Note 4 random shutdowns Battery at 15%,20% fix ( without root )

Search This thread

Trex888

Jul 26, 2016
Dubai
I know lot of users facing this issue after marshmallow update so i decide to made this thread.
I have n910t and i have multiple batteries but phone everytime shutdowns at 15% or 20% after. Updated to marshmallow i did everything i downloaded battery calibration app from playstore but didn't work.
So i figured out how to fix and clear current wrong battery calibration status without root and my phone doesn't shut down at 15 or 20% anymore.

1,open dialer and dial *#0228#
2,after dialing *#0228# the battery status menu will popup.
3,hit ( quick start ) at bottom of the screen in red color
4,hit ( yes ) and go to settings/battery and disable fast charging for 1 charge only.
5,power off the phone and charge to 100%.
6,turn on the phone and if it shows 97,98,99 plug in charger again and charge to 100%.
7,once it charge to 100% unplug charger and this will create new battery calibration status automatically.now you can enable fast charge again.
8, Next go to play store and download wakelock power app and install it. Open the app and hit (PARTIAL WAKE LOCK) as in screenshot below.
This app will help prevent the device from random rebooting and freezing this app does not require root access.

Download wakelock power app link below.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl

THIS METOHOD WORKS ONLY WITH STOCK OFFICIAL FIRMWARE IF YOU ARE RUNNING AOSP ROMS/CYANOGENMOD ROMS/NOTE7 ROMS/S7EDGE ROMS/ OR OTHER PORTED ROMS DIALING *#0228# MAY NOT WORK.
AND IF YOU HAVE VERIZON NOTE 4 THE HIDDEN CODES ARE DISABLED BY CARRIER SO DIALING *#0228# CODE WILL NOT WORK.
HIT THANKS IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU:good:

Last edited:

Trex888

Jul 26, 2016
Dubai
I am running a debloated rom, do you happen to know what system apps need to be in place to do this?
Some examples I see are,....bluetoothtest.apk, factorycameraFB.apk.

Sent from my SM-A710F using XDA-Developers mobile app

No idea .
for this method you dont need to mess with anything even no need to be rooted just follow instructions i mentioned in op.
Be aware if you have xposed installed or running cyanogenmod/s7/note7/ based rom it will not work.
You must be on stock otherwise dialing *#0228# won't work.

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks! My girlfriend is waiting for a new free battery due to warranty cover, but in case she keeps having this problem I'll tell her to follow your instructions ;)

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Tab 2 mediante Tapatalk

jel7

Jul 21, 2010
I'm running a note 7 port and the dialer codes don't work. Does anyone know the correct code for the N7? TIA

I booted into safe mode and tried again, but still get the "connection problem or invalid MMI code" error

Last edited:

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I'm posting this for FYI purposes and to thank Trex888:

I was having this problem on TEKHD's Lollipop Rom also, so it isn't just MM Roms that are affected. I bought an 8000 mAh battery with back cover on ebay and it doesn't happen when using it. I can go all the way to 1% without a problem. Any time I use my OEM battery that came with the phone, my phone shuts down at about 24% charge and keeps power cycling. I can't even shut the phone off with the power button because it just turns itself back on and continuously power cycles. If I remove the battery and then put it back in, the phone will stay off. I thought my battery was bad and bought the 8000 mAh battery, which doesn't behave that way. Now, after seeing this thread, I am relieved to know someone found a "fix."

Needless to say, thank you very much for posting a working fix for this issue. I'm going to hit thanks in a few of your posts since I can only thank you once in the OP :)

Thanks again Trex888!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SEVENEDGE

Mar 28, 2016
I know lot of users facing this issue after marshmallow update so i decide to made this thread.
I have n910t and i have multiple batteries but phone everytime shutdowns at 15% or 20% after. Updated to marshmallow i did everything i downloaded battery calibration app from playstore but didn't work.
So i figured out how to fix and clear current wrong battery calibration status without root and my phone doesn't shut down at 15 or 20% anymore.

4,hit ( yes ) and go to settings/battery and disable fast charging for 1 charge only.
6,turn on the phone and if it shows 97,98,99 plug in charger again and charge to 100%.
7,once it charge to 100% unplug charger and this will create new battery calibration status automatically.now you can enable fast charge again.
THIS METOHOD WORKS ONLY WITH STOCK OFFICIAL FIRMWARE IF YOU ARE RUNNING AOSP ROMS/CYANOGENMOD ROMS/NOTE7 ROMS/S7EDGE ROMS/ OR OTHER PORTED ROMS DIALING *#0228# MAY NOT WORK.
Thanks. I tried this on my wife's ATT Note 4. I bought a used one that had MM, then i started noticing it not charging pass the upper 80s. I switched the battery that was in my back up Note 4 Verizon Variant, did what you suggested, and it has charged to 100 twice now. Hopefully this keeps up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using XDA-Developers Legacy app

blaze0513

Jan 14, 2015
Hi
Im using a n7port right now.. and the battery usually torn off at 29÷.. if i install a stock and then do the instructions.. can i go back to n7 port? Or then the problem comes back?

Trex888

Jul 26, 2016
Dubai
Hi
Im using a n7port right now.. and the battery usually torn off at 29÷.. if i install a stock and then do the instructions.. can i go back to n7 port? Or then the problem comes back?

After do this instructions use stock for atleast 4 days to make battery status perfect.
After that you can flash whatever rom you want but flashing roms again might mess up battery calibration.
Make sure after flashing any new rom turn off fast charging and the phone and charge to 100% te recalibrate battery with new rom.

jacomail95

Nov 11, 2012
Fondi, LT
I hope i don't go too OT here, i don't own a Note 4, but my friend asked me to do that for him. These are screens from his Note 4 Snapdragon, he says he uses Nameless ROM with AEL kernel and after tweaking a little, after calibration and some kernel settings, he has obtained this pretty awesome battery life

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_230015.jpg
    IMG_20170109_230015.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_20170109_230014.jpg
    IMG_20170109_230014.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_20170109_230011.jpg
    IMG_20170109_230011.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,057
Reactions: phrotac

CODENEX

Jul 21, 2012
My Note 4 is running on DN7 ROM by Team-Electron. The dialer code for battery status worked and it popped up the status and I went on clicking the red quick start button, it showed a warning window whether the fuelgauge will be recalibrated causing battery issues.

Should I proceed with further steps as mentioned, or are there any reported issues when operated from any Note 7 Port ROM's ??

Thanks.

Trex888

Jul 26, 2016
Dubai
My Note 4 is running on DN7 ROM by Team-Electron. The dialer code for battery status worked and it popped up the status and I went on clicking the red quick start button, it showed a warning window whether the fuelgauge will be recalibrated causing battery issues.

Should I proceed with further steps as mentioned, or are there any reported issues when operated from any Note 7 Port ROM's ??

Thanks.

Yep you can go ahead and hit yes
But i suggest you try this method on stock non rooted firmware and use for few days.
Once your battery status are perfectly calibrated you can flash any rom you wish.

CODENEX

Jul 21, 2012
Yep you can go ahead and hit yes
But i suggest you try this method on stock non rooted firmware and use for few days.
Once your battery status are perfectly calibrated you can flash any rom you wish.

Do you recommend making a NANDROID backup and rrevwet back if any issues found ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

8, Next go to play store and download wakelock power app and install it. Open the app and hit (PARTIAL WAKE LOCK) as in screenshot below.
    This app will help prevent the device from random rebooting and freezing this app does not require root access.

Download wakelock power app link below.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.thedarken.wl

AND IF YOU HAVE VERIZON NOTE 4 THE HIDDEN CODES ARE DISABLED BY CARRIER SO DIALING *#0228# CODE WILL NOT WORK.
    I am running a debloated rom, do you happen to know what system apps need to be in place to do this?
    Some examples I see are,....bluetoothtest.apk, factorycameraFB.apk.

Sent from my SM-A710F using XDA-Developers mobile app

No idea .
    for this method you dont need to mess with anything even no need to be rooted just follow instructions i mentioned in op.
    Be aware if you have xposed installed or running cyanogenmod/s7/note7/ based rom it will not work.
    You must be on stock otherwise dialing *#0228# won't work.
    Well, the little zip i made is simple, it removes from system/bin and xbin all the binaries which contain the "log" letters, so it removes from the system the capability of taking also logcats i suppose, but you can gain a little more battery. Then, if you need logcats you have to reflash the full system of yours. I am not responsible if you do damage. Here it is. I can share only what i've done to my Nexus 5 already posted on XDA, so i don't have to remake the same posts again. Anyway, basicly, try a baseband/radio modem which is more battery friendly than your latest, if it is possible, underclock your device CPU to <1 Ghz (my friend did so also) and use some good governor (you Samsung owner have a bunch of them soooo damn good at battery, i use for my Nexus 5 the blu_active one, but try others like nightmare and such). Well, have a look and see if you can improve also your battery

My settings

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-t2697951/post69960533

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/kernel-t2697951/post69960942
    I hope i don't go too OT here, i don't own a Note 4, but my friend asked me to do that for him. These are screens from his Note 4 Snapdragon, he says he uses Nameless ROM with AEL kernel and after tweaking a little, after calibration and some kernel settings, he has obtained this pretty awesome battery life

MAN! 9+hours of Screen on time?:confused: that is redicolous i barely got 5 hours in my entire life with note 4 what exactly tweaking you did I'll be appreciated if you share with us .
    I'm posting this for FYI purposes and to thank Trex888:

I was having this problem on TEKHD's Lollipop Rom also, so it isn't just MM Roms that are affected. I bought an 8000 mAh battery with back cover on ebay and it doesn't happen when using it. I can go all the way to 1% without a problem. Any time I use my OEM battery that came with the phone, my phone shuts down at about 24% charge and keeps power cycling. I can't even shut the phone off with the power button because it just turns itself back on and continuously power cycles. If I remove the battery and then put it back in, the phone will stay off. I thought my battery was bad and bought the 8000 mAh battery, which doesn't behave that way. Now, after seeing this thread, I am relieved to know someone found a "fix."

Needless to say, thank you very much for posting a working fix for this issue. I'm going to hit thanks in a few of your posts since I can only thank you once in the OP :)

Thanks again Trex888!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk