• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Note 4 UK lollipop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xXPaToSoNXx

Nov 18, 2013
I'm on 5.0.1 Lollipop only because I downloaded the update from XDA and installed using ODIN. It is was a very easy process and does NOT void your warrany as you are not rooting the phone.
Bought my phone from Three last week and it came with 4.4.4.
I might try that,I haven't heard of it before though so I'll have to look into it a little bit more. Another question, let's say the official lollipop update comes out. How would I get around downloadin that after I uninstall the unofficial update?

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
I'm on BOC3 and find the battery to be excellent. Definately a better build than DBT.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I might try that,I haven't heard of it before though so I'll have to look into it a little bit more. Another question, let's say the official lollipop update comes out. How would I get around downloadin that after I uninstall the unofficial update?

make sure you use the 910F version else you'll risk bricking it. Theres plenty of instructions on here. Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/lollipop-5-0-1-n910fxxu1boc3-t3059806

I think this is the netherlands but works fine on my f unlocked UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: xXPaToSoNXx

Jygar

Dec 25, 2006
Gloucester
Has to be said I was disappointed with the initial german release, the contacts app crashing constantly was a real PITA, I rolled back since then and found KK is far more stable.

Think what has been disappointing from Samsung is they are being pretty poor in software roll out planning, it is bad now however I am wondering how it will be after the S6 is launched globally.

xXPaToSoNXx

Nov 18, 2013
Has to be said I was disappointed with the initial german release, the contacts app crashing constantly was a real PITA, I rolled back since then and found KK is far more stable.

Think what has been disappointing from Samsung is they are being pretty poor in software roll out planning, it is bad now however I am wondering how it will be after the S6 is launched globally.
Official German lollipop release?

thedarkmunk

Dec 9, 2010
I'm on 5.0.1 on BOC3. BOB4 wasn't anything fantastic after the initial hype of it being Lollipop died, but BOC3 was a noticeable upgrade to even BOB4. In my experience anyway. I have an unbranded 910F and flashed the BOC3 via ODIN. I'd highly recommend it!

Reactions: xXPaToSoNXx

xXPaToSoNXx

Nov 18, 2013
I'm on 5.0.1 on BOC3. BOB4 wasn't anything fantastic after the initial hype of it being Lollipop died, but BOC3 was a noticeable upgrade to even BOB4. In my experience anyway. I have an unbranded 910F and flashed the BOC3 via ODIN. I'd highly recommend it!
You recommend BOC3? So how does this fash work? Is it just necessarily an ota update you would get? And is it completely reversible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts