• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Note 10 plus fingerprint scanner issues

Search This thread

mos.quito

Feb 3, 2020
Got the phone few days ago. Most of the time, fingerprint works on first or second attempts. But now and then it takes 4-5 attempts. and on two occasions i had to try 8-9 times to get it to work. Is it a problem only i am facing or its a common problem? i already updated phone after buying. should i get it replaced or it will be ok with next update
Thanks.

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
common problem i think. not as fast as the previous one on N9

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
Well, it is not widespread or "common", some users complain about this, but this issue has been discussed at lenght since the first days of this device, do a search, you will find some useful tips, My sensor is very fast and accurate, I think it depends on several factors, temp, moisture, the way you registered the fingers, screen protectors, etc

Reactions: kxdaorbit

Mshawnlane

Nov 4, 2018
I understand what you are talking about. I was so frustrated with the phone when I first got it. I deleted all my finger prints and then set them up again. Make sure to slowly follow the fingerprint instructions when adding. I added multiple fingers and some more than once. I have not had any issues since. I have also read some people say remove the factory screen protector. I still have mine on with no issues. Good luck!

mos.quito

Feb 3, 2020
I understand what you are talking about. I was so frustrated with the phone when I first got it. I deleted all my finger prints and then set them up again. Make sure to slowly follow the fingerprint instructions when adding. I added multiple fingers and some more than once. I have not had any issues since. I have also read some people say remove the factory screen protector. I still have mine on with no issues. Good luck!

did you have the same issue as mine? like u had to make several attempts and sometimes even 8-9 times to make it work?

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
only time I've had problems with mine is when my hands have been extremely dry, putting slight moisture on my finger can make it scan better, but for the most part it works perfect unless I'm somewhere hot and dry.

Reactions: kxdaorbit and winol

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I have similar issues when I have a screen protector on the phone. Sometimes I have to press multiple times, sometimes I have to press harder. Finally going without anything on the screen and the sensor works like a charm.

Playa Cat

Mar 24, 2015
Jacksonville
Screen touch sensitivity.

On my Note 10+ 5G (SM-N976U) I have a setting on the Display page (scroll down near the bottom) that increases touch sensitivity specifically for use with screen protectors. The screen itself is Gorilla Glass 6, which is twice as strong as Gorilla Glass 5, so, if you are the careful sort, you can get by without a glass protector. Even with an extra curved glass protector, with touch sensitivity turned up, I can use light gloves & still the capacitance works fine.

Reactions: winol

peekie

May 29, 2004
HTC One (M8)
Nexus 6
Mine drives me mad , adding finger prints mostly does not work , i cant record my thumb print at all , was wondering if the sensor is not correct under the screen ,its always hit or miss on my phone , with my wifes note 10 there are no problems

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
Mine drives me mad , adding finger prints mostly does not work , i cant record my thumb print at all , was wondering if the sensor is not correct under the screen ,its always hit or miss on my phone , with my wifes note 10 there are no problems
Make a warranty claim, there is no point to complain here, sorry

clax6

Jun 13, 2011
I'm missing the iris scanner from the note 9.
Might send it back and go back to the 9

Belimawr

Aug 26, 2016
I'm missing the iris scanner from the note 9.
Might send it back and go back to the 9

the sensor works well as long as you don't have dry hands, lick your finger/thumb and it will work every time, sad but true. it's something I realise after it working flawlessly while drinking in a beer garden with condensed glasses but the rest of the time it was hit and miss. seems if your skin is too dry it doesn't read well, but add a bit moisture and it works perfectly. guess it has something to do with the technology in the new sensor using vibration instead of imaging.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
the sensor works well as long as you don't have dry hands, lick your finger/thumb and it will work every time, sad but true. it's something I realise after it working flawlessly while drinking in a beer garden with condensed glasses but the rest of the time it was hit and miss. seems if your skin is too dry it doesn't read well, but add a bit moisture and it works perfectly. guess it has something to do with the technology in the new sensor using vibration instead of imaging.

Yes, lick your finger everytime you want it to work in the midst of a pandemic that seems to be spread by the virus getting transmitted from the hands to the face everytime you touch it...
You can also try this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-10+/themes/fingerprint-speed-hack-t4071893
No need to lick fingers now...

kimtiti

Mar 28, 2021
Excellent advice from ultramag69, this mostly solved my problem, but I'm not happy with Samsung, This problem should not happen on such an expensive device from a famous brand

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Excellent advice from ultramag69, this mostly solved my problem, but I'm not happy with Samsung, This problem should not happen on such an expensive device from a famous brand
The other advice I've found is to set up multiple finger prints with the same finger (you can usually set 5 fingerprints). This will improve the hit rate of the fingerprint sensor...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    only time I've had problems with mine is when my hands have been extremely dry, putting slight moisture on my finger can make it scan better, but for the most part it works perfect unless I'm somewhere hot and dry.

Yes, lick your finger everytime you want it to work in the midst of a pandemic that seems to be spread by the virus getting transmitted from the hands to the face everytime you touch it...
    You can also try this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-10+/themes/fingerprint-speed-hack-t4071893
    No need to lick fingers now...
    Well, it is not widespread or "common", some users complain about this, but this issue has been discussed at lenght since the first days of this device, do a search, you will find some useful tips, My sensor is very fast and accurate, I think it depends on several factors, temp, moisture, the way you registered the fingers, screen protectors, etc
    Screen touch sensitivity.

On my Note 10+ 5G (SM-N976U) I have a setting on the Display page (scroll down near the bottom) that increases touch sensitivity specifically for use with screen protectors. The screen itself is Gorilla Glass 6, which is twice as strong as Gorilla Glass 5, so, if you are the careful sort, you can get by without a glass protector. Even with an extra curved glass protector, with touch sensitivity turned up, I can use light gloves & still the capacitance works fine.