Note 20 Ultra [email protected]

Search This thread

roryh86

Dec 27, 2010
It is just cosmetic, Not really WQHD+ @ 120hz
What your last (3rd) screenshot showing is just cosmetic. Device running 120hz but showing WQHD+ is just a cosmetic.
How to confirm it is really FHD+ or WQHD+ ?
1.Font size is obvious, you won't see any difference by method you shown, in real WQHD+ font size reduces.
2.Take screenshot and open in paint shop or similar that showing size in pixel, it will show 1080x2316 and not 1440x3088 in case you capture in WQHD+
3.Install any app that shows info e.g. ScreenInfo from play store and it will show screen size as per FHD+ and not WQHD+

So with this setup, you are only running FHD+ @120Hz nothing else. If anyone seeing difference from FHD+ @ 120 hz is likely a placebo.

68,518 thanks, what a legend. :good:

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
What your last (3rd) screenshot showing is cosmetic. Device running 120hz but showing WQHD+ is not real.
1.Font size is obvious, you won't see any difference by method you shown, in real WQHD+ font size reduces.
2.Take screenshot and open in paint shop or similar that showing size in pixel, it will show 1080x2316 and not 1440x3088 in case you capture in WQHD+
3.Install any app that shows info e.g. ScreenInfo from play store and it will show screen size as per FHD+ and not WQHD+

So with this setup, you are only running FHD+ @120Hz nothing else. If anyone seeing difference from FHD+ @ 120 hz is likely a placebo.

Yeah, it's pretty cosmetic, but I applaud the effort. This is definitely a start. Who knows, maybe someone will figure out another workaround that is even better. Would be nice if Samsung officially did this, but not sure about that. I have gotten use to [email protected] Samsung will Ilikely bring the [email protected] to the S30 Ultra next year, though I'll still be keeping this device.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I found a website which says than it’s possible to enable 120hz at qhd
Please check this out. it also tells how to do that
@tribalfs please check and update

There's also a more earlier discussion regarding this in S20 forum.
Already tested this a while back in Nov 2020. You can check in the link below.

Mcmike2013

Mar 6, 2021
What your last (3rd) screenshot showing is cosmetic. Device running 120hz but showing WQHD+ is not real.

I did this trick and it says I'm just shy of 1440p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-013949_ScreenInfo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322-013949_ScreenInfo.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 183

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think the limit is with the panel itself but driver/interface bandwidth.

But I'm sure there will be many discussions on ways to turn it on just like the S20Ultra!

Personally, I'm OK with a lower res @120Hz. There's only one app I use where I can actually see the difference @QHD and the overall fluid feel @120 everywhere to me is worth it. Not to mention the battery life hit.

Eventually, it will arrive. I'd say we're lucky to have it.
    I did it.
    1. Set adaptive smoothness at fhd+.
    2. Install settings database editor from play store and follow instructions to grant app write secure settings permission.
    3. In the app, select Global Table in the dropdown and find the "display_size_forced" line. Edit the value to "1440,3088". Then select Secure Table, find"defsult_display_size_forced" and set it to "1440,3088". Lastly, find "default_display_density_forced" and "display_density_forced" and set both to "600".
    I found a website which says than it’s possible to enable 120hz at qhd
    Please check this out. it also tells how to do that
    @tribalfs please check and update