Note 3 vs. Note 4 - for anyone still on the fence

Search This thread

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I'm using the Note 3 & it's not just the money difference either. . If someone gave me a Note 4 for free I would sell it & continue with the 3
I really think it's just an all round nicer phone.

fixfox2

Aug 9, 2010
I have so far been unable to get myself to sell my note 3 ( I usually sell the older phone when I upgrade ).

It's so far performed better than the note 4 ( both are exynos ... N900 & N910H ).

Note 3 is running Lollipop 5.0 while Note 4 is kitkat 4.4.4

My Note 3 performs better than Note 4 in day to day use

Jonathan-H

Sep 27, 2014
I was choosing between the Nexus 6 and the Note 4. For me the Note 3 is just too ugly and fragile. Purely a design choice as I believe the note 3 performs better than the 4, just uglier with a slightly worse Camera and Screen.

magichoward

Oct 27, 2007
had every note to date

I think the note 2 was the best...the other changes are incremental...not major.
I prefered the black themes and the night mode of the camera ....most of th new additions are gimmicks and or dont work well.example finger scanner, ultru voilet sensor.
Samsung really have to concentrate on their camera and really improve the battery life to compete..imo

Reactions: arjun90

bigup7

Apr 16, 2010
Had the Note 3. Got note 4 today

As others has be stated. Screen and speed are what makes it different definitely.

Feels more premium too

Happy with the move

Joey2o11

May 13, 2011
I'm using the Note 3 & it's not just the money difference either. . If someone gave me a Note 4 for free I would sell it & continue with the 3
I really think it's just an all round nicer phone.

You're mad :) The 4 is much nicer to handle than the ugly cheap looking 3.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
So I'm mad because I have a preference for one phone over another. Well you learn something every day.

Last edited:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
That's why I miss my Note 2.

I think the note 2 was the best...the other changes are incremental...not major.
I prefered the black themes and the night mode of the camera ....most of th new additions are gimmicks and or dont work well.example finger scanner, ultru voilet sensor.
Samsung really have to concentrate on their camera and really improve the battery life to compete..imo

hashcheck

Oct 22, 2012
I have had note 2, 3, 4 and others like nexus 5 & LG G3 and the note 4 is the most premium! Worth ever cent! The note 3 feels incredibly cheap compared to the note 4 plus the gear VR is a great addition

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I always smile when i read the reasons for preferring the Note 4 are the look & feel. Sorry guys but that's a weak argument if like me you always have the phone in a case, I feel the case & look only at the screen. ; )
I do understand however that some people only feel happy on the inside if they have the latest model.

Last edited:

Braxos

Nov 18, 2011
Best reasons are slim, lighter, looks better and they use otterbox a flip case and they put it on a pounce, where you need a screwdriver to get the spen out.

Archiimonde

Nov 7, 2010

Uhm, the Note's battery life is among the best of smartphones today. There aren't any manufacturers who do a lot more than incremental updates atm.

I always smile when i read the reasons for preferring the Note 4 are the look & feel. Sorry guys but that's a weak argument if like me you always have the phone in a case, I feel the case & look only at the screen. ; )

It's a weak argument if you use a case, but it's valid if you don't use a case, like me. Saying it's a weak argument just because it doesn't matter to you is just dumb.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
You're dumb if you can't read.. "if like me".......

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Even without a case the Note 4 is a nasty design with a sharp feel to its edges & what's the point of Samsung following the pointless trend for "metal" bits if they then paint over most of the bezel, worse still are the reports now of that bezel scratching very easily.
Note 4 has very little to offer other than the "4" if that's what you want then fine but I've now been called Mad & Dumb by Note 4 fans so what's making you so angrily defensive ? Lol
I have a Note 3 with a nice recess for my screen protector & I'm happy : )

Last edited:

Archiimonde

Nov 7, 2010
No reason to attack me for calling out your claim. Calling it weak is irrelevant, because if you use a case, it doesn't matter. If you do prefer the phone without a case, it is relevant, and thus okay. It's purely subjective.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Even without a case the Note 4 is a nasty design with a sharp feel to its edges & what's the point of Samsung following the pointless trend for "metal" bits if they then paint over most of the bezel, worse still are the reports now of that bezel scratching very easily.

This is not different from any other phone with similar aluminum design .

Note 4 has very little to offer other than the "4" if that's what you want then fine but I've now been called Mad & Dumb by Note 4 fans so what's making you so angrily defensive ? Lol
I have a Note 3 with a nice recess for my screen protector & I'm happy : )

I never said the Note 4 is superior in terms of features, because it isn't. But claiming that the build quality makes little/no difference is wrong. You can say that it doesn't matter to you, because you use a case, and that's fine.

Last edited:

andrew.mackew

Mar 25, 2011
I do understand however that some people only feel happy on the inside if they have the latest model.

Agreed.
It's pretty funny. I always use a case (Otterbox Defender) and my very first excuses to jump for Note 4 was look and feel arguments! What is really senseless :D
Under the hood, I feel better knowing what I have inside the case despite all the other look and feel arguments. No matter if I'll use or not all the new features that I got with it..
It's not honorable but I think that, in my case, is more a sense of to have the latest one than to use what it has to offer...

Last edited:

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Hahaha! This is funny! I have the LgG2 which I think is better than the LgG3. Except when I'm using an LgG3.

I have a Note 4 and I'm not selling it to get a Note 3.

I think the LgG4 will be better than the LgG3, the S6 better than the S5, the M9 better than the M8, the Note 5 better than the Note 4, the P8 better than the P7, the Z4 better than the Z3....I think that's the way it goes, isn't it?

I don't think the margin between the Note 3 & 4 is very wide except for the screen and the build but it's wide enough.

Anyway, everyone has their time in the sun - I'm sure the Note 3's skipping the 4's will happily pronounce their 5's the deadliest phone ever. :)

My only thing is the Note is a little too expensive to not think you have the best phone out there.

So yeah. I have the best phone out there.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have all the Samsung Note.
    The difference for me between a Note 3 and 4 is all speed and screen.
    I'm so happy with the upgrade and I must say I didn't expect to be so impressed about the difference.
    So satisfied, but battery is hopelessly bad .
    Like Note 1 and 2 the battery drain is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
    I always rushed in upgrading Samusng phones like I bought note 2 and note 3 brand new after few days of launch but not any more. I believe the price difference is not worth spending as of now so I am waiting for price to go down.
    I am decided to stay on note 3. Then....
    I had note3 and now note 4, but I think it will be my last samsung, no root no party.

I have a Rooted Note 3 with knox 0x0. And I am having party.

SM-N910C
    Galaxy Note 4 is project CERO.

It has all the features and power that a real Galaxy Note brand should have.

This must be your FIRST Galaxy Note ever.

The before series where just a mere Beta testing versions.

Note 1 = Beta 1
    Note 2 = Beta 2
    Note 3 = Beta 3
    Note 4 = Gold Edition Final Production. Project CERO.
    GALAXY NOTE SERIES: GALAXY NOTE CERO
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone