Search This thread

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
plus.google.com
Yes , just run :

adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 2
Nice so basically it stays locked on 120hz with that adb command. Do got a question what if you want to go back to default on Adaptive, Is there a command for that Or is this the command if i decide to go back to default way, adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 1 (adaptive ).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using XDA Labs

Last edited:

dougmcsp

Nov 27, 2006
Boston
What app are you using to show the red hz?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yannichoongs.screenrefreshrate

Nice so basically it stays locked on 120hz with that adb command. Do got a question what if you want to go back to default on Adaptive, Is there a command for that Or is this the command if i decide to go back to default way, adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 1 (adaptive ).

Yes, to go back to default way you can either adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 1 to adaptive or adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 0 to standard.

Last edited:

ad44891

Mar 29, 2010

Ha.. That was gonna be my next question.. Thx Venom ??

ad44891

Mar 29, 2010
So... After running the command to lock it at 120hz.. To me its actually alot smoother.. Better performance also.. Battery drain is not a issue bout the same so I see it as a win.

yummygvina

Sep 14, 2020
So... After running the command to lock it at 120hz.. To me its actually alot smoother.. Better performance also.. Battery drain is not a issue bout the same so I see it as a win.

Could you explain to me how to use these commands and what should I do in order to keep the smoothness but still be able to maintain battery better?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Yes , just run :

adb shell settings put secure refresh_rate_mode 2

Many thanks for this info..Do you need this app to lock in the 120hz or do you just run the adb command with your phone plugged in into a command prompt?

Also I still haven't received the September patch, if you run this command and take an update does it revert back to adaptive?

Last edited:

dougmcsp

Nov 27, 2006
Boston
Many thanks for this info..Do you need this app to lock in the 120hz or do you just run the adb command with your phone plugged in into a command prompt?

No need the app , just run the adb command into a command prompt.

Also I still haven't received the September patch, if you run this command and take an update does it revert back to adaptive?

I'm not sure, but mostly likely we will have to run the command again depending on what the next update changes.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra using XDA Labs

So once you apply this setting you will see high in the settings where adaptive used to be correct? Also just switch to QHD switches the setting back to adaptive correct? You wont need to go back to adb to switch it back.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
No need the app , just run the adb command into a command prompt.

I'm not sure, but mostly likely we will have to run the command again depending on what the next update changes.

It appears that some apps like COD Mobile and Google Maps still turn it down to 60hz even after running this cmd prompt?

Last edited:

sugarcos

Dec 3, 2009
Note 20 ultra is marketing its display could drop to 10 hz when using static content. Anyone notice that drop? I see it only on 120 hz when using internet browser for example

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2011
Note 20 ultra is marketing its display could drop to 10 hz when using static content. Anyone notice that drop? I see it only on 120 hz when using internet browser for example
Nope, only 120hz, 96hz and 60hz. Now that you mention it that is quite odd. I wonder if these Hz reader apps don't go lower than 60?

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008

Nope, only 120hz, 96hz and 60hz. Now that you mention it that is quite odd. I wonder if these Hz reader apps don't go lower than 60?

So their statement is they have created a display that supports the ability to do this and list off some use cases.

The question is if the software is there yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Seems like Samsung has added some trick to their Note 20 Ultra, beside the Adaptive refresh option.
    = Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has a hidden 96Hz display mode=

Normally, adaptive refresh rate from display sesstings in Galaxy Note 20 Ultra allows the phone, based on the actual open application to refresh the screen from 1hz up to 120hz.
    With this 96hz hidden option you can restrict the adaptive refresh rate to work from 1hz up to 96hz allowing your phone to prolong battery life.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-96hz-refresh-rate-mode/amp/

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/sszb.s20.refresh

[{id=1, width=1440, height=3200, fps=60.000004},
    {id=2, width=1440, height=3200, fps=48.0},

{id=3, width=1080, height=2400, fps=120.00001},
    {id=4, width=1080, height=2400, fps=96.00001},
    {id=5, width=1080, height=2400, fps=60.000004},
    {id=6, width=1080, height=2400, fps=48.0},

{id=7, width=720, height=1600, fps=120.00001},
    {id=8, width=720, height=1600, fps=96.00001},
    {id=9, width=720, height=1600, fps=60.000004},
    {id=10, width=720, height=1600, fps=48.0}]

everyone says it is working. check and comment.
    cheers.
    Nice! but why do this? Imagine spending so much money on a phone to run it at 96hz
    If it's anything like the S20U then it surprisingly makes a significant difference in battery life, and can not tell the difference between 96hz and 120hz. On my S20U I got almost 2hrs more SOT running 96hz. Will give my Note 20U a couple weeks before I post results on the Note20U though.
    Thanks OP...working Note 20 Ultra

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Probably to save a little battery but still have the option of more then standard 60hz. Having different options is always a good thing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Now only if we could force 96hz and at 1440p.