Note 4 SM-N910F suddenly won't charge nor boot? What to try next?

Search This thread

kosmarnik

Jan 8, 2009
Hi!

The phone was working fine up till yesterday.
I left it charging, only to find it stuck with the red LED on. It would not respond to button presses, and the LED stayed on even after being unplugged.
I took the battery out, put it back in, didn't want to boot. I took the battery out again, left it out for a few minutes, it booted with an unfamiliar message "Could not do normal boot" or something along those lines. After a restart it booted normally.
I used the phone normally the whole day, but after leaving it charging, same thing happened, but resolved it with leaving the battery out for a few minutes.
Phone worked fine from there on.
Left it charging before bedtime, found it stuck again in the morning, but this time, no way to boot.

I changed batteries, left it without battery for quite some time, nothing.

The phone is rooted, running a custom ROM, flashed sometime last year. Had no problems until now.

What do you recommend?

kosmarnik

Jan 8, 2009
Seems like it could be the eMMC error.
I was extremely unlucky and it died completely in just one day since the error manifested :(

If you have any suggestions on how to revive it, please share!
I tried cool it in the freezer, didn't help :(

Last edited:

echomanX

Dec 21, 2017
Note 4 won't charge or boot - Fixed

Hello,
My note four recently started running sluggishly and the battery would only charge to 77%. I rebooted it and it was now stone dead, would not charge, boot , nada. This is the fix I found that worked for me:

Take out battery, sim card, and mem card. Install back cover. Place phone in ziplock sandwich bag and seal. Place bag into freezer for 20 minutes. Remove bag/phone from freezer, reassemble battery, sim and mem cards. Press the start key and phone should boot(mine did). If not, plug into Samsung fast charger and try booting again.
Regards

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone