can drop off!
So the lower the number, the better! An employee at Verizon said that rooting destroys something in the sim card and that the signal becomes less (take that for what it is worth).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should be noted that with Exynos F models, USA Carrier Aggregation does not work properly.
    While the phone will function properly, it will not have the same network speeds as an equivalent USA model.
    For example, I had in my possession a N960F and did a speed test next to a N920T (Note 5) and I was getting like 70-90Mbps down on the Note 5 and was only getting 15-30Mbps on the N960F in the exact same spots.
    I've tested this many times and actually also with the N950F before that.
    I'm only posting about this just to make people aware. I'm, sure there are some that will take the trade-off of slower speeds to gain the ability of root and development, but there are also some out there that prefer that their speeds not be gimped.
    This has been discussed on many XDA threads in the Note 8, S9, Note 9, S10 forums for a couple of years now and can be duplicated exactly as mentioned.
    If anyone has figured out a way to get proper USA CA on F model phones I'm one of the first that would love to hear about it.
    I'm sure @iunlock would also. ;)
    Hey Kalm_Traveler. Long time no chat. :)

Please do that. I just picked up a SM-N975F/DS and would love to see that happen. I remember your old N8 thread well.
    haha yeah I have learned a bit more since that last one, and just today found a tool for decrypting the keystrings.dat file which should make a new patch even better.
    yeah if you wan't an international version they will always be GSM where some of the US still uses CDMA. so whatever you bought you would need to check it supports the signal on network you want to use it on. also using an international phone you generally need to use a SIM from the local market for a set amount of time, my UK unlocked Note 9 actually has a disclaimer on the box it needed 5 minutes of calls with a european SIM before it would accept an international one, so that is also something you will have to watch out for or you end up having to pay to get an international sim and a several minute call at international rates to unlock the device for a US SIM.
    I'm getting my info from several tests done by myself and several others.
    The tests on our Note 10 devices match exactly the tests we have done on Note8 and Note 9 international Exynos F models that people have been testing for years that simply do not do US Carrier Aggregation, even with the US CSC.
    We have had two Note 10 F models, an unlocked US model, and a T-Mobile US Model. At the same exact location, my old Note 5 N920T pulls higher download speeds (because of Carrier Aggregation) than my brother in law's N975F.
    Go find a T-Mobile N975U and see for yourself, however, I am not sure where you are located. I am sure there are some places in the country that might produce the same speeds on their phones simply because the towers in that area are older and do not have all of the bands some major markets have.
    In those locations, you will probably see average download speeds anyways. In this situation, an Exynos model is acceptable as the speeds will be the same. However, when traveling the data will still be gimped obviously.

Bottom line is that if a person in a major market gets an N975F and flashes the T-Mobile CSC they will still have gimped data speeds when compared to a US snapdragon variant, period.
    Believe me, there is no one more than myself and @iunlock that want CA to work 100% 1:1 with the N975U model but it's just not the case. It is what it is.

Also, it should be noted that CA does not just affect download speeds. It can also affect signal reliability in certain situations.

I take this as a challenge, my friend :)

Hold my beer...
    Would flashing a different CSC get rid of the current carrier boot and shutdown animation? And, to flash a Tmo CSC on a rooted sm-n975f be as simple as flashing the new CSC in Odin?

Yes it would, no you would flash a zip in TWRP. The CSC is mainly a folder under /system, as well as changing 3 letters in two files on your EFS partition.