Note 5 SM-N920A ATT, install T-mobile Stock ROM?

Search This thread

xigital

Oct 6, 2011
I unlocked a Galaxy Note 5 model Samsung-SM-N920A from ATT and I am using Tmobile services.
My question is can I install a Stock ROM from TMobile instead of having the ATT one?
And which one is the right for exchange N920AUCS4CPL1 baseband? I already downloaded N920TUVS4DPH2_N920TTMB4DPH2_N920TUVS4DPH2_HOME.tar.md5

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
Read some more on here. It can't be done. Your phone is sim-unlocked. In order to flash ROMs, the bootloader needs to unlocked and the AT&T Note 5 cannot be bootloader-unlocked, rooted, etc.

The only excitement around here is someone found the early versions of Nougat on the AT&T servers, which is still a stock system.

Good luck.

xigital

Oct 6, 2011
Read some more on here. It can't be done. Your phone is sim-unlocked. In order to flash ROMs, the bootloader needs to unlocked and the AT&T Note 5 cannot be bootloader-unlocked, rooted, etc.

The only excitement around here is someone found the early versions of Nougat on the AT&T servers, which is still a stock system.

Good luck.

But I saw in this forum a lot of people that installed a Tmobil rom on Att phone without problems but on other samsung phones no in the Note 5 And I wondered if it could be done on it too.

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
Not on note 5. I think the s6/s6 edge are flashable/rootable. And there are definitely other samsung phones that are rootable, but not the Note 5

xigital

Oct 6, 2011
Not on note 5. I think the s6/s6 edge are flashable/rootable. And there are definitely other samsung phones that are rootable, but not the Note 5

the tmobil version of the note 5 can be rooted way the Att version no. All the pre installed Att stuff take control of my phone and I cant disable it. Please help

the tmobil version of the note 5 can be rooted way the Att version no. All the pre installed Att stuff take control of my phone and I cant disable it. Please help

The N920A Note 5 is different from the N920T.

The AT&T Note 5 cannot be rooted or flashed with anyrhing other than AT&T signed firmware (as you have already Been informed). Can't be done.

Every AT&T app in the app menu can be disabled. Hold your finger on an AT&T app and drag it to the Disable option at the top of the screen. Repeat last step until ypu have no AT&T apps left in the app list

Last edited:

droidvoider

Dec 22, 2016
California
AT&T & Verizon Note 5 owners: DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PHONE!!!! I already have a thread explaining how to disable the software updater.. In the next couple of days I will be releasing a tool that disables ANY app on your Note 5 phone!!!! Right now my AT&T phone doesn't have a single AT&T app listed as installed!! I even disabled the Usage Manager, so when I say we can now disable any app I mean ANY app.
(this promptly removes it from all lists, the app for all purposes will be "removed")

I can 'remove' the AT&T / Verizon apps if your phone isn't updated beyond November 2016.. There is still some chance I can remove the AT&T apps if you didn't upgrade to nougat yet. If you upgraded to Nougat you should just learn to live with it because it was hard enough to get access to marshmallow.

edit: I finished a tool for disabling apps.. actually though it executes commands as root, but I did an example of how to disable packages
https://forum.xda-developers.com/at...able-att-apps-samsung-sm-n920a-maker-t3553840

Last edited:
Reactions: cwbcwb and Delgoth
There is a combination firmware 4apl1 use it to downgrade to android 5.1.1. It wipes all your data but I have a full root on combination firmware with kingroot 4.8.2. I manually installed nova launcher prime which can hide apks as well. I manually installed apks with king flasher PC and mobile go installer. Also root apk uninstaller will also install mirror apks from apkmonk etc. Then change kingroot to
Supersu using the terminal emulator method and flash
Safestrap zip and gaps package with flashfire. Then
You are rooted with safestrap installed. Thanks to delgoth and
.Droidvoider for their information on
Their threads.

Last edited:
N920A 6.0.1 4cqb2 can be rooted I have done it multiple times. Google my YouTube video. The only thing I am having trouble with is installing a custom ROM over 4apl1 combination firmware. Yes in and out of bootloops many times but I am remaining patient. From my understanding of the posts I read on XDA I have to modify the custom ROM to install it over rooted 4pl1 combo. I have not figured it out yet. My phone is a v4 bootloader. The post on here are for doing that over a bootloader 3. It is rootable but this part installing custom ROM is complicated. Finally succeeded flashing and booting rom up over N920A 5.1.1 rooted combination firmware. Here is a YouTube link http://youtu.be/J6GXvtxq2aA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T & Verizon Note 5 owners: DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PHONE!!!! I already have a thread explaining how to disable the software updater.. In the next couple of days I will be releasing a tool that disables ANY app on your Note 5 phone!!!! Right now my AT&T phone doesn't have a single AT&T app listed as installed!! I even disabled the Usage Manager, so when I say we can now disable any app I mean ANY app.
    (this promptly removes it from all lists, the app for all purposes will be "removed")

I can 'remove' the AT&T / Verizon apps if your phone isn't updated beyond November 2016.. There is still some chance I can remove the AT&T apps if you didn't upgrade to nougat yet. If you upgraded to Nougat you should just learn to live with it because it was hard enough to get access to marshmallow.

edit: I finished a tool for disabling apps.. actually though it executes commands as root, but I did an example of how to disable packages
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/at...able-att-apps-samsung-sm-n920a-maker-t3553840
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone