Note 5 and Band 12

Search This thread

tengtengvn

Dec 13, 2008
Silicon Valley
Samsung Galaxy S21
I notice on my Nexus 6P, it tends to connect to band 12 quite often. At home where I have 3 bars of band 4, -122 dBm, restarting the radio will force the 6P to connect to band 12. I can't replicate this on the Note 5. I actually haven't seen band 12 on my Note 5 before.
Do you have this issue in band 12 areas? The baseband is COKC.

JCap334

Apr 5, 2016
Bensalem
I notice on my Nexus 6P, it tends to connect to band 12 quite often. At home where I have 3 bars of band 4, -122 dBm, restarting the radio will force the 6P to connect to band 12. I can't replicate this on the Note 5. I actually haven't seen band 12 on my Note 5 before.

I tend to also check my Note 5's Service Mode now and then. It appears the phone prefers Band 4 over 12, which makes sense because Band 4 has much higher bandwidth than Band 12. There have more been instances lately where I will have Carrier Aggregation showing Band 4 and 12 together. The only time the phone will primarily use Band 12 is if I'm deep in a building and Band 4's signal is too low.

If you use #*2263# in the dialer, you can tweak these settings. You can force Band 12 if you want to for testing.

Reactions: tengtengvn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tend to also check my Note 5's Service Mode now and then. It appears the phone prefers Band 4 over 12, which makes sense because Band 4 has much higher bandwidth than Band 12. There have more been instances lately where I will have Carrier Aggregation showing Band 4 and 12 together. The only time the phone will primarily use Band 12 is if I'm deep in a building and Band 4's signal is too low.

If you use #*2263# in the dialer, you can tweak these settings. You can force Band 12 if you want to for testing.