Note 7R / FE - Firmwares now available (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zamzenos

Aug 2, 2014
Did anybody has progress with rom port? Almost any galaxy has its own port and we don't :crying:(

What port do you suggest? Note FE has the best of both the (s)7 and (s)8 worlds. We could do with a custom rom, perhaps, but we can do pretty well everything we want with root..

Incidentally, have flashed a Note FE port onto my Note 5. Now that looks good and simple.

zamzenos

Aug 2, 2014
I am pretty used to flash firmwares with ODIN.
I know where to put the BL-, AP-, CP- and CSC-files.
But what the heck to do with included "HOME_CSC_KTC_N935KKTC3AQFE_CL11617784_QB14098177_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5" -file?
There is no slot in ODIN.

I downloaded with SamFirmware-download tool.

Use home_csc if you want to retain custom recovery; use csc if you want clean install.

zamzenos

Aug 2, 2014
Supposedly the N935S variant works better with T-Mobile USA. At the moment I cannot get VoLTE to work and I'm curious if it does with the N935S software/firmware.

Ah. I suppose you could try, then reinstall the K varaint if it doesn't work. It's relatively to get out of a soft brick, should that happen.

force70

Hello Pal, i was wondering if you could do me a favour. Since you have the N935K version can you tell me if you can enable/disable data roaming in the mobile networks settings please?

Not unless you come out of your data coverage area...that tab is greyed out otherwise.

I have a L version but i think they are all the same

sent from my Note FE, S8 plus, S7 edge or S6

zak809

Dec 11, 2012
Not unless you come out of your data coverage area...that tab is greyed out otherwise.

I have a L version but i think they are all the same

sent from my Note FE, S8 plus, S7 edge or S6

i have the S7 edge and on that i can disable/enable the data roaming option even if im in my home country.
Thanks though

zak809

Dec 11, 2012
has anyone spotted that there is new firmware available on Sammobiles website for the N935F? It seems as if the FE will be launching in Malaysia soon.
Can someone work out if this firmware is for the Exynos version or Snapdragon version?

sammobile.JPG

Last edited:

KOLIOSIS

has anyone spotted that there is new firmware available on Sammobiles website for the N935F? It seems as if the FE will be launching in Malaysia soon.
Can someone work out if this firmware is for the Exynos version or Snapdragon version?

View attachment 4284409

All the Note FE's manufactured to date have been Exynos powered,as all "F" models of all previous Samsung devices of all types.
I would imagine this one is no exception.
This isn't 100% proof,but pdadb.net lists it as having an Exynos chipset:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=device...e__galaxy_note_7_fan_edition&d=detailed_specs

paul2834

Feb 25, 2012
All the Note FE's manufactured to date have been Exynos powered,as all "F" models of all previous Samsung devices of all types.
I would imagine this one is no exception.
This isn't 100% proof,but pdadb.net lists it as having an Exynos chipset:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=device...e__galaxy_note_7_fan_edition&d=detailed_specs

So in theory, could we install this on top of our Korean models and be able to use Samsung Pay outside of South Korea?

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator

View attachment 4284409
It'll definitely be the Exynos 8890.

Samsung would never release an SD phone for international markets, that too with an unlocked bootlooader.

paul2834

Feb 25, 2012
It'll definitely be the Exynos 8890.

Samsung would never release an SD phone for international markets, that too with an unlocked bootlooader.

So anyone brave enough to install the firmware on their device? I agree, we should be ok Exynos-wise, but I'm still not sure about installing international firmware on Korean models. There could be other hardware differences, like antennas. Even then, not sure what cards we can add to the Malaysia Samsung Pay. I'll have to research more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just noticed the SM-N935x firmwares just went up.
    For the Korean variants, SM-N935S, SM-N935K and SM-N935L.

SMN935K.jpg

Based on Android 7.0, even though some rumours said it'd launch with 7.1.1 instead.

Anyway, they're live now, all ready for the launch tomorrow.

UPDATE (07-07-2017): Don't flash this on your SM-N930x phones to avoid any bootloader downgrade protection issues.
    I'm sure once the phone becomes a bit more easily available, some kind Devs would port the ROM over to your OG Note 7's.

UPDATE (27-09-2017): The first International firmware (SM-N935F) has shown up on SamFirm. Move to this thread for discussion ---> https://xdaforums.com/note-fe/how-to/note-fe-international-firmware-n935f-t3680098
    All 3 files are now available on my website, L/K/S let's see what can be done... time will tell. The bootloader is going to be a problem plus the fact that it is now essentially another device (SM-N935X instead of SM-N930X) Same phone but another phone, lol. I think Samsung is going to "Test" the Note 8 Apps/Software with the N7FE, so... ROM developers should grab a copy of this firmware. It's not 7.1.1 as mentioned by OP but I am sure it is good enough for Samsung's N8 testing. Samsung usually use Korea as the testing ground, as they did with the Note 5 & UX (later UX was included with the N7)

DUMP

N7FE-N935SKSU3AQFE-SYSTEM-CSC-BOOT_(ODEX)_TEKHD.rar

N7FE-N935SKSU3AQFE-SYSTEM-CSC-BOOT_(DEODEX)_TEKHD.rar

Edit: As suspected... there is a BixbyHome folder inside priv-app. Samsung is testing the N8 with the N7 FE. Maybe an update will activate some Bixby functionality.
    cant i try flash it to 930F?

No my friend... don't try it. You will end up with a brick... (wait for rom development)
    No my friend... don't try it. You will end up with a brick... (wait for rom development)
    Yeah buddy we hope on you!!!
    will have my SM-N935X i a few days...and we will try something