• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

note 10 very slow camera

Search This thread

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
just got a used note 10 from ebay, was trying it out, and notice the camera speed is very slow. I still have my note 8, after i compare the camera, i can definitely tell the note 10 camera is a lot slower.
any idea how to make the camera faster? thanks.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sorry, let me clarify that. When I try to take a moving object it becomes blurry. Is that you do with the shutter speed?

Look at the exif data for the shutter speed.
Use the Pro mode if you need to control the shutter speed.
Unfortunately it lacks aperture priority mode as it has no adjustable aperture.

You can also set a AF lock (yellow circle) at the point where you want to lock the focus/exposure in Photo mode.
It has object tracking (the yellow square) but it has limits, for mostly for slow moving subjects.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
so its a step backwards for note 10, vs note 8?
Hardly, the 10+ has a very good cam. Just be aware of it's limitations as in all camera systems.
Learn it's different settings, functions and how to incorporate them effectively for what you're shooting.
See the world as it sees the world and you will get much better results.
Of course I'm assuming your cam is functioning normally. If you're getting good still shots in fair/good light, not using digital magnification, and getting good shots, it's likely operating normally.