Note 3 vs. Note 4 - for anyone still on the fence

Search This thread

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Had the note 3 and sold it due to its proximity sensor not working. Wish I hadn't. Have the note 4 now and love it. To be honest the only real difference to me is the new build quality. Less plastic and more metal.
The note 3 seemed just as fast and great. I would have bought another note 3 but they were selling only 100 euros less than the note 4

Patosbuddy

Nov 30, 2011
I have all the Samsung Note.
The difference for me between a Note 3 and 4 is all speed and screen.
I'm so happy with the upgrade and I must say I didn't expect to be so impressed about the difference.
So satisfied, but battery is hopelessly bad .
Like Note 1 and 2 the battery drain is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: arjun90

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Had the note 3 and sold it due to its proximity sensor not working. Wish I hadn't. Have the note 4 now and love it. To be honest the only real difference to me is the new build quality. Less plastic and more metal.
The note 3 seemed just as fast and great. I would have bought another note 3 but they were selling only 100 euros less than the note 4

Probably just needed canned air and blew it out.

sohebq

Aug 20, 2011
RAWALPINDI
I always rushed in upgrading Samusng phones like I bought note 2 and note 3 brand new after few days of launch but not any more. I believe the price difference is not worth spending as of now so I am waiting for price to go down.

Reactions: .IC3M4N.

Richh3nson

Oct 13, 2014
I got my upgrade yesterday from note 3 to note 4 and apart from the build quality and the camera there doesnt seem to be that much of a difference if im honest.
i use it for work and was a little disappointed that knox was not available on the 910f model yet, i also tried my knox but that doesn't work on this model at the moment either.
apart from that it's all good ☺

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I'm sure Samsung know that metal is less than ideal on a phone, it's a stupid fad.
Note 4 has sharp edges too. It also has that bevelled edge to the glass which is great if you run without a protector but terrible if you do I hated the 2 for that.
Definitely not moving from the 3 to a sharp edged phone, my 4 upgrade in January will most likely get sold immediately.

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
I got my upgrade yesterday from note 3 to note 4 and apart from the build quality and the camera there doesnt seem to be that much of a difference if im honest.
i use it for work and was a little disappointed that knox was not available on the 910f model yet, i also tried my knox but that doesn't work on this model at the moment either.
apart from that it's all good ☺
Really 910F doesn't support MyKnox app?
Is this temporary? Or F doesn't include any knox chips or whatever?

Still testing knox on my 910C and seems that it's pretty nice feature.

Sent from my SM-N910C

Richh3nson

Oct 13, 2014
Really 910F doesn't support MyKnox app?
Is this temporary? Or F doesn't include any knox chips or whatever?

Still testing knox on my 910C and seems that it's pretty nice feature.

Sent from my SM-N910C
I've managed to get it working after some manual setup. It threw me as 910f was missing the knox website but that should be changed soon.

mcreego

Jun 8, 2010
verona
No the sensor was not installed properly and since the device was rooted the knox was tripped. So warranty no go!

I'm so sorry for You but even if Knox was tripped You can ask for a repair in warranty if You live in Europe. I'm a consumer lawyer and for my clients I always get warranty service from Samsung even if they try to refuse the reparations.

Sublation

Jan 5, 2013
I am decided to stay on note 3. Then....

Attachments

• 20141128_081532.jpg
    20141128_081532.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 1,123
Reactions: Tom540

Ce

Sep 23, 2006
I'm so happy with the upgrade and I must say I didn't expect to be so impressed about the difference.

My experience with the Note 4 is almost the opposite, apart from the screen. Battery life on my Note 4 is very good, at the end of the evening always between 30 and 40% left.
Speed of the device is a different story, stutters all over the place. Totally random, while switching launcher pages, scrolling through calendar or contacts (appr. 120 contacts) and other apps with "list view". My Note is 100% stock.
Not to forget, the fingerprintscanner is an annoying piece of hardware. Having my right thumb fingerprint registered 3 times I always have to swipe more than once/twice in order to unlock.
I'm absolutely not happy with the "update"!!

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
I'm so sorry for You but even if Knox was tripped You can ask for a repair in warranty if You live in Europe. I'm a consumer lawyer and for my clients I always get warranty service from Samsung even if they try to refuse the reparations.

Well I would have done that, I live in Germany but it would have taken them quite a bit of time. I sold it for 500 euros and explained the issue to the buyer. I bought a nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 with that money. To my surprise the Nexus series do NOT accept USB OTG natively. I had to get Stickmount from Chainfire to use any additional storage. It really made me wish for my note 3 back even with the sensor issue.
When my wife got the s5, I immediately realized why I like Touchwhiz and its lag. It comes out of the box with a lot of features that other devices need root for..
Like USB OTG
Customized quick settings
All share, (no need for all cast)
Also its cameras are always better with its features.
Plus micro sd
Battery removal and last but not least, It comes with in my opinion the best screens. I love Super OMLED.

Patosbuddy

Nov 30, 2011
My experience with the Note 4 is almost the opposite, apart from the screen. Battery life on my Note 4 is very good, at the end of the evening always between 30 and 40% left.
Speed of the device is a different story, stutters all over the place. Totally random, while switching launcher pages, scrolling through calendar or contacts (appr. 120 contacts) and other apps with "list view". My Note is 100% stock.
Not to forget, the fingerprintscanner is an annoying piece of hardware. Having my right thumb fingerprint registered 3 times I always have to swipe more than once/twice in order to unlock.
I'm absolutely not happy with the "update"!!

It sounds like you don't have the latest firmware.
I can't make my phone lag at all.
I can scroll as fast as I in contacts (988) pictures (764)
with out any lagging.
If you take a picture and press the photo on the left lower corner.
If it doesn't pop up instantly I guess your phone is on the same firmware as min was before I updated.
It was lagging in every way before update.

Ce

Sep 23, 2006
It sounds like you don't have the latest firmware.
I can't make my phone lag at all.
I can scroll as fast as I in contacts (988) pictures (764)
with out any lagging.
If you take a picture and press the photo on the left lower corner.
If it doesn't pop up instantly I guess your phone is on the same firmware as min was before I updated.
It was lagging in every way before update.

You're right, I don't have the latest firmware.

c0diac

Oct 15, 2011
Zagreb
www.bycod.com
i got note4 cheap so upgrade was right to do.
in my opinion they polished everything that was not so good on note3 like edge, camera, adding fingerprint lock, front camera, fast charge and for me usb 2.0.
but if someone would ask me would you pay 50% more to get note 4 i would say no.
Biggest disadvantage on note 4 is that he does not have temperature and humidity sensor :((((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I always rushed in upgrading Samusng phones like I bought note 2 and note 3 brand new after few days of launch but not any more. I believe the price difference is not worth spending as of now so I am waiting for price to go down.
    I am decided to stay on note 3. Then....
    I had note3 and now note 4, but I think it will be my last samsung, no root no party.

I have a Rooted Note 3 with knox 0x0. And I am having party.

SM-N910C
    Galaxy Note 4 is project CERO.

It has all the features and power that a real Galaxy Note brand should have.

This must be your FIRST Galaxy Note ever.

The before series where just a mere Beta testing versions.

Note 1 = Beta 1
    Note 2 = Beta 2
    Note 3 = Beta 3
    Note 4 = Gold Edition Final Production. Project CERO.
    GALAXY NOTE SERIES: GALAXY NOTE CERO