Note 20 ultra d/S firmware

Search This thread

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
I don't find note 20 ultra Dual sim firmware. Does the N986b/ds use same firmware as the N986b without loosing dual sim function? Reason I'm thinking on flashing is cause I have a xfa version and network reception is really bad and thinking on flashing btu. Do u guys think that a new firmware might help? (all other devices I get 3 bar at home and with note 20 ultra sometimes I have no network)

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
Check here for your required FW.

N986B is the Global Exynos model (it is Dual-SIM = DS); in case if any regions are single-SIM for this particular model (I'm not aware as such), the N986B FW will still be the same as for DS.
Thank you. Do u think if I flash a different country firmware, might help with poor signal?

elmor0

• Mar 20, 2009
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Thank you. Do u think if I flash a different country firmware, might help with poor signal?
    It's possible I think.
    But..... only try other Exynos region FW (cannot flash FW for SnapDragon variants on N986B without running into problems).
    Check on Note 20 threads regarding properly changing CSC.
    Also, there are some .xml modification solutions that enable you to activate extra 4g/5g bands - worth a search & try.
    (Sorry I don't have the links to hand, but recall seeing these discussions before on N20 XDA forums).

Braggster

Feb 9, 2013
    Bolton
    I'm with Three UK does this help

Cheers eddie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-213758_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-213758_Settings.jpg
      301.4 KB · Views: 21
    • Screenshot_20210502-213810_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210502-213810_Settings.jpg
      148.3 KB · Views: 21

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
    If I download BTU firmware and just flash it with Odin won't it just install firmware and radio software? Sorry I been away from Samsung for some years now. In past was just easy to flash a d all would work.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
    Waratah
    If I download BTU firmware and just flash it with Odin won't it just install firmware and radio software? Sorry I been away from Samsung for some years now. In past was just easy to flash a d all would work.
    When you un-compress the firmware download you will get five files. Each go into a specific part of ODIN - can't mistake it - but if you want to keep data intact you will need to flash Home_CSC. This will NOT change your regional CSC however.
    You also need the "hacked" version of ODIN found on this forum easily.

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
    When you un-compress the firmware download you will get five files. Each go into a specific part of ODIN - can't mistake it - but if you want to keep data intact you will need to flash Home_CSC. This will NOT change your regional CSC however.
    You also need the "hacked" version of ODIN found on this forum easily.
    If I flash that 5 files will I still be able to get Ota?

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
    When I flash should I use CSC or HOME CSC. So that I keep getting updates? I think that if I flash UK international firmware, will sort alot of my issues. It feels in my country software is never very stable.

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
    Hopefully they'll come with a solution. I would like to flash a different rom (different country) and still get Ota updates as normal. I don't wanna be flashing every month

specia1one

Mar 29, 2013
    These are stock roms, why do you need to unlock your bootloader?
    I only want to flash a btu firmware. I don't need custom roms. Just want an advise and guidance. Cause I don't know now how it works. I was told here that I won't get otas if I flash a btu rom on my note 20 ultra that currently has xfa

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
    Waratah
    I only want to flash a btu firmware. I don't need custom roms. Just want an advise and guidance. Cause I don't know now how it works. I was told here that I won't get otas if I flash a btu rom on my note 20 ultra that currently has xfa
    Yes I understand but why is someone talking about unlocking your bootloader?
    You just want to change your CSC...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Yes I understand but why is someone talking about unlocking your bootloader?
      You just want to change your CSC...
      I end up selling my note 20 ultra. Signal was bad. I'm using my p30 pro for now until I get something else. But I doubt will be a Samsung.
      Thanks for help guys
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone