Note 7 Repeated Restart/Bootloop Issues

Search This thread

shadowpartner

May 7, 2014
Anyone else have such issues with their new Note 7? Right out of the box after the update my device started freezing with weird glitch lines on the screen and restarting by itself, often multiple times before it loads up to my lock screen. It also frequently gets into a bootloop and the device gets really hot until i simulate a battery pull with Power+VolDown.

I'm using a Singapore set, the dual sim variant. Went down to the local service centre on launch day to get this problem checked out and already saw quite a few Note 7 preorder owners there for the same issue. The technicians did a firmware reflash and it seemingly solved the issue until the next day where the freezing begun again. It got progressively worse throughout the day. Now my phone has to be kept off as it would keep restarting by itself. The phone is pretty much unusable now.

Looking at local forums and Samsung facebook page, it's certainly more than just a handful of owners with this issue.
The same issue also seems to be appearing on Korean and Verizon Note 7's:
instagram.com/p/BJVQpY4hcu8
youtube.com/watch?v=e8JC5RPPLkc

[no direct links as i'm below 10 posts]

2crueal4u

Aug 19, 2011
Any one else on the note 7 duos with same issue??

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

TKokab

Jan 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Any one else on the note 7 duos with same issue??

Another Brick in the wall
I have same issue.
Bought my SM-N930FD from Dubai on 19th August. I live in Pakistan and when reached home and started the phone for set up it immediately gave me a system update. I installed that update and after that it started freezing, and restarting.
I tried Samsung Switch app to restore my phone but to no avail.
I haven't disabled OEM lock in administrative settings also.

Now I cant not pass the boot screen and after few seconds it keeps on restarting, i think its a boot loop.
I can go to download mod, I can go into recovery where it shows status official but at the end DM variety error.
I have not tried anything unusual like rooting or installing third party apps.
As far as I have searched on the forum some more people are also experiencing the same issue. I think we have to wait for official XSG firmware of the region to restore the phone by ODIN.

In the meantime any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

2crueal4u

Aug 19, 2011
Another Brick in the wall
I have same issue.
Bought my SM-N930FD from Dubai on 19th August. I live in Pakistan and when reached home and started the phone for set up it immediately gave me a system update. I installed that update and after that it started freezing, and restarting.
I tries Samsung Switch app to restore my phone but to no avail.

Now I cant not pass the boot screen and after few seconds it keeps on restarting, i think its a boot loop.
I can go to download mod, I can go into recovery where it shows status official but at the end DM variety error.
I have not tried anything unusual like rooting or installing third party apps.
As far as I have searched on the forum some more people are also experiencing the same issue. I think we have to wait for official XSG firmware of the region to restore the phone by ODIN.

In the meantime any help will be appreciated.
So maybee its the FW update that makes it unstable...what FW do you have after update? Mine will be here tomorrow..from www.from.ae. in dubai i think. I will not update it?
Also do u guys have 2 sim inside or just one and sd card? Can there be an issue with that that keeps it rebooting

TKokab

Jan 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
So maybee its the FW update that makes it unstable...what FW do you have after update? Mine will be here tomorrow..from www.from.ae. in dubai i think. I will not update it?
Also do u guys have 2 sim inside or just one and sd card? Can there be an issue with that that keeps it rebooting

I only use one sim and SD card and afterwards I tried without SD card. I do not remember which update it was but it was like 193. mb. But I wish you do not have any problem because few sets are causing problems. My problem is I can not immediately or in near future visit Dubai I have to wait for some other solution.

2crueal4u

Aug 19, 2011
Can u send it back? Did u purchase from net ot physical store?

anamahmed

Aug 10, 2016
Heating

After applying to the latest update, my device is getting very hot. Sometimes, it feels like I need to put this in the freezer.

Reactions: mrhizzo

rajlesta

Oct 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am using Malaysian device.. plugged only 1 SIM, and no SD card. Unrooted. I have both fingerprint and irises configured.
My phone frozen once and happended before the ~186mb FW upgrade. I was watching videos on youtube, then I pressed back button to go to home, then suddenly phone freeze. Phone went into blank/black screen, the top notification was still visible though (Battery percentage, Signal bar, etc) I followed power + vol down tricked and it worked.

after that incident, I upgraded FW and so far for the past 30hrs no issue. So I dont know. Many users in my countries seems affected even a lot worst than mine. E.g. every hour the phone restarts/get freeze.

I dont use facebook :p

Last edited:

kazmuth

Aug 18, 2004
Pasig
Same issue with Philippine FD version released by a Smart Telecoms (local telco). Got my unit Sunday morning, drove home, it hung while I was setting it up, did a soft reset (power + volume down), got stuck on the boot logo and got really hot. I couldn't power it off until I did power + volume down + home. It wouldn't power go past the boot logo even after charging, soft reset, hard reset. I drove back to the store where I got it to have it replaced, spent 3 hours going back and forth from the telco store to the Samsung store where they declared the unit a lemon. Went back to the telco store and got a replacement unit.

So far the unit has not exhibited the same symptoms as the first unit even after the software upgrade to N930FXXU1BPH6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this doesn't go the way of the first unit.

EMF

Jul 22, 2009
I am having the same issue with my Note 7 Duos (N930FD) from Dubai. It gets hot and now I have a constant bootloop.

When I got it I updated, and it froze while updating, so it does not seem to be due to the update.

2crueal4u

Aug 19, 2011
Got mine from dubai also.. no problem so far.. updated to new FW as well....keep my finger crossed...

Skickat från min SM-N930F via Tapatalk

EMF

Jul 22, 2009
Someone said it's KNOX, unisntall or temp disable it will help better. SO pls try and confirm ?

Mine don't even boot any more, but goes directly to recovery after a factory reset. Shows an error in red "Need to check DRK first...". Going back for a replacement.

Anyway it froze for me during an OTA update to, so it looks like a hardware problem as it also happens when the OS is not even loaded.

rajlesta

Oct 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mine don't even boot any more, but goes directly to recovery after a factory reset. Shows an error in red "Need to check DRK first...". Going back for a replacement.

Anyway it froze for me during an OTA update to, so it looks like a hardware problem as it also happens when the OS is not even loaded.

Yeah its appear to be hardware problem. I had freeze once, that was before FW upgrade, brought my set to SC and they did clean ROM install. Everything works well for 4-5days since then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else have such issues with their new Note 7? Right out of the box after the update my device started freezing with weird glitch lines on the screen and restarting by itself, often multiple times before it loads up to my lock screen. It also frequently gets into a bootloop and the device gets really hot until i simulate a battery pull with Power+VolDown.

I'm using a Singapore set, the dual sim variant. Went down to the local service centre on launch day to get this problem checked out and already saw quite a few Note 7 preorder owners there for the same issue. The technicians did a firmware reflash and it seemingly solved the issue until the next day where the freezing begun again. It got progressively worse throughout the day. Now my phone has to be kept off as it would keep restarting by itself. The phone is pretty much unusable now.

Looking at local forums and Samsung facebook page, it's certainly more than just a handful of owners with this issue.
    The same issue also seems to be appearing on Korean and Verizon Note 7's:
    instagram.com/p/BJVQpY4hcu8
    youtube.com/watch?v=e8JC5RPPLkc

[no direct links as i'm below 10 posts]
    On Sammobile : http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09/01/galaxy-note-7-recall-will-reportedly-be-announced-soon/

1472760232-capture.png

I really hope that they will also give this 128Go micro SD card to people who will have to exchange their device !

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

They juste erase the passage about the 128Go SD card ... I'll contact Samsung tomorrow ...
    Hi all
    From Australia and similar problem with Note 7. The firmware is the original one out of the box. After several days it started to freeze occasionally which forced it to restart. In some instances it went into a reboot cycle. The phone is also notably more laggy compared to Note 5 and scrolling or transitions have stutters. Shockingly a low performance phone.
    Flashing any stock Samsung firmware meant for your phone model will not trigger Knox

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk