Note 4 SM-N910F says it is an SM-N910T?

Search This thread

TheRichboy247

Mar 22, 2013
Wellington
Hey guys,

I recently received this Note 4 and decided to root it, install a custom rom, the whole 9 yards. Anyways, I was able to gain root access, and install Dr.Ketan's 6.0.1 M5 ROM, however was stuck when I had to update the bootloader and modem. I tried multiple times with different files to flash with Odin, but I would get a fail error message every time. I was really confused as to why this was until one day when in download mode, it said that the model number is SM-N910T, however under the battery it says SM-N910F.

This phone was bought from some shady online store, and booted with T-Mobile stuff and even had root checker installed when the phone was first turned on. The store must have done something to this phone before, so I am wondering if I can restore this phone to make it an SM-N910F, or should I flash T-Mobile bootloader and modem to install Dr.Ketan's ROM?

Any insight or help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

digitalchaos1980

Aug 6, 2013
Starke, FL
Do this first...

First off, I would try seeing if the IMEI number stored in NVram matches what is listed on the label. Because you may have a genuine N910T with an F backing. Go to your dialer and do the *#06# deal and see if the IMEI matches what's under the battery. You can also go under Settings>>About Phone and see the IMEI number there. If it doesn't match then you probably have a genuine T-Mobile variant. If it matches the number under the battery then I'm not too sure where to go from there lol. Good luck!

Chuck

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone