• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Note 20 Ultra eSIM update is here!! (T-mobile USA)

Search This thread

dadmi

Sep 15, 2012
yes. first round i did with 13.4 patched Odin, then again and again with 3.13.1patched as mentioned and follow exactly each step but still no sucess. Before flashing, my fone was on the lastest XAA june update. I even contacted T-Mobile to see if they can just unlock it for me but they ask for US citizent ID which i'm not.

Update: the only thing that different from the guide is that i'm downloading the FW from https://samfw.com with XAA and TMB version other that Frija because i cannot get it to work. is that make something different?

update 2: all the tutorial was all 2 or 3 months back and they mention first get back to U1 N986U1UES2DUC1 and then flash N986USQU2DUC8 over that one and I followed that process. Should I try with lastest FW update N986U1UES2DUE1? Havent try this one.
Was able convert U1 to TMob version yesterday and activated Tmobile esim with no issues. Firmware used was the one linked in the first post.

tommytep

Jul 13, 2021
Was able convert U1 to TMob version yesterday and activated Tmobile esim with no issues. Firmware used was the one linked in the first post.

Thanks bro. Will give it another try. What is your flashing procedure? from which base you're on before flashing to U?

update: still no hope. i've converted to U from latest U1 FW using Odin 3.13.1.3B patch, remove sim and reset before update. Please share details of your process.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffATL

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks bro. Will give it another try. What is your flashing procedure? from which base you're on before flashing to U?

update: still no hope. i've converted to U from latest U1 FW using Odin 3.13.1.3B patch, remove sim and reset before update. Please share details of your process.
I noticed on person posted they flashed twice but I did not see earlier in the thread where they said that was necessary. I would just try with the latest TMO firmware. You flash without sim but then did you insert TMobile sim afterwards? Not sure if that is necessary , would have to read through the 3/4 pages again.

I want you to have success because I have not bought the Note yet but before I do want to make sure it is still possible. I wish they would bring dual sim support to the S20 so I would not have to spend a few hundred to switch phones.

radici

Jun 5, 2006
Bridgetown

What I'm going to try is... return to Bootloader 1 (Android 10 One UI ver 2) U1 firmware that still allowed the *#272 method of changing CSC. Switch my CSC to TMB, then remove sim and reboot to download mode, flash latest TMB Bootloader 2 Android 11 U fw. Hopefully I will see the TMB splash logo and such after doing that and all will work. If not, I shall just have to give up on this and revert to XAA U1 fw. Last resort, fingers crossed.

tommytep

Jul 13, 2021
What I'm going to try is... return to Bootloader 1 (Android 10 One UI ver 2) U1 firmware that still allowed the *#272 method of changing CSC. Switch my CSC to TMB, then remove sim and reboot to download mode, flash latest TMB Bootloader 2 Android 11 U fw. Hopefully I will see the TMB splash logo and such after doing that and all will work. If not, I shall just have to give up on this and revert to XAA U1 fw. Last resort, fingers crossed.
Any updates?

bigTINY779

You cant go back to bit1 from bit2... once on bit2 you are stuck

bigTINY779

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
This thread gets no love. XDA is not what it used to be. There used to be so much daily activity here. Seriously , not a lot of people must care about dual sim, either that or they are going with Google or Apple.

Anyone flash TMO rom on unlocked with BL2 and have success?

dadmi

Sep 15, 2012
This thread gets no love. XDA is not what it used to be. There used to be so much daily activity here. Seriously , not a lot of people must care about dual sim, either that or they are going with Google or Apple.

Anyone flash TMO rom on unlocked with BL2 and have success?
I did on 2 phones when no issues. Read my earlier posts.

Wilsonb

Nov 23, 2010
Austin
Im deciding on Note 20 Ultra w/ "n986usqs2due4"
or OnePlus 9 Pro

Thoughts

Doesn't look like root is possible after recent BL update..
:-(

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
S21s in the OneUI 4.0 Beta have eSim across carriers

I'm still debating trading in my S20 +for the Note - Unlocked getting down to $325 with EPP and trade, plus $50 Samsung store credit.... - can't decide, now that the Z Fold 3 is out and s20 will probably get eSim soon

Demaggot

Sep 15, 2021
Hi, everyone. I have note 20 ultra n986u1 version, but can't install TMB firmware, after all i still have XAA. Who can help me? tnx

UPD:
esim IMEI - grey and all zero - 0000000000000000
no sim manager
What wrong? who can help
PS I'm international user, and don't have t-mobile sim card.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have the One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) , eSim is reportedly enabled on Snapdragon all US variants
    Thanks! Great news

Wow that would be a great news. Where did you hear about this?
    Search one ui 4.0. The news is allover the place don't know how I missed it. Although looking like the beta for note 20 ultra isn't released yet just s21 series but it's safe to say the same applies to note 20 hopefully it stays on for the stable version.

Also the news is the beta is having some issues that might delay the stable release to late December early January. Let's hope we get it ASAP!
    Wow that would be a great news. Where did you hear about this?
    Guys,

FINALLY!!! Woohoo! We have eSIM support on Note 20 Ultra US Snapdragon version for T-mobile. There is an OTA you can download and then convert your physical SIM to eSIM :)
    I registered just to say thanks and that I FINALLY got this to work coming from a SM-N986U1, XAA Unlocked, from samsung.
    It tried this and it failed so many times, or the esim IMEI was greyed out.

Here's how I got it to work.

Backup everything, you are gonna nuke the phone at least twice. Make Sure you are on U1 to start. Use Frija, get XAA CSC (U1) and TMB CSC (U)

as of now that's (U1) N986U1UES2DUC1. Extract it to a folder. Download (U) N986USQU2DUC8, Extract it to a folder.

Backup everything.
    Sign out of ALL accounts. You are going to lose it all.
    Remove SIM
    Factory Data reset. Nuke the device. At startup screen, Reboot, hold down volume down and power and turn it off.
    Hold Vol up and down, and plug in USB. Hit Vol up on dim screen to go to download.
    Using Odin 3.13B Patched, flash all 4 U1 ( N986U1UES2DUC1 even if you are on U1, do it ): BL,AP, CP, CSC ( NOT HOME_CSC ).

Reboot. If it reboots to the red error screen, just choose reboot.

When you get to setup, power off, hold down volume down and power and turn it off.
    Hold Vol up and down, and plug in USB. Hit Vol up on dim screen to go to download.
    Using Odin 3.13B Patched, flash all 4 U ( N986USQU2DUC8 ): BL,AP, CP, CSC ( NOT HOME_CSC ).

Reboot. If it reboots to the red error screen, just choose reboot.

You should see the Tmobile splash screen. Go through setup don't connect to wifi and just decline as much as possible. You should get a tmobile TOS and Service crap page. If yes, you are good. Finish setup and verify that both IMEI are available.

(optional) Use ADB to clean up some of the crap..

Install SIM, It will do a carrier update.
    Restore your data.

Yay.
    yes. first round i did with 13.4 patched Odin, then again and again with 3.13.1patched as mentioned and follow exactly each step but still no sucess. Before flashing, my fone was on the lastest XAA june update. I even contacted T-Mobile to see if they can just unlock it for me but they ask for US citizent ID which i'm not.

Update: the only thing that different from the guide is that i'm downloading the FW from https://samfw.com with XAA and TMB version other that Frija because i cannot get it to work. is that make something different?

update 2: all the tutorial was all 2 or 3 months back and they mention first get back to U1 N986U1UES2DUC1 and then flash N986USQU2DUC8 over that one and I followed that process. Should I try with lastest FW update N986U1UES2DUE1? Havent try this one.

Will unlocked version of Note 20 Ultra get this update with eSim support on Tmobile?
    What update? tell us more.
    It was just released today along with April 's security patch.