Note 3 vs. Note 4 - for anyone still on the fence

Search This thread

kabuk1

Jan 17, 2007
Norman
Biggest disadvantage on note 4 is that he does not have temperature and humidity sensor :((((

This is the only thing that bums me out about this phone. Honestly though, I didn't really use these features hardly at all on my 3 though, so I can't complain too much.

I was reeeeeeaally on the fence about this upgrade. I watched the feature videos, read the spec sheets, read every review, and was still a bit unimpressed with the 4. What got me was playing with one in the store. It was beautiful, felt solid & heavy in my hand, that fingerprint scanner was a deal-MAKER cause I'm huge on privacy, and that screen made me wanna slap my mama :eek:

I had a problem with light spots & banding in my first two units, but the 3rd time was the charm and in the end I'm glad I upgraded. My 3 was suffering some noticeable burn-in and screen uniformity issues, so it was time to put the old mare out to pasture anyway.

SJGSM

Jan 31, 2013
Galaxy Note 4 is project CERO.

It has all the features and power that a real Galaxy Note brand should have.

This must be your FIRST Galaxy Note ever.

The before series where just a mere Beta testing versions.

Note 1 = Beta 1
Note 2 = Beta 2
Note 3 = Beta 3
Note 4 = Gold Edition Final Production. Project CERO.
GALAXY NOTE SERIES: GALAXY NOTE CERO

Last edited:
Reactions: majkicimo
The micro USB 3.0 charging port was the major loss technically speaking. $amsung is just fooling us all playing with the market needs and note 4 just make it's turn.

Sent from my SM-T805M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Galaxy Note 4 is project CERO

If you referring to project zero (cero in spanish i suppose) that's another aproach:
Samsung Wants To Start Galaxy S6 From Scratch With ‘Project Zero’

Project T was Galaxy Note 4
Project K was Galaxy S5

Sent from my SM-T805M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

SJGSM

Jan 31, 2013
The Same with the galaxy S series.
Galaxy S6 is also project Zero for the S series. A truly 64 bit smartphone as it should have been from the beginning. It took 5 public betas for the S series to create a truly 64bit S Zero smartphone.

My Note 4 is Exynos 64bit Sm-N910C. So for me it is Project Zero for the Note series.

By the way, the USB 3 was and it is needless.
The cable is too thick and it is slower than the current fast charging.

Last edited:

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
I've had the s5 and all the notes and the note 4 upgrade is only marginal at best from the note 3 but a huge leap from the s5 (which really had slow nand and internal read/write speed which made the gallery app really slow to open and the whole system would slow down like crazy when you downloaded a lot of apps at the same time).

Here are some comparisons for everyone:

Note 4:
1. Better screen
2. Far Better Camera
3. Build Quality

Note 3
1. Seemingly equal if not better battery life
2. Less stutters or lags for the UI
3. Speed more or less the same or on par with the note 4

I always tell my friends to skip the n4 if they have the n3 and wait for the next best thing :)

Ce

Sep 23, 2006
I've had the s5 and all the notes and the note 4 upgrade is only marginal at best from the note 3 but a huge leap from the s5 (which really had slow nand and internal read/write speed which made the gallery app really slow to open and the whole system would slow down like crazy when you downloaded a lot of apps at the same time).

Here are some comparisons for everyone:

Note 4:
1. Better screen
2. Far Better Camera
3. Build Quality

Note 3
1. Seemingly equal if not better battery life
2. Less stutters or lags for the UI
3. Speed more or less the same or on par with the note 4

I always tell my friends to skip the n4 if they have the n3 and wait for the next best thing :)

I fully agree with your "pro" and "con" list with one exception, the Note 3 felt faster....much faster.

SJGSM

Jan 31, 2013
I think you guys have the snapdragon version of the Note 4 which is very similar to the Note 3 in performance.

I Have the Exynos 8 core 20nm. And also the Note 3 snapdragon 801. With Note 4 I really have a very powerful desktop computer on my hands. Note 3 feels like a smartphone and a toy. I barely use my desktop PC any more because Note 4 can satisfy 99% of my needs.

By the way if you guys get Note 4, get your selfs the best Note 4 case you can afford because it deserves it. Get yourselfs the Montblanc Case and the Montblanc e-pen if you can afford it.

Note 4 Snapdragon is an evolution, while Exynos 8 cores 20nm is a revolution.

Note 5 will probably be an Evolution from Note 4 Exynos. Because it will be Exynos 7420 and snapdragon 810.

That is why I say Note 4 Exynos is project ZERO for the Note series.

QHD, 8 cores, 64bit, 20 nm. Finger print scanner

Hard to beat for the Note 5 which will not be a revolution unless it has: 4QHD, 12 cores, 128 bit, 18 nm, Eye Retine scanner technology.

Last edited:

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
I think the full potential of the note 4 exynox won't be fully realized until the lollipop update. We have to wait and see how good a job samsung covers this.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I fully agree with your "pro" and "con" list with one exception, the Note 3 felt faster....much faster.

Yeah, my note 4 was bugging down like crazy yesterday before a restart. The camera is really good though which is the main reason I got it.

hitsquad27

Jul 8, 2009
Note 4 is very much worth it

I had a rooted T-mobile Note 3 and i loved it. I was on the fence about upgrading. Once i actually held it in my hands and saw the screen I knew i would be upgrading. I have the jump plan so it was pretty simple. Sold my Note 3 paid off my remaining balance and used the rest as a down payment of the Note 4. The biggest difference the fact that in my area T-mobile rolled out 700mhz LTE and the Note 4 is one of the only compatible devices. I immediately noticed the speed difference and much much better reception in doors especially since i live in a basement level apartment and relied heavily on wifi calling at home with my note 3. Now I can leave wifi off and enjoy VOLTE calling. The screen is a pretty noticeable upgrade. I rooted mine on day one got rid of the bloat and its noticeably faster not that my note 3 was slow. Battery life was a welcome improvement, and the S pen has been much improved. Also i like the new multi-window pop ups over the note 3 version. Lastly I am very pleased with the external speaker upgrade...its much louder. I frequently use speaker phone for work. I also like to listen to music when i shower and my note 3 was barely loud enough to hear over the shower. The Note 4 speaker is plenty loud enough. My GF actually says its too loud lol. In the end the note 3 is still a very capable device and if the price is an issue you could surely wait but i have to say it was definitely worth the upgrade for me.

SJGSM

Jan 31, 2013
Hitsquad27

Do you have the Snapdragon or the Exynos version?

You said you have rooted it and removed bloatware.
Have you lost PRIVATE MODE? or any other security options?

RoyLoy

May 28, 2014
Portugal
Goodbye Note 3

Hello . I have a Note 4 SM- N910F to about 3 weeks. Before the Note 4 had a Note 3 and before I had a Galaxy 4 Active . I was one of those who argued that it was not worth replacing my Note 3 for my Note 4 , and now I have to swallow my words . I am delighted to be a proprietor of a Note 4 .

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Hello . I have a Note 4 SM- N910F to about 3 weeks. Before the Note 4 had a Note 3 and before I had a Galaxy 4 Active . I was one of those who argued that it was not worth replacing my Note 3 for my Note 4 , and now I have to swallow my words . I am delighted to be a proprietor of a Note 4 .

Why you're happy with note 4 compare to note 3?

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
Sold mine as I just disliked too many physical design features . I will be looking at the Edge but more likely skip the "4" experience altogether.

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
If u use sprint and are in a "spark" are I would see the value. Honestly when I used the note 2 was the point that turned me back to samsung. Always hated them since using the Samsung moment. Note 2 was a awesome phone for the time. I wasn't really impressed with the difference between the 2 and 3. The real miss for me with the 3 was the no spark capability. Now that the note 4 has it i would say it was worth the jump if u use sprint in a spark area.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I have used all 3 note 2 3 and 4

Note 4 is a nice jump from the 2 but not sure if it is worth it from the 3

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have all the Samsung Note.
    The difference for me between a Note 3 and 4 is all speed and screen.
    I'm so happy with the upgrade and I must say I didn't expect to be so impressed about the difference.
    So satisfied, but battery is hopelessly bad .
    Like Note 1 and 2 the battery drain is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
    I always rushed in upgrading Samusng phones like I bought note 2 and note 3 brand new after few days of launch but not any more. I believe the price difference is not worth spending as of now so I am waiting for price to go down.
    I am decided to stay on note 3. Then....
    I had note3 and now note 4, but I think it will be my last samsung, no root no party.

I have a Rooted Note 3 with knox 0x0. And I am having party.

SM-N910C
    Galaxy Note 4 is project CERO.

It has all the features and power that a real Galaxy Note brand should have.

This must be your FIRST Galaxy Note ever.

The before series where just a mere Beta testing versions.

Note 1 = Beta 1
    Note 2 = Beta 2
    Note 3 = Beta 3
    Note 4 = Gold Edition Final Production. Project CERO.
    GALAXY NOTE SERIES: GALAXY NOTE CERO
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone