Note 3 Neo N7505 Modem List for KitKat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
Hi Guys,
I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505 Modems only for KitKat 4.4.2
I will be adding all the modems available in Modem.bin .

What is a modem?

Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?

Sometimes some custom Roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following :
Poor 3G speeds
Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
Poor call reception

How to check:
Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

How to flash the Modem:

Open Odin and click on CP button the select Modem.bin file and make sure everything is unchecked just AutoReboot then press start and your device will reboot with the new Modem :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modem List:
  1. N7505XXUCNG2 (Middle East & Europe & South East Europe & Nordic countries)
  2. N7505XXUCNL1 (Hungary & Romania & Portugal & Bulgaria & Slovakia & Baltic)
  3. N7505XXUCNK1 (New Zealand )

Odin Download:
Odin3_v3.09
Odin3_v3.10.6

Last edited:

igy_tab

Dec 21, 2013
Metković
if someone put stock rom for example Hungary COA1 rom with CNL1 baseband version, can then put with Odin CNG2 modem driver for South East Europe. Is there any differents?

Last edited:

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
if someone put stock rom for example Hungary COA1 rom with CNL1 baseband version, can then put with Odin CNG2 modem driver for South East Europe. Is there any differents?

It depends on which country he live, maybe he will get better signal for network or worse signal.
If you have any problem with signal or wifi just try another modem.

claudioxe

Aug 14, 2014
I have the modem firmware N7505XXUCNG2 Italian released in October.
I have problems when switching from 4g to 3g for blocks.
In your modem bin above downloadable up is possible to date than the one I use? or should try the other modem?

Then I wanted to know if I make the flash konox goes to 1?
to restore just redo flash firmware or old modem?

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
I have the modem firmware N7505XXUCNG2 Italian released in October.
I have problems when switching from 4g to 3g for blocks.
In your modem bin above downloadable up is possible to date than the one I use? or should try the other modem?

Then I wanted to know if I make the flash konox goes to 1?
to restore just redo flash firmware or old modem?

You should try another Modem, try this one N7505XXUCNL1
to restore just flash the old modem.

I don't think it will trip Knox because you flash something official not modify, but I'm not sure!

Also Italian ver has old kernel you can flash latest one 14jan2015 it's more smooth&good battery...
but flashing kernel will trip Knox because you will use custom recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-neo/general/note-3-neo-n7505-stock-kernels-t3016284

claudioxe

Aug 14, 2014

I don't think it will trip Knox because you flash something official not modify, but I'm not sure!

Also Italian ver has old kernel you can flash latest one 14jan2015 it's more smooth&good battery...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-neo/general/note-3-neo-n7505-stock-kernels-t3016284

clarification
with odin 3.0.9 I have to select the CP and then I have to do the flash file modem.bin or do I create a file .tar.md5 (that include only modem.bin file) and then flash?

I ask because I had found a guide where it was indicated to create a file that .tar.md5 is the same type of file that the offical firmware

thanks

Last edited:

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
clarification
with odin 3.0.9 I have to select the CP and then I have to do the flash file modem.bin or do I create a file .tar.md5 (that include only modem.bin file) and then flash?

I ask because I had found a guide where it was indicated to create a file that .tar.md5 is the same type of file that the offical firmware

thanks

No need to make tar file, just put modem.bin in CP section and make sure everything is unchecked just AutoReboot checked then flash it.

claudioxe

Aug 14, 2014

I made flash modem.bin N7505XXUCNL1 - knox still has the value zero.
Now I have to see if I do not have blocks in change 3g / 4g
thanks for everything Claudio
:laugh:

claudioxe

Aug 14, 2014
great, you are welcome
inform me if your issue solved

until now no block with the new modem. i'm glad.
now i have the Italian firmware with baseband relative to other fimware: N7505XXUCNL1 (Hungary & Romania & Bulgaria & Portugal & Slovakia & Baltic)
it can do any problems?
I wanted to know if you think the RIL not aligned could bring problems such as an increase in consumption of the battery?

I then noticed that receiving telephone is 'very poor. can you tell me if your samsung note 3 neo has received telephone low?

daron96

Feb 14, 2015
problem

Hello I have a problem with the flash of the modem is Romanian new zealand I follow everything there is written in the guide put start begins and after a few seconds I say fail I tried it with version 3.09 the odin 3.10 the 3.07 the 1.85 but nothing the result is always the same .. fail ..

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
until now no block with the new modem. i'm glad.
now i have the Italian firmware with baseband relative to other fimware: N7505XXUCNL1 (Hungary & Romania & Bulgaria & Portugal & Slovakia & Baltic)
it can do any problems?
I wanted to know if you think the RIL not aligned could bring problems such as an increase in consumption of the battery?

I then noticed that receiving telephone is 'very poor. can you tell me if your samsung note 3 neo has received telephone low?

For battery you must notice if there is any issue,
for signal it depends in your area and how it was before.
you must choose what the best modem for you.

Muhammad Rihawi

Aug 3, 2013
Dubai
Hello I have a problem with the flash of the modem is Romanian new zealand I follow everything there is written in the guide put start begins and after a few seconds I say fail I tried it with version 3.09 the odin 3.10 the 3.07 the 1.85 but nothing the result is always the same .. fail ..

I don't understand which modem you try, new zealand or Romanian?
also try another modem to see from where the problem..
just put the modem.bin in CP section and open download mode in your mobile and flash it..
don't change the name of the modem keep it ( modem.bin ) .

Reactions: daron96

claudioxe

Aug 14, 2014
For battery you must notice if there is any issue,
for signal it depends in your area and how it was before.
you must choose what the best modem for you.

unfortunately I got another phone lock that it did not receive phone calls, data.
according to you if you tried to flash a modem or three notes of the S5 could solve the problem?
have any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,
    I thought of creating an official Modem list for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo N7505 Modems only for KitKat 4.4.2
    I will be adding all the modems available in Modem.bin .

What is a modem?

Modem/Radio/Baseband is all the same thing and can be seen by going to Settings - About device - Baseband version. It's basically a driver which receives and sends Mobile Network signals as well as handling switching between GPRS, 3G, HSDPA etc....... (but not WiFi connection, that and switchover between Mobile Network and WiFi is handled by the kernel). Reasoning as to why Modem has no influence on WiFi can be found in this post by Entropy

Why?

Sometimes some custom Roms come with modems for various regions. If your modem is designed for different regions than yours then the chances are that it will sometime not work with optimal network performance.

You should look into changing your modem if you are experiencing the following :
    Poor 3G speeds
    Very fast battery drain whilst on 3G
    Poor call reception

How to check:
    Settings >> About device >> Baseband version

How to flash the Modem:

Open Odin and click on CP button the select Modem.bin file and make sure everything is unchecked just AutoReboot then press start and your device will reboot with the new Modem :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modem List:
    1. N7505XXUCNG2 (Middle East & Europe & South East Europe & Nordic countries)
    2. N7505XXUCNL1 (Hungary & Romania & Portugal & Bulgaria & Slovakia & Baltic)
    3. N7505XXUCNK1 (New Zealand )

Odin Download:
    Odin3_v3.09
    Odin3_v3.10.6
    Correct the links setting...Now they are working :)
    good work, I will try XSG I hope it solve my signal issue.
    N7505XXUCNK1 added & Odin Links
    How can I backup actual modem before try another one?

On settings---about phone---Baseband to know which modem you use,
    then you can try another modem and if you want to back to the original modem just download it from here.