Note 20 ultra black screen of death

Search This thread

Raid3n__pt

Nov 2, 2021
Samsung doesnt cares as this is a cbinese phone in europe and their warranty isnt international.

In europe warranty is 2 years
But i rushed in the hype and bougth from wondamobile, wich has a huge mistakrle, as this phone with 512 gb and snapdragon in my country was 1500 to 1700 euros in last october and i pay 1300.

Just a crazy move but well tougth samsung was above apple due to inovations like the dex unfortunately its filled with problems plaguing the samsung top of the like phones.

I just didnt searchrd about it.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Guys, if this is a software problem, the OP should try to revert back to an earlier firmware via ODIN.
You'll need to check to see if the bootloader is the same or you can brick it. Just be sure to use Home_CSC or you will factory reset your phone.

Raid3n__pt

Nov 2, 2021
Problem is now i restarted the phone again, and well dex cant conect, only screen mirroring .

As the phone is locked with number password, the screen is black so i cant input the password and via usb it only conects to certain programs if the phone is unlocked.

If odin requires conection via the phone its impossible, also cant know the firmare as i cant acess the phones data now.

I think its the software due to the one ui error that appeared when the screen worked again and blacked out after 10 minutes.

But cant be sure as the screen is now not working for 3 days.

And its off warranty, as wondamobile only offers 1 year.

Never buying again on websites even if its more expensive in the country you live its better due to warranty.
Even expensive phones nowadays are crap

kradcliffe

Sep 28, 2010
Aberdeen
But you already said you dropped the phone and the screen is damaged so even if it came with an EU warranty it would be void as Samsung will not accept phoes with physical damage for repair. You are contradicting yourself here.

Raid3n__pt

Nov 2, 2021
The phone fell once men, its got a minor scratch and a very small ball shaped damage but its not enough to destroy a screen!

As this happened like 3 weeks ago.

I know Samsung is picky nowadays with everything, thats why im never buying it again.

As this is a very common thing on note 20 ultra, note 10, s20 and s21, but as i bougth it when the phone was launched in the market i didnt knew this.

Of course i know i will have to pay for its repairs men.

bolamaged

Feb 26, 2008
hello
i had the same problem
and after the screen went black for 2 day , it came back and worked for a few hours.. then went off again and Never came back
i tried everything, resets , cables , connecting to Dex or Hdmi , updating.. but Never worked
i went to Samsung and they said screen must be replaced ( will pay for it as i am out of warranty)
can you tell me what have you done or if anything worked for you?

helen2

May 19, 2014
Samsung Galaxy A71
hello
i had the same problem
and after the screen went black for 2 day , it came back and worked for a few hours.. then went off again and Never came back
i tried everything, resets , cables , connecting to Dex or Hdmi , updating.. but Never worked
i went to Samsung and they said screen must be replaced ( will pay for it as i am out of warranty)
can you tell me what have you done or if anything worked for you?
this is what scares me. I have a note 20 ultra I have blocked the updates I have android 11 and the warranty expires in December 2022 (the old owners at Apile 2021 made it change but not why) I have read many posts it seems to know a camera software problem (what firmware did you have?) For this reason alone I don't know whether to change cell phone and take 512 gb s22 ;(

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
this is what scares me. I have a note 20 ultra I have blocked the updates I have android 11 and the warranty expires in December 2022 (the old owners at Apile 2021 made it change but not why) I have read many posts it seems to know a camera software problem (what firmware did you have?) For this reason alone I don't know whether to change cell phone and take 512 gb s22 ;(
If it's running well just leave it be. Upgrades break things... especially Android 12. Security isn't an issue if you don't do anything stupid.
The S22 isn't proven, and what you're holding in your hand is likely a better phone overall.

The N20U display issues are likely confined to certain production runs or even just one batch*. In other words your unit may be absolutely A-OK... just as it appears to be.

*Samsung will substitute smaller chipsets and components if needed due unavailability during a production run. If it's a chipset, the new update firmware's instruction set might may not be compatible with the substituted part. If it's a componet it may be out of tolerance for the issued update.

Samsung first has to physically examine the effected phones then correct the firmware update to include the correct instructions for those chipsets or components. That takes time.
If you don't update you won't potentially go for that ride... by either sending it in or waiting for the revised update🤣

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This seems to have happened to a lot of other people too, and some of them have said the display has come back on.

Samsung need to get a grip and offer some advice to affected cusomers.
    I was indeed going to buy the note 10 plus back then but then i saw the n20 and all the advertisement and let myself into the hype.

Even bougth first a oneplus 8 pro but it got stolen in spain and i was refunded

Well going to try for one more day and see if it comes back to life,wich seems like a dream rigth now.

In last case will try a techician but its going to be expensive as this is a korean phone in europe🤣🤣🤣.