• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Note 3 successfully rooted (unlocked bootloaders only)

Search This thread

kastafela

Feb 17, 2009
Dubai
Maybe you can pm this guy from the reply here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46017358&postcount=105
He was saying something about successfully changing Arabic fonts.

Thank you, I used other way to change it after rooting through replacing the font file manually in system/font with a different ttf file.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

You need to change arabic font. Ok
First download attached font as it. And go to root explorer under system/fonts .... then paste and reboot :) https://app.box.com/s/cu9h7w6jgkqh1uobptyt

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Nour826

Nour826

Jun 17, 2011
Kuwait
Thank you, I used other way to change it after rooting through replacing the font file manually in system/font with a different ttf file.

You need to change arabic font. Ok
First download attached font as it. And go to root explorer under system/fonts .... then paste and reboot :) https://app.box.com/s/cu9h7w6jgkqh1uobptyt

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I used same method but your font is much better than mine. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

nforce4

Nov 4, 2007
shenzhen
Please give more information. How are you trying to remove system apps?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

I use some software like SystemApp Remover,

it get the root permission,

but failed to remove systemapp,

in other way,

I can use Root Exploer to remove Systemapp from /system/app, the apps disappear from /system/app,

but they also exist in Applist and Touchwizh,

I also can open it,

what's the issue with this??

Last edited:

mingkee

I use some software like SystemApp Remover,

it get the root permission,

but failed to remove systemapp,

in other way,

I can use Root Exploer to remove Systemapp from /system/app, the apps disappear from /system/app,

but they also exist in Applist and Touchwizh,

I also can open it,

what's the issue with this??

This is possible if you receive update from Google Play or Samsung because a copy is stored in /data/app.
If so, you have to move them to memory card (just in case).

Sudbury78

Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys any way around this potential Verizon locked bootloader. Can we buy an unlocked phone and use on vz?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
This whole knox thing is basically the reason why I haven't rooted yet. Normally if I had a used phone I wouldn't care but I just got this bad boy yesterday and now I will lose my warranty if I just root?

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
Three issues with my SM-N900 Octa core version :

1. Whenever I reboot my machine... it kind of goes into bootloop for 3 times and then 4th time boots properly.

2. Something blocks apps which do root access. The icon with the bessage comes like a white grey shield...

3. Even after using Adfree in Cool Tool settings m seeing adds!!

Can anyone help me ?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm having the exact same bootloop problem as stated in red fonts. Interesting part is i haven't even rooted my device yet because of knox troubles. I suspect this might be a common issue with or without rooting.
Things i've already tried to fix this:
1) I have performed factory reset dozens of times within touchwiz.
2) I have performed wipe cache within default android recovery
3) I have performed wide dalvic and cache within default android recovery
4) I have pulled the battery out, waited for a while then put it back
5) I have removed the 64Gb sandisk sdcard , booted and insert it in its slot once booted.

Pulling out the battery and removing sdcard during boot seems to help to break the bootloop sometimes but i haven't figured out a persistent solution yet.

My father and my brother also have Note3 and they never had such bootloop issues somehow.

My device model is N9000Q

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Things i may have done which might have corrupted the system files and caused this bootlooping issue might be as follows ( Or it's Samsung factory fault ?):
1) installing root apps such as titanium backup even though i'm not rooted.
I've removed them all and tried again still the same bootlooping issue
2) choosing a custom recovery in rom manager app even though i don't have custom recovery installed.
I've uninstalled the rom manager app and still having same bootloop issues.
3) knox app might be causing some issues. My brother and father doesn't have knox installed. I've uninstalled knox and performed a full wipe but still having bootloop issues
4) samsung account device lock. I' haven't activated this device lock thing after full wipe and still having bootloop issues.
5) deformed sdcard slot or any kind of other hardware issues. ( i have no idea how to test this. Removing sdcard during boot or pulling out battery and puting it back helps with the bootloop issue sometimes but not always

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
Hello,

The root cause for my issues is that I tried to restore apps using titanium backup.

Running the below command fixed my issues:
restorecon -R -v /data/data

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

schwaitz

Aug 11, 2006
Brasil
Galaxy Note 3 Boot Loops

Remove the battery and the SD card.
Put the battery back in and turn on the device.
Try Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu > Advanced and uncheck Always allow scanning.
Now you should be able to turn the device off and reinsert the SD card.
Boot it up and your problem might be gone

In my SM-N9005 works

I'm having the exact same bootloop problem as stated in red fonts. Interesting part is i haven't even rooted my device yet because of knox troubles. I suspect this might be a common issue with or without rooting.
Things i've already tried to fix this:
1) I have performed factory reset dozens of times within touchwiz.
2) I have performed wipe cache within default android recovery
3) I have performed wide dalvic and cache within default android recovery
4) I have pulled the battery out, waited for a while then put it back
5) I have removed the 64Gb sandisk sdcard , booted and insert it in its slot once booted.

Pulling out the battery and removing sdcard during boot seems to help to break the bootloop sometimes but i haven't figured out a persistent solution yet.

My father and my brother also have Note3 and they never had such bootloop issues somehow.

My device model is N9000Q

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Things i may have done which might have corrupted the system files and caused this bootlooping issue might be as follows ( Or it's Samsung factory fault ?):
1) installing root apps such as titanium backup even though i'm not rooted.
I've removed them all and tried again still the same bootlooping issue
2) choosing a custom recovery in rom manager app even though i don't have custom recovery installed.
I've uninstalled the rom manager app and still having same bootloop issues.
3) knox app might be causing some issues. My brother and father doesn't have knox installed. I've uninstalled knox and performed a full wipe but still having bootloop issues
4) samsung account device lock. I' haven't activated this device lock thing after full wipe and still having bootloop issues.
5) deformed sdcard slot or any kind of other hardware issues. ( i have no idea how to test this. Removing sdcard during boot or pulling out battery and puting it back helps with the bootloop issue sometimes but not always

#abhrr_newbie

Apr 18, 2014
#help ROOT NOT WORKING

Hey guys im in a sticky situation being new to rooting and stuff. I tried to root my note 3 N900 by first flashing CWM recovery via odin. Then on trying to flash superSU via CF autoroot it failed and knox countered. It told me to set phone to recovery via kies. Kies didnt work and kept connecting so i reflashed CWM recovery via odin.
I now have aworking CWM recovery but no root access.
Also the open Lock icon at boot does not appear.
Plz let me know where have i gone wrong and if there's something with the bootloader to do.
#Thanxx

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
This is a method for rooting a rom, not unlocking a bootloader. I have never heard about any xda members that had an sm-n9005 with a locked bootloader.

Aug 14, 2016
TWRP intead of CWM

Hi all,

just for your information: I just successfully rooted my N900:
1. Install CWM recovery for your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2454079
2. Download and install SuperSU 1.65 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 via CWM (the root option in CWM didn't work)
3. Voila
I did this with the N900 but it should also work for the other versions.
Cheers,
Justin
(Note 3 SM-N900)

Will it work if i use TWRP instead of CWM??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

just for your information: I just successfully rooted my N900:
    1. Install CWM recovery for your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2454079
    2. Download and install SuperSU 1.65 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 via CWM (the root option in CWM didn't work)
    3. Voila
    I did this with the N900 but it should also work for the other versions.
    Cheers,
    Justin
    (Note 3 SM-N900)
    Me too. I'm waiting Omega ROM for SM-N900. Hope omega will release soon.

I have root! Take THAT, Trip Adviser!

I have an SM-N900 and followed the instructions posted on this thread and the linked threads. The only important but not explicitly mentioned instruction - put your phone into download mode before flashing via ODIN.

to any other ODIN newbies out there:

download CWM .tar file. Do not extract.
    download SuperSU to your phone
    run odin (I used 3.9), leave checkboxes as they are (don't change anything)
    pick the CWM .tar file in ODIN by clicking the AP button (PDA in earlier versions)
    put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power, then volume up when prompted)
    plug in USB
    hit "start" on ODIN
    after phone reboots, reboot to recovery (volume up+home+power, release power after splash but not volume up or home)
    in CWM, flash SuperSU
    clear cache/dalvik cache
    reboot!
    Please change title to reflect that this method supports other versions such as SM-N9005 :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    #help ROOT NOT WORKING

Hey guys im in a sticky situation being new to rooting and stuff. I tried to root my note 3 N900 by first flashing CWM recovery via odin. Then on trying to flash superSU via CF autoroot it failed and knox countered. It told me to set phone to recovery via kies. Kies didnt work and kept connecting so i reflashed CWM recovery via odin.
    I now have aworking CWM recovery but no root access.
    Also the open Lock icon at boot does not appear.
    Plz let me know where have i gone wrong and if there's something with the bootloader to do.
    #Thanxx